Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Nationwider

Crewe match thread

did anybody actually get a decent informed view of the disallowed goal, or is it just the fact that Leicester scored makes it impossible to be offside

Some people would also argue the goal they had disallowed was an incorrect descion. :rolleyes:

No I've not seen it yet, but from what Levein said after the match (having watched numerous replays of it himself), Hammond was level with their defenders.

That's where I think most people base their argument from.

No I've not seen it yet, but from what Levein said after the match (having watched numerous replays of it himself), Hammond was level with their defenders.

That's where I think most people base their argument from.

:rolleyes: and he could see from that angle that he was level could he. Of course his opinion is not at all baised as well.

like I said I thought their goal in the first few minutes was well onside.

Dont think we should be using linesmen's decsions to excuse domintating Crewe and not collecting three points.

For all our possesion they created the more clear cut chances.

:rolleyes:and he could see from that angle that he was level could he. Of course his opinion is not at all baised as well.

like I said I thought their goal in the first few minutes was well onside.

Dont think we should be using linesmen's decsions to excuse domintating Crewe and not collecting three points.

For all our possesion they created the more clear cut chances.

:rolleyes: if you'd read my post properly you'd see I said Levein saw Hammond's goal being onside from watching the replays (on the TV, which is implied). :eek:

Why would Levein lie about that decision if he saw it with the benefit of a replay?

:rolleyes: if you'd read my post properly you'd see I said Levein saw Hammond's goal being onside from watching the replays (on the TV, which is implied). :eek:

Why would Levein lie about that decision if he saw it with the benefit of a replay?

Sorry

But he's still biased and if he was marginal offside Levien would cry level.

Again don't see any comment regarding their disallowed goal.

Wasn't trying to knock him just needed somethign to make me smile after us chucking away 2 more needed points :D

I'm lookign forward to sheehan's future with us :D, do you think he would make a better midfielders thracian as ive heard he has a good touch and good passing?

Don't think it'll matter much after the unfair way he's been crucified.

I've often been impressed with the objectivity of City supporters (credit/criticism where it's due but support the team on matchdays anyway) but what with all the silence, then the booing plus all the out-of-proportion attacks on Sheehan, I've been pretty ashamed today.

Especially after the actual performance.

I'll speak for everyone who has been negative about Sheehan today.

We don't want him hanged for his performace today. Were simply stating the obvious, that he has a lot to learn and he didn't play well today, which is to be expected every now and again from a young player. The first booking was a ridicoulous needless handball.

What a find more disturbing then Sheehans performance is your refusal to admit he had a bad game, in fact rating him as the best defender on the pitch, on the grounds he always looked comfortable on the ball, so what if he did? he made mistakes gave the ball away and capped it with a sending off. Besides IMO he didnt even look that comfortable.

I hope next time I see him ( which hill hopefully be at least a month ) he improves, and shows some of the talent he has.

I'll speak for myself in saying that while everyone's pilloried Sheehan for his mistake (the bookings could have happened to anyone though I've never complained they were wrong) but no-one has mentioned any of the other bad defending involving Stearman/Gerrbrand or the lack of anyone marking Crewe's scorer two yards from goal at the far post.

I didn't mark Sheehan high but marked him moderately for his contribution which - in my opinion - was considerable in the first half (I know the odd pass went astray - the odd pass went astray for everyone and always does from the statistics I read) but he was involved a great deal and helped us have a massive advantage possession wise.

I didn't actually think anyone in defence played well today which is why Crewe, with little possession actually looked dangerous almost every time they move within 35 yards of our goal and especially down the side of middle.

If you think differently I can cope with that. But the collective attack on these isolated incidents of Sheehan's perfomance smacks more of a vendetta against him than constructive criticism.

Collectively I thought we played Crewe to pieces for much of the game, and Sheehan played his part in that, but if we have a fundamental disagreement about that as well there's nothing more I can add.

The fact that everybody agrees apart from Thracian that Sheehan had a poor match tells its own story.

Why would we all have a vendetta against him?

Your accusations against us defy logic. We have nothing prejudiced against Sheehan.

The fact is - we played better with 10 men (without Sheehan) than we did 11 men. I'm not saying there's a causal link between Sheehan and the team's performances but that's the way it went today.

Yep a 'personal vendetta' from a forum where approximately 90% would have been happy to see Sheehan take his place in the starting eleven today.

If he's had a shaky game he's had a shaky game, the defensive reaction is unneccesary. Indeed I'm sure if you looked hard enough positives could be taken from Sylla's contribution in the past few weeks.

All the 'mixed passes' and 'shots on target' mean what in the grand scheme of things?

This is an interesting picture of (probably) Sheehan on the pitch today...

a) Apart from the fact that he was literally floating at this stage...

b) does his leg have semi-"seethrough" properties??!?! :P

c) the guy on the left seem really scared and is looking the other way...

0,,10274~2814858,00.jpg

I'll speak for everyone who has been negative about Sheehan today.

We don't want him hanged for his performace today. Were simply stating the obvious, that he has a lot to learn and he didn't play well today, which is to be expected every now and again from a young player. The first booking was a ridicoulous needless handball.

What a find more disturbing then Sheehans performance is your refusal to admit he had a bad game, in fact rating him as the best defender on the pitch, on the grounds he always looked comfortable on the ball, so what if he did? he made mistakes gave the ball away and capped it with a sending off. Besides IMO he didnt even look that comfortable.

I hope next time I see him ( which hill hopefully be at least a month ) he improves, and shows some of the talent he has.

yes but people have gone OTT in their condemnation, had it been stearman, would the reaction have been the same? I dont't remember seeing alot of people making such attacks of paddy mac a few weeks ago in fact people praised him for his walsh like qualities, sheehan is only 18 and was playing only his 4th senior game for the club. FFS if he had a run of games he would of been settled, more confident and probably wouldnt of committed the hand ball (the tackle wasn't that bad)

Craig Levein has f**ked it up again!

:protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest::protest:

yes but people have gone OTT in their condemnation, had it been stearman, would the reaction have been the same? I dont't remember seeing alot of people making such attacks of paddy mac a few weeks ago in fact people praised him for his walsh like qualities, sheehan is only 18 and was playing only his 4th senior game for the club. FFS if he had a run of games he would of been settled, more confident and probably wouldnt of committed the hand ball (the tackle wasn't that bad)

Dead right and there was barely a sound about all Nils' clangers - and they cost us both goals and near misses.

That might have been sympathy cos the guy was playing out of position but it does boil down to being fair.

Fans gave Nils weeks to settle in (despite us leaking goals from the off and even when he played CH) but it was ages before any serious criticism was voiced.

Even Gilbert was only mildly slated and look at Sylla - no goals, precious few assists yet he's not pilloried for all his experience and all his top-club pedigree.

Like I've said. The lads been hung out to dry.

Dead right and there was barely a sound about all Nils' clangers - and they cost us both goals and near misses.

That might have been sympathy cos the guy was playing out of position but it does boil down to being fair.

Fans gave Nils weeks to settle in (despite us leaking goals from the off and even when he played CH) but it was ages before any serious criticism was voiced.

Even Gilbert was only mildly slated and look at Sylla - no goals, precious few assists yet he's not pilloried for all his experience and all his top-club pedigree.

Like I've said. The lads been hung out to dry.

lollol Defooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

And the fact he was absolutely tripe doesn't have anything to do with it.

Join The Sheehan Hate Club Here!!

The fact that everybody agrees apart from Thracian that Sheehan had a poor match tells its own story.

Why would we all have a vendetta against him?

Your accusations against us defy logic. We have nothing prejudiced against Sheehan.

The fact is - we played better with 10 men (without Sheehan) than we did 11 men. I'm not saying there's a causal link between Sheehan and the team's performances but that's the way it went today.

Oh and that would be Sheehan's fault. Levein spoke pre-match about the result being the most important thing and he seemed to have instructed the team not to be too kamikaze. Sheehan was playing at the same pace as everyone else and joining the attack whenever opportunity arose.

As for the vendetta, I don't know why, you tell me. As I've said I never recall you, or anyone else, being half so condemning of Nils when he was giving goals away and almost giving some others (either at centre-back or full back).

Why don't you watch the video again if you can. Ignore his mistake and focus on his contribution and, if you have the resources, see if you can find a full-back who has had so many shots this season or been in the attacking half of the field so often.

You could also uncover the statistics regarding his ratio of successful passes too.

As one who is so rightly keen to deal in facts, I think you might find his contribution stood up admirably (apart from the aforementioned mistake) and was at least as busy and as good as anyone else's.

I will happily stand correcting if I'm wrong.

:yawn:

He wasn't tripe. He was quitely effective for the majority of the game. Made a couple of mistakes but he's not going to play mistake free after he's not played for the first team through starts or sub appearances for 2 months. If we'd taken our chances to score it wouldn't have mattered. Clearly there is loads of potential there. Sheehan will learn from yesterday.

The fact played better when he got sent off was more due to a more attacking player replacing Kisnorbo in midfield.

And that's pretty much all there is to it, simple.

The link won't open for me. Anyways i thought Sheehan was extremley average even borderline poor, I was sat with baited breath when he lined up that freekick after hearing how amazing from deadball situations but only to be disappointed.

I won't give upon him yet and hopefully he does improve and become a decent leftback for us.

fock all.

what is he meant to do when Sheehan makes one of the most ridiculous challenges i have seen when someone has already been booked. He was nowhere near the ball and it was around the halfway line with plenty of support behind him. When players let him down like that and we are losing there isnt much he can really change...

I think you'l find I didn't.

Archived