Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

One game wonder

Guest leatherhead32
49 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

Kevin Ellison

One sub appearance at Old Trafford I think - 2001? (I was there!)

me too,  yeah i cant remember him playing again , always thought he started but your probably right

Guest leatherhead32
1 hour ago, Leicesterpool said:

Can anyone name a foxes player that in there career only made one single foxes appearance, either it was just on loan etc. Only in league and cups count. Friendlies are not included.

To start of with Michael Ball... no not the singer... I believe he only played one fixture for foxes which was in the league cup I think against Bury. Never featured again and was later sacked by the club for racist comment or something.

wrexham home 1978 kevin something , reed or farmer 

51 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Tommy Williamson had the shortest carrer one sub v spurs in the last game at FS in 2002 came on in the 89 minuite doubt he even touched the ball

I remember Williamson but apparently nearly the exact same thing happened in 1965 with a player named Malcolm Clarke (who also didn’t touch the ball)! I wonder if anyone that was following the team in those days can settle the question of which player had the shortest career 

1 hour ago, SecretPro said:

Me, 03rd Jan, 1987, Sheffield Wednesday Home.

59 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

We won 6_1 that day 2 players made debuts Phil Horner who played around 12 games and Robert Alleyne don't know if that's you but while that was your only start you also made another 2 sub apperances 

4 minutes ago, Kinowe Soorie said:

6-1? I went to that match with my dad.

• Like 3

i’m not sure if it counts as he made other appearances… but danny cadamatary came on, scored a worldly against fulham in the cup and then slowly disappeared. Loved that goal! 

3 hours ago, Jordan said:

I remember Williamson but apparently nearly the exact same thing happened in 1965 with a player named Malcolm Clarke (who also didn’t touch the ball)! I wonder if anyone that was following the team in those days can settle the question of which player had the shortest career 

According to Of Fossils and Foxes Malcolm Clarke is "Dubiously distinguished by having had the shortest-ever first-team career with City." The piece about Clarke goes on to say that he came on as a sub in the 89th minute against Leeds United, and was reliably reported not to have touched the ball during the remainder of play. The date was 18 September 1965.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

4 hours ago, Graceroad said:

We won 6_1 that day 2 players made debuts Phil Horner who played around 12 games and Robert Alleyne don't know if that's you but while that was your only start you also made another 2 sub apperances 

Robert Alleyne made his debut a couple of days before the 6-1 when he came on as a sub against West Ham at Upton Park on New Year's Day. I know that because I smashed by ankle the previous October, and the West Ham game was my first match after that: on crutches it was a hell of a struggle, and we were sh!te - we lost 4-1. Poor Alleyne looked like he was scared, and looked away every time City got the ball!

As I hobbled away from Upton Park, I swore I'd never go and see City again. But then we won the 6-1 against Wednesday and I decided to give them a chance in the FA Cup third round against QPR at Loftus Road. On their plastic pitch, we lost 5-2.

No fool like an old fool, as my son said as we came away from Plymouth on 12 April.

• Like 1

Remember a chap by the name of bob mackay(?) back around 1969. Regular for the reserves, made his first team debut in 3 rd round of cup ,vs Burnley away I think. Got injured and that was end of his career. Lived next door to my grandparents on Coleman road