Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Why are our fans so passive

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think within this we lost a fair amount of passion in some fans with the league and cup win. You saw so many saying the likes of ‘I can die a happy man now’ or ‘yeah thats me done’.

I agree but also we should be asking for more, striving for more, demanding more!

We won't see another PL, we understand and don't expect that but a bar was set, a standard was set, yet many people pass that of as entitled fans and with that attitude standards slip in the mess we find ourselves in.

For me it all came with a change of style, this style does not encapsulate what I used to enjoy about football, it's passive, boring, passionless nonsense and it's no more sustainable or successive than any other.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Matt said:

I agree but also we should be asking for more, striving for more, demanding more!

We won't see another PL, we understand and don't expect that but a bar was set, a standard was set, yet many people pass that of as entitled fans and with that attitude standards slip in the mess we find ourselves in.

For me it all came with a change of style, this style does not encapsulate what I used to enjoy about football, it's passive, boring, passionless nonsense and it's no more sustainable or successive than any other.

I have my issues with the style too. I don’t watch enough football now to really back this up but doesn't everyone try and play this way now. Isn't that the direction the game have gone?

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Genuine question here. 

Why do our fans love incompetent overlords and flat out refuse to demand accountability for the way the club has been run over the last 3 or so years. 

Not onr of our supporter led groups have done anything to demand the bare minimum of accountability. 

Shit players on massive contracts, Ill discipline amongst the squad, a 5 star hotel for overpaid players, a DOF not qualified for the job, an owner who seemingly has zero control over his middle managers, a culture of poor supporter treatment. 

Seriously, when do the blue mongies of Leicester City wake up and demand the custodians of the club do better? 

What do you specifically want to happen? You’re cross. We’re all cross. But how do we demand better? 

Last Saturday the atmosphere was better than it has been for some time, and arguably helped us over the line to a 2-1 win.

Do you want booing? Do you want a protest outside the ground? And what specifically are you asking for? Who do you want out? How do you demand accountability for our fall from grace over the last two years?

I don’t know for sure, but I don’t suspect any club has ever sacked a manger whilst it sits top of the table.

I totally understand your frustration, but I suspect part of it stems from the fact that in all truth there is nothing we can do. We’ve had five years of unbelievable glory. Now we have years of misery ahead. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

We seem to have attracted a type of stamp collecting rugby crowd buoyed by our Premier League and FA Cup wins. 

What I'd call proper, heart on the sleeve fans seem to be an absolute premium for us. Concentrated in the singing section and then in loose pockets around the ground. 

The rest are passive and could be at the cinema, theatre etc with the attitude of entertainment me. 

They don't realise that they should be part of the event and can directly influence it 

You're bang on.

I've said similar in other threads. For the majority, it's more of a family day out now. I'm not doubting they aren't 'supporters', they're just not the level of fan that is absolutely fuming with the past performances, management of the club etc. I'm guessing a lot of our supporters jumped on the band wagon after our great escape and Premier league win, happy with the free clappers and other freebies being handed out. I doubt some of these supporters even realise in recent years we entered administration and even had a little trip to league one.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, HUNTA84 said:

You're bang on.

I've said similar in other threads. For the majority, it's more of a family day out now. I'm not doubting they aren't 'supporters', they're just not the level of fan that is absolutely fuming with the past performances, management of the club etc. I'm guessing a lot of our supporters jumped on the band wagon after our great escape and Premier league win, happy with the free clappers and other freebies being handed out. I doubt some of these supporters even realise in recent years we entered administration and even had a little trip to league one.

Great post. 

The burning passion appears to only be with an ever reducing number of supporters. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

Our fanbase is a bit like the Judean National Front, but could be worse, we could be like The National Front of Judea ....

Splitters!!!!!

Great post and Life of Brian reference - Only just recently watched it but may have to have it on again today to cheer myself up 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I have my issues with the style too. I don’t watch enough football now to really back this up but doesn't everyone try and play this way now. Isn't that the direction the game have gone?

Not all but a very high majority yes.

That is no reason why we should be the exception to the rule though.

And who says "this is the way to play" just because it's successful for Pep and Man City, who bore everyone to tears, I think having the best players in the world and bankrolling it has alot to do with their success rather than how they play.

