Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

One game wonder

This season in the match day programme there has been a regular feature on this very topic, focusing on one player per edition, covering where the player came from, their sole City appearance then what happened in the rest of their career.

19 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Tommy Williamson had the shortest carrer one sub v spurs in the last game at FS in 2002 came on in the 89 minuite doubt he even touched the ball

bit like a lot of the crowd that day then!!! Plenty on the pitch, none touched the ball.

16 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

I remember sitting in the double decker for a league cup game getting all excited at the name Sasha Lenhart....pretty sure I never saw him play again lol

He was a German wasn't he and he had one of the best songs ever. 

Who bombed Coventry? 

Sahsa's Dad, Sasha's Dad... 

• Haha 2

34 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Remember a chap by the name of bob mackay(?) back around 1969. Regular for the reserves, made his first team debut in 3 rd round of cup ,vs Burnley away I think. Got injured and that was end of his career. Lived next door to my grandparents on Coleman road

Played 3 matches

16 hours ago, Tuna said:

Some guy called Maisey played in about 94/95? Stattos may know.

Neil Maisey never made a first team appearance he struggled to get a game at Aylestone Park after leaving Leicester he did make the team photo for that season however

• Like 1

19 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Kevin Ellison

One sub appearance at Old Trafford I think - 2001? (I was there!)

I was there too. When the PA announced the sub, the United fans all went WHOOOOOOOOO? And our lot also went WHOOOOOOOO?

Scott Burnside never made a first team appearance  but he was named  in the programme to play against Sunderland in the final match of 1983/84.Wonder if that's the only time someone's been named to play in the programme who's never played a game

• Like 1

Not exactly answering the exam question, but Futacs had a single wonderful performance at the KP.  Shame he was playing for Portsmouth at the time.

• Haha 2

Guest leatherhead32
4 hours ago, stripeyfox said:

Still playing now at age 45!

image.png.e28c9f6842902ccd6f510089f91495e4.png

fair play to the lad and thanks for info pal

20 hours ago, SecretPro said:

Me, 03rd Jan, 1987, Sheffield Wednesday Home.

Remember it well. 6-1.

Steve Moran got 3 in front of a watching Bobby Robson and he celebrated looking right at Bobby but was miles away from another call.up by the tome he came to us.

Robert Alleyne who was a regular ficture for our then reserves also got a game.

A certain Gary Megson got theirs. 

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, Ryy said:

Harry Panayiotou Is the only correct answer 

I can imagine in his career when he looks back he will say this was greatest moment. Turned up for Nuneaton Borough in 2018 played 8 games didnt score one 

Edited by Leicesterpool

21 hours ago, MPH said:

Hey ... don't knock the Zsolt 

:ph34r:

And i can say i was  absolutely over the moon excited about Kaebi signing. i was totally sold on that world cup tackle alone ... and the way we sneaked him into the country so that no one else would know and try and nab him... :wub:

His agent played an absolute blinder for sure...

Kaebi...   he ate a peking duck, didn't he?

42 minutes ago, Leicesterpool said:

I can imagine in his career when he looks back he will say this was greatest moment. Turned up for Nuneaton Borough in 2018 played 8 games didnt score one 

Recently scored Vs San Marino for 

Saint Kitts and Nevis id say that tops it 

• Haha 1

Guest leatherhead32
5 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

He played 7 games

yeah had a look after i posted it, i had it in my head he played just one and was crap, the worst season in my time going down.