Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lako42

Why are our fans so passive

1 minute ago, Conscript Fox said:

If that helicopter hadn't gone down, this club is not only still PL but probably in Europe and possibly in the CL. 

It ended there that evening, it just took a while to bleed out. 

Its difficult to blame the son for not being the man his father was. Its not his fault he doesn't share his fathers dream / vision  / investment, in this club even if he was the man his father was. 

The fans all know the tide turned that day and the fans are decent people who don't want to inflict that on the guy who has suffered enough & is still here when he probably should have drawn a line under it some time ago. 

He should look to sell, there's no disgrace in it, its not his failure, its just how lifes cruel game dealt the cards on this one. 

That's my two cents on why the lack of anger and demand for accountability in the fanbase. 

Agree with pretty much all this. He just needs to go. I really fear he's done too much damage though so even despite the tough circumstances I can't forgive him.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Conscript Fox said:

If that helicopter hadn't gone down, this club is not only still PL but probably in Europe and possibly in the CL. 

Its difficult to blame the son for not being the man his father was. Its not his fault he doesn't share his fathers dream / vision  / investment, in this club even if he was the man his father was. 

The fans all know the tide turned that day and the fans are decent people who don't want to inflict that on the guy who has suffered enough & is still here when he probably should have drawn a line under it some time ago. 

He should look to sell, there's no disgrace in it, its not his failure, its just how lifes cruel game dealt the cards on this one. 

That's my two cents on why the lack of anger and demand for accountability in the fanbase. 

a good question but a very good answer :appl: 

• Thanks 1

It doesn't help. Everton fans are a lot more militant and the difference is they're still in the Premier League. We sleepwalked to relegation last season. 

That's not to demand the owners head, but to demand certain standards on the pitch at least.

Edited by gazzaa2

I agree with you but just out of interest, anything you're doing to help change things? 

Joined Foxes Trust, set up a new supporters group, stopped buying Leicester merch or giving money to the club? 

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 2

Leeds fans or Newcastle fans would be hounding out their managers or owners. But our fan base has a small club mentality and will accept anything.

• Like 4

I was about to post in the foxes trust thread but I’ve seen this come up so it makes sense.

While there’s definite need for action from the stands, I also think the next 2 home games require us to give our full support and backing to the team with what is at stake, I’m not talking about winning the league but now rather the future of our club. What i would say is that at the full time whistle of that Blackburn match, regardless as whether we go up as champions, second, or in the playoffs, we as a fan base have to take some form of fight to the club. That then continues through the summer, and into the start of next season until it changes. We can’t keep allowing this club to walk through shit show after shit show.

• Like 4

Top has trusted incompetent people run the club. He's shown loyalty to the wrong people and let the emotional side run it. After the relegation there should have been big questions asked. Now big contracts on poor players has ruined the club. That is a financial mismanagement at management level. 

This has knock on affects on the squad. People paid above their station, ability and passion. Look at Ipswich and what they done with the level of ability they have.

You reap what you sow and this is where we are. Big changes were needed at the end of the last season, nothing changed and so the cycle continues. 

The passion has gone from the fan base and the football at the moment isn't masking all this. At the beginning of the season it did, now it's there for all to see. 

As a fan, I have never felt so numb about the club, and this is the problem. It started last season and has continued this. All the above is the reason

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Genuine question here. 

Why do our fans love incompetent overlords and flat out refuse to demand accountability for the way the club has been run over the last 3 or so years. 

Not onr of our supporter led groups have done anything to demand the bare minimum of accountability. 

Shit players on massive contracts, Ill discipline amongst the squad, a 5 star hotel for overpaid players, a DOF not qualified for the job, an owner who seemingly has zero control over his middle managers, a culture of poor supporter treatment. 

Seriously, when do the blue mongies of Leicester City wake up and demand the custodians of the club do better? 

Because fan power has never been weaker due to TV money unless you are a big 6 club where a fan protest would be bad optics.

Edited by Dahnsouff

13 minutes ago, Koke said:

Leeds fans or Newcastle fans would be hounding out their managers or owners. But our fan base has a small club mentality and will accept anything.