Genuine question here. 

Why do our fans love incompetent overlords and flat out refuse to demand accountability for the way the club has been run over the last 3 or so years. 

Not onr of our supporter led groups have done anything to demand the bare minimum of accountability. 

Shit players on massive contracts, Ill discipline amongst the squad, a 5 star hotel for overpaid players, a DOF not qualified for the job, an owner who seemingly has zero control over his middle managers, a culture of poor supporter treatment. 

Seriously, when do the blue mongies of Leicester City wake up and demand the custodians of the club do better? 

You do a lot of moaning on here but what have you actually done in person? You're just as bad if not worse than the people you're criticising with this post

12 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Great post and Life of Brian reference - Only just recently watched it but may have to have it on again today to cheer myself up 

😂... it's difficult to look on the bright side of life at the moment isn't it?

Perhaps when the self confessed Messiah has buggered off it will be better.

1 minute ago, weller54 said:

😂... it's difficult to look on the bright side of life at the moment isn't it?

Perhaps when the self confessed Messiah has buggered off it will be better.

He's no Messiah and I should know I've followed a few (about 30 odd I think from my last count) 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, HUNTA84 said:

You're bang on.

Are you referring to the past or making a future prediction? Because I honestly believe spiralling down to League One is not a million miles away with the current lot in charge. EFL points deduction, fire sales… it could easily end up there. On the plus side it might mean some of these lot leave as well. 

Genuine question here. 

Most English are passive though, its just our nature.  Leicester fans have always been this way, well since i started going in the 80's they have, even more so now with the changing demographics of the fans.

There are many that go to every game home and away not really that bothered about the result or where we are in the league.

So if you expect our fanbase to start demostrating, protesting or hurling abuse at the players then it will take a lot more than us sitting top of the league.

6 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

If that helicopter hadn't gone down, this club is not only still PL but probably in Europe and possibly in the CL. 

It ended there that evening, it just took a while to bleed out. 

Its difficult to blame the son for not being the man his father was. Its not his fault he doesn't share his fathers dream / vision  / investment, in this club even if he was the man his father was. 

The fans all know the tide turned that day and the fans are decent people who don't want to inflict that on the guy who has suffered enough & is still here when he probably should have drawn a line under it some time ago. 

He should look to sell, there's no disgrace in it, its not his failure, its just how lifes cruel game dealt the cards on this one. 

That's my two cents on why the lack of anger and demand for accountability in the fanbase. 

I was saying the same thing last night, you can plot our downfall from that tragic night.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I have my issues with the style too. I don’t watch enough football now to really back this up but doesn't everyone try and play this way now. Isn't that the direction the game have 

Yes in principle. But I am yet to see a team in the Prem that pass sideways and back like us.

To give you an analogy. We are wearing the same uniform. But we like to wash and Iron our blazer everyday, and get late for class. 

11 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

I think also the fact that our fanbase is so fractured doesn't help.

Last night was the first time it’s really riled me. I’m not usually one to overly vocalise my frustration, but equally I’m not someone to stand and applaud the team off after a turgid performance. Something in the middle I guess.

Last night I did actually give the players a bit of stick, and was immediately met with looks of anguish from the majority around me as they stood there applauding the team off. 

I simply don’t understand how someone can stand there and think last night was deserving of any applause, especially as the majority of players were off down the tunnel without so much as a cursory glance towards the fans.

Awful night all round.

• Like 2

For me leicester city fc are a religion ... in my DNA ...  maybe even a disability 😂  however for some they can take it or leave it ... some have no long term connection with the club  ... when you have travelled all over the country .. felt the highs and lows .. the elation and humiliation of being a leicester city fan .. only then can you fully understand... and then you have passion and you have to voice it .... either in a good way or a bad way 

13 minutes ago, Livid said:

Just look at this forum.

You stay behind to applaud the team off - you get slaughtered on here.

You stay behind and boo the team off - you get slaughtered on here.

You can’t be assed to watch them play keep ball for the last ten minutes and not stay behind to applaud them off/get behind the lads - you get slaughtered on here. 

We are what we are and we have made ourselves that way. 

Couldn’t agree more and exactly what I meant with my post. 

• Like 1