Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
FNQ

Levein Out?

Levein Out?  

99 members have voted

1. 1. Levein Out?

• Yes
    • No

I wouldn't be upset to see him go, put it that way.

But I just can't see him being sacked or resigning.

I agree, wouldn't be upset but don't really see it happening;

Sack him = The Club can't afford too, in the long term we may end up saving abit of money sacking him, IF we do get relegated it would lose us more money than sacking him, but can't see that option anyway.

Levein to resign = Why would he? He's got 3 years here, The club aren't really in a posistion to resign so he might as well stay, he might be hated but if I was him i'd be sitting happy taking the wages in...

I can't see him being sacked or resigning either but we can hope that East Fife or Forfar make him an offer he can't refuse. It looks like his appointment- despite MON's recommendation- was a mistake- no experience of managing in England. Also the quality of his signings leave a lot to be desired. We just have to hope that there are three teams in this league worse that us but I'm starting to panic. Why am I not excited about his promise to sign more players in the transfer window?

I can't see him being sacked or resigning either but we can hope that East Fife or Forfar make him an offer he can't refuse. It looks like his appointment- despite MON's recommendation- was a mistake- no experience of managing in England...

Do we know MON recommended him to us?

I recall the Mercury may have implied as much at the time but I've long since ceased to trust that rag as a reliable source.

CL is this league's equivalent of Alain Perrin. He combines the ineptitude of David Pleat with the arrogance of a Peter Taylor.

On his track record of signings to date, can we REALLY trust him to turn things round next month?

No.

Today was the first time i've really lost my rag with Levein. I know he's made some duff decisions and his tactics are mind-boggling at times, but his selection really annoyed me today. For the follwing reasons:

1. He played Nissa Johansson at left back. Rule number one: dont play him. If you cant follow that... rule number two: DO NOT PLAY HIM AT LEFT BACK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! He got burned badly for their goal and im glad Levein seed sense and took him off at half time.

2. He played Danny Tiatto. Never play this twat again. Can someone please tell this ugly fcuk to piss off from our club. He's a waste of space. Everytime he plays we lose our shape because he runs around like a bellend on fire.

3. He played Ryan Smith on the right in the first half. Play him on the left for god sake. When he plays on the right he nearly always cuts inside, which doesnt allow Maybury to overlap, which is what he likes to do. Maybury has to stay back, because if Smith is robbed, he doesnt track back and theres a huge gap for the opposition to run into.

4. Not starting Gareth Williams and Stephen Hughes. These are our best players and create almost everything. Please play at least one of them, i cant bare to see the jokers that played today on instead of those two. :cry: Ok, i accept that we're awful defensively when Williams plays and Kisnorbo isnt sitting in front of the defence, but Levein's wasting the limited talent he has available.

5. Replacing Elvis Hammond with Mark de Vries. I'm not a de Vries hater or owt, and i think its dreadful for him to be booed onto the pitch, but that substitution was beyond ridicolous.

Having said all this, i still believe that he must persist with Levein, however terrible it seems at the moment. If he leaves we'll hop onto the manager merry-go-round and it'll take more time to rebuild, and we wud have a higher chance of relegation in my opinion

Now you best all read thuis post it took fooking ages ;)

It's always the same with football. Even though I'd like to see a couple of changes in terms of management and player choices together, the most likely case will be that the manager's head's for sale first.

I wouldn't be surprised if Levein had to go.

But he should take some of those crap players with him on the way out.

*Sorry, I got carried away*

I wonder how long it is before this thread gets locked like the other.

I voted out!! but if he wins reading and norwich I will give him longer, however that would be a miracle reading are on a high currently and I cant rmemeber when we last won 2 games in a row. I may sound cruel wanting 6 points from those 2 games but my target was 6 from millwall,reading and norwich, craig has borked it vs millwall so needs to make it up against reading.

No.

Today was the first time i've really lost my rag with Levein. I know he's made some duff decisions and his tactics are mind-boggling at times, but his selection really annoyed me today. For the follwing reasons:

1. He played Nissa Johansson at left back. Rule number one: dont play him. If you cant follow that... rule number two: DO NOT PLAY HIM AT LEFT BACK UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES! He got burned badly for their goal and im glad Levein seed sense and took him off at half time.

2. He played Danny Tiatto. Never play this twat again. Can someone please tell this ugly fcuk to piss off from our club. He's a waste of space. Everytime he plays we lose our shape because he runs around like a bellend on fire.

3. He played Ryan Smith on the right in the first half. Play him on the left for god sake. When he plays on the right he nearly always cuts inside, which doesnt allow Maybury to overlap, which is what he likes to do. Maybury has to stay back, because if Smith is robbed, he doesnt track back and theres a huge gap for the opposition to run into.

4. Not starting Gareth Williams and Stephen Hughes. These are our best players and create almost everything. Please play at least one of them, i cant bare to see the jokers that played today on instead of those two. :cry: Ok, i accept that we're awful defensively when Williams plays and Kisnorbo isnt sitting in front of the defence, but Levein's wasting the limited talent he has available.

5. Replacing Elvis Hammond with Mark de Vries. I'm not a de Vries hater or owt, and i think its dreadful for him to be booed onto the pitch, but that substitution was beyond ridicolous.

Having said all this, i still believe that he must persist with Levein, however terrible it seems at the moment. If he leaves we'll hop onto the manager merry-go-round and it'll take more time to rebuild, and we wud have a higher chance of relegation in my opinion

I read it, made a lot of sense too.

I know it was shockingly shit today but I still dont see the point of getting a new man in now, it could do more harm than good I dont know how many times ive said this now!

I think he should be allowed to stay, give him till next season at least, let the squad have a year together, if its still bad in october then its probably best for him to leave.

I think he needs to mak a couple of changes of personnel in the squad ad we will be better, namely a good goalkeeper a proper left back and a tall goal scoring striker to parter hume , And matt piper on loan :D

No.

I did. ;):thumbup: You should a few more like this.

I did. ;):thumbup: You should a few more like this.

I think Elvis was both exhausted and had taken a knock. If that were the case, Levein would have had an eye on the other matches coming up and done the only thing he could. The pressures of the holiday programