Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Leicesterpool

One game wonder

On 01/05/2024 at 14:29, NuneatonFox1 said:

Ricky Sappleton (what a guy), 1 appearance I think? 

I remember seeing him play at Quorn in a pre-season friendly. Thought he was going to be the next Heskey (deserves a Go On Admit You Were Wrong thread of its own)

• Like 1

GK - Carl Pentney / Lara Hirschfield
RB - James Pearson

CB - Molla Wague / Michael Cain

CB - Nicolas Priet 

LB - Rufus Brevett

RW - Luigi Glombard

CM - Ryan Watson / Aman Verma

CM - Tommy Williamson

LW - Tomi Petrescu

ST - Craig King / Ricky Sappleton

ST - Harry Panyatiaou / Kevin Ellison

3 hours ago, iancognito said:

I remember seeing him play at Quorn in a pre-season friendly. Thought he was going to be the next Heskey (deserves a Go On Admit You Were Wrong thread of its own)

I saw Sergio Hellings play against Oadby in a friendly!

• Haha 1

24 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

Couldn’t remember my Kings, Queens and Prime Ministers in my History Exams but could happily write a page on a left back who came on as a sub for seven minutes 35 years ago! :D

Steve Prindiville?

• Like 2

Sascha Lenhart

Came on in a cup game after Jamie Lawrence knocked himself out scoring a diving header (collided with the post?) 

Never seen again

Fernando Pasquinelli and Leon Crncic were the nearly men, too much flair if anything 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, iancognito said:

Mate, you were not alone that day :beer:

10 hours ago, Sly said:

GK - Carl Pentney / Lara Hirschfield
RB - James Pearson

CB - Molla Wague / Michael Cain

CB - Nicolas Priet 

LB - Rufus Brevett

RW - Luigi Glombard

CM - Ryan Watson / Aman Verma

CM - Tommy Williamson

LW - Tomi Petrescu

ST - Craig King / Ricky Sappleton

ST - Harry Panyatiaou / Kevin Ellison

We'll shit 'em

Spencer.jpg

• Haha 1

Gary Fitzpatrick, youth team winger and midfielder early 90’s, came on as sub vs Sheff Utd, think it was Dave Bassets Sheff Utd who Wimbledon style tried to put him into the front row of stand. Went on to play for Hednesford, Nuneaton and others, I was around that YTS squad at college then at Belvoir Drive and he was a good lad, pleasant and grounded, bit of skill and flair about him. 

Home to Wrexham, 1978, reserve team youngster Kevin Reed was waiting outside the stadium for his brother, the pair of them were due to watch the fixture.

News filtered through that Larry May's car had broken down on the M69 & sub Peter Welsh was drafted into the team as his replacement.

Trouble was, they needed a new sub, pronto.

Step forward Kevin Reed who managed to get on for the injured Trevor Christie & with minutes to go his only ever Leicester City shot hit the bar!

Kevin never played for Leicester City again & became a driving instructor.

Home to Villa, 1970, Reserve team prolific striker & local lad Graham Brown (no relation to Ally) came on as sub for John Sjoberg in his only appearance for Leicester before a long non league career.

Home to Notts County, FA Cup 1983, Paul Brown, a brummie, made his only Leicester appearance replacing the injured ( second broken leg) Tommy Williams  in a 3-2 defeat.

Paul had a nightmare of a game & confidence shot, drifted into non league football.