Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
South Shire Fox

Set pieces

Albrighton perhaps best option but not in the squad. Don't have the greatest headers of the ball either. Leicester don't seem to have any training routines for corners like the one Norwich caught us with. It all seems very predictable possession but little end product.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Edingleyfox said:

Albrighton perhaps best option but not in the squad. Don't have the greatest headers of the ball either. Leicester don't seem to have any training routines for corners like the one Norwich caught us with. It all seems very predictable possession but little end product.

Albrighton for me, or Ricardo can put in a decent cross.

Vardy defensively on corners is great on that near post, he reads flight of ball better than most.

Why isn't that a set piece, a basic vardy near post flick on? 

Blackburn away, Faes, the last time we scored from a set piece header? I was thinking the same. I want to see my crosses to challenge the opposition but who are we aiming for? A midget Daka half the time!

Do feel a little bit for Vestergaard and Faes with the corners as the delivery doesn’t really give them a chance. It’s always the same pattern, don’t beat the first man with the first, then over compensate with the next and loft it aimlessly past the back post and then finally try a short corner which ends up with Justin on the corner of the box smashing it out of play for a goal kick. Rinse and repeat 

23 minutes ago, maynefox said:

Blackburn away, Faes, the last time we scored from a set piece header? I was thinking the same. I want to see my crosses to challenge the opposition but who are we aiming for? A midget Daka half the time!

Wasn’t it faes at Leeds ?  Or was that second ball ?

either way, most clubs have set piece coaches and if ours is crap then he needs replacing.  I’m thinking we don’t actually have one (more arrogance ? ) 

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

either way, most clubs have set piece coaches and if ours is crap then he needs replacing.  I’m thinking we don’t actually have one (more arrogance ? ) 

Yes you're right.

What happened to that Danish bloke? Supposed he got binned after relegation. What does it matter anyway? Half of the set piece takers can't ever get it past the first man.

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wasn't that Lars Knusden (spelling) to do with that sort of thing?

• Like 1