Yet we get called entitled for the slightest of murmurs. (Deeney earlier in the season, multiple pundits and media sources last season)

Doesn't bother me, no skin of my nose, call me entitled, that's what breeds success, pushes boundaries and demands more imo.

What I think it is, the murmurs are neither here nor there as the thread title says, they are passive, apathy, it's all almost pointless, whereas if something kicks off, a movement of sorts, people on the outside actually do their research, look at the bigger picture, try and understand. 

Edited by Matt

5 hours ago, Conscript Fox said:

Great post.

• Thanks 1

We seem to have attracted a type of stamp collecting rugby crowd buoyed by our Premier League and FA Cup wins. 

What I'd call proper, heart on the sleeve fans seem to be an absolute premium for us. Concentrated in the singing section and then in loose pockets around the ground. 

The rest are passive and could be at the cinema, theatre etc with the attitude of entertainment me. 

They don't realise that they should be part of the event and can directly influence it 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Top has trusted incompetent people run the club. He's shown loyalty to the wrong people and let the emotional side run it. After the relegation there should have been big questions asked. Now big contracts on poor players has ruined the club. That is a financial mismanagement at management level. 

This has knock on affects on the squad. People paid above their station, ability and passion. Look at Ipswich and what they done with the level of ability they have.

You reap what you sow and this is where we are. Big changes were needed at the end of the last season, nothing changed and so the cycle continues. 

The passion has gone from the fan base and the football at the moment isn't masking all this. At the beginning of the season it did, now it's there for all to see. 

As a fan, I have never felt so numb about the club, and this is the problem. It started last season and has continued this. All the above is the reason

Puel got a lot of stick but that window of signing Maddison, Ricardo, Soyunchu and Evans is a good 50% of why Rogers was able to be succesful for 2 years. Id say it started about 2 years ago not last year, maybe 3 years ago that Bournemouth 4-1 result was. Id say we need to go back to signing a bit more obscure players Fatawu, Mavididi and Winks arent under the radar players neither is Coady.

Edited by Beachyboy
  • Like 1

WIt ended there that evening, it just took a while to bleed out. 

With the passing of time the reality of how great the Great Vichai truly was hits home. 

The fact he was travelling 4 / 5,000 miles to watch a relatively innocuous game against West ham on a Saturday night says it all about the mans passion and devotion to the club and the fact he lost his life that night is incredibly cruel for him and his family. 

The repercussions for us has been profound because although what he built was strong and beautiful and it's magnificence lingered for 2 1/2 years after his passing those that have come after have been less than a shadow of the man.

He truly as a man of vision, purpose and kindness and he is missed every single day.  

• Like 3

You’ve hit the nail on the head there. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, SemperEadem said:

I think within this we lost a fair amount of passion in some fans with the league and cup win. You saw so many saying the likes of ‘I can die a happy man now’ or ‘yeah thats me done’.

Agreed.

If you haven't got the passion any longer you should take up fishing or drafts or something

5 hours ago, Lako42 said:

Genuine question here. 

Why do our fans love incompetent overlords and flat out refuse to demand accountability for the way the club has been run over the last 3 or so years. 

Not onr of our supporter led groups have done anything to demand the bare minimum of accountability. 

Shit players on massive contracts, Ill discipline amongst the squad, a 5 star hotel for overpaid players, a DOF not qualified for the job, an owner who seemingly has zero control over his middle managers, a culture of poor supporter treatment. 

Seriously, when do the blue mongies of Leicester City wake up and demand the custodians of the club do better? 

I think most fans are living in the past, grateful for what we achieved. I get it, but people need to be accountable for the decline over the last couple of seasons. People at the club very quick to blame Rodgers but who signed off all the daft contracts and poor signings.

The fan groups need to put more pressure on and make these people accountable 100%. See more people are getting pissed off every week and it'll come to a head soon.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Culturally we view football as more of an event rather than an identity like some clubs do.

The King Power sports washing also plays a big part in it all I feel. Plenty hold on to false truths and soundbites.

This coupled with mentality and physically you find yourself in a space that largely feels poles apart from passion.

The ground is a shrine and an advert for a company thousands of miles away. Plus nearly everything else about the place is sterile, samey or like disneyland.
This must have an impact on is it really a space where you can get angry in.

Edited by SemperEadem
  • Like 1