Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Why are our fans so passive

7 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Fulham of the midlands is why. 

I have to disagree. In the height of Al-Fayed’s reign, the Fulham fans mobilised magnificently to keep the cottage. They stopped attending games, started a fan group and put pressure in the right places to make sure the identity of their club was kept. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because that's the culture they've carefully cultivated over the last decade. 

Protect King Power at all costs, keep the propaganda machine going, keep the questioning voices as quiet as possible.

Yup 

We’ve got the fanbase the owners wanted

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We seem to have attracted a type of stamp collecting rugby crowd buoyed by our Premier League and FA Cup wins. 

What I'd call proper, heart on the sleeve fans seem to be an absolute premium for us. Concentrated in the singing section and then in loose pockets around the ground. 

The rest are passive and could be at the cinema, theatre etc with the attitude of entertainment me. 

They don't realise that they should be part of the event and can directly influence it 

Vast majority of ST holders were going pre 2016 though

I think it’s one of the biggest reasons why I’ve chosen to switch off from LCFC for the rest of the season.

This feeling that the players should be applauded ‘no matter what’ is just bizarre. I look at the people doing it and think they look sad. To have to invest so much loyalty into players, half of whom don’t give much of a shite, is sad imo.

But people writing above are correct and it’s a point I made a few weeks ago….. many of the supporters these days aren’t really even bothered too much about football. Some of the parents of the kids ‘who want to go’ literally don’t even know the rules of the game. It’s a family day out.

I make the same claim of the fans club who travel to away matches on the coaches. They see it as ‘a day out’ where they can chew the fat with like-minded others. It’s a social thing….

This isn’t a bad thing, but it probably explains why there is so much apathy towards the club going down the shitter

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

The reason we're all cross is Enzos tactics.

If they were working and we were 10points clear you'd all be celebrating Top as a great chairman who was brave to appoint a relative unknown as the guy to take us back to the Prem.

Wasn't 80% of us Pro Enzo and therefore pro Top and kingpower back in December? 49/60 points at Christmas, best ever Championship points total. Soooooo since then what's Top don't wrong??? 

Not sacked the manager who has just achieved that record. Or is it too many Kingpower logos making our fans all meek and less passionate than other teams supporters.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, westernpark said:

I have to disagree. In the height of Al-Fayed’s reign, the Fulham fans mobilised magnificently to keep the cottage. They stopped attending games, started a fan group and put pressure in the right places to make sure the identity of their club was kept. 

Reading are always held up as ultimate anti-Footybanterawaydayslad club and look at what they've been doing this season - tennis balls, pitch invasions, getting games called off in protest.

Most of our fanbase donnot have that in them.

24 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

When they up the ST prices in the summer the masses will mobilise to defend them. 

"Look at the accounts, of course we need to pitch in and help". Pure stooges. 

Still gets me how they introduced that clearly bogus admin fee on ticket prices and you had people defending them for it

Plus the price fixing, that deserved more scrutiny 

KPFC screwing their own hardcore over on the cost of their merchandise 

Edited by MattFox
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, LC1884FC said:

You do a lot of moaning on here but what have you actually done in person? You're just as bad if not worse than the people you're criticising with this post

So just to be clear here, I'm not a hypocrite, I've always put my money where my mouth is. 

I got moved on by club officials (communist party workers) against brum for my one man ( sad as ****) protest outside the main stand. 

I had a badly made sign asking for accountability from two members of staff in particular. 

Got looked at like a freak by the blue mongies who get down the ground really eat to knit a filbert fox teddy. 

Maybe the question should be flipped. Why are our fans so negative and entitled?

We are currently top of the league on equal games played with our nearest competitors. 
We were more positive and excited in the past under Pearson nipping into the playoffs in 6th place several seasons ago. That’s to do with our expectations. 

Would add that there’s clearly been a drive by the club to drive the working class rough and ready elements out of the fanbase and replace them with more middle class customers

Over-Zealous stewarding , banning orders etc 

There’s a lot of faces home and away you don’t see any more and not just the older generation 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Reading are always held up as ultimate anti-Footybanterawaydayslad club and look at what they've been doing this season - tennis balls, pitch invasions, getting games called off in protest.

Most of our fanbase donnot have that in them.

I’m on the fence as to whether we do have it in ourselves. I see part of the issue is that people don’t realise the seriousness of the situation we’re in, whether that’s down to the propaganda of the club, or a general lack of awareness, likely part of both. Fundamentally, people are generally happy with turning up on the first day for a kit launch, singing Vichai had a dream once during the game and having a beer in soar point after. However, I don’t believe that’s necessarily a default setting for any fanbase.

I love it when people say things like 'they should just sell up...now'. Yeah okay they have put in millions over the years and will continue to do so.

I don't see a queue of people waiting to buy a club with 200 million debt, losing 90 million a year, points deductions on the cards and a fan base that 'wants to beat the traffic'. 

You would have to be a complete idiot to buy Leicester City, that or a fan. 

They have made mistakes and if we don't go up there needs to be a massive clearout led by fresh faces but I'm not seeing many better options. 

Edited by Foxin_Mad
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

Maybe the question should be flipped. Why are our fans so negative and entitled?

We are currently top of the league on equal games played with our nearest competitors. 
We were more positive and excited in the past under Pearson nipping into the playoffs in 6th place several seasons ago. That’s to do with our expectations. 

Expectations rise when you are paying your players a ridiculous amount, and all you get from them is poor performances. The last 10 games especially, we have been atrocious; seriously bad. It’s not good enough. At this rate we aren’t holding onto a promotion place let alone top spot. 

Edited by foxes_rule1978

You can’t even voice your concerns at the ground on match day without getting abuse from the ‘Happy clappers’ or ‘Brendan brigade’. Fans going against fans, punches thrown and abuse hurled all because you want to voice your opinion.

Toxic. It’s only a matter of time until it happens again.

23 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Would add that there’s clearly been a drive by the club to drive the working class rough and ready elements out of the fanbase and replace them with more middle class customers

Over-Zealous stewarding , banning orders etc 

There’s a lot of faces home and away you don’t see any more and not just the older generation 

Have you been in L1 lately!! Definitely  not the case🤣🙄

Putin’s Russia. Powers that be give you no reason to believe in anything. They make society emotionless then tell you “you could always go back to how it was 20 years ago” so you tolerate it.

Edited by Lionator
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Genuine question here. 

Why do our fans love incompetent overlords and flat out refuse to demand accountability for the way the club has been run over the last 3 or so years. 

Not onr of our supporter led groups have done anything to demand the bare minimum of accountability. 

Shit players on massive contracts, Ill discipline amongst the squad, a 5 star hotel for overpaid players, a DOF not qualified for the job, an owner who seemingly has zero control over his middle managers, a culture of poor supporter treatment. 

Seriously, when do the blue mongies of Leicester City wake up and demand the custodians of the club do better? 

They are where they are. 

3 hours ago, Koke said:

Leeds fans or Newcastle fans would be hounding out their managers or owners. But our fan base has a small club mentality and will accept anything.

We're uniquely bad I think. I remember going to Wolves in October 2022 and the south bank was belting out songs against their Rudkin equivalent. He was sacked the following Monday. They survived and we didn't.

I wonder what % of our ground could name who our director of football is.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Lako42 said:

The beautiful purpose of a forum. 

I'll probably be banned again for asking though 

i bloody well hope not lako its a good question and a fair 1 and has some interesting to say the least reactions ,with football n life tbh  i think the east mids fans are feet on ground people in general , north east n leeds are passionate / deluded in equal measures imo  as we know scousers as someone already posted  are militant  4 cockney clubs n 2 mancs are silent ish haha  til they are top of pile then its shirts for kids in leicester time , oh dear.  i worked in east anglia in 1983 norwich n ipswich are football lovers who just enjoy the game etc we for me are grateful for what we have for most part but as typed good question needed posting:schmike:  

13 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Putin’s Russia. Powers that be give you no reason to believe in anything. They make society emotionless then tell you “you could always go back to how it was 20 years ago” so you tolerate it.

People will laugh at this but theirs definitely similarities 

or the way the Thai Government Junta’s work to put things closer to home

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Because that's the culture they've carefully cultivated over the last decade. 

Protect King Power at all costs, keep the propaganda machine going, keep the questioning voices as quiet as possible.

Spot on this is, it’ll get worse as time goes on aswell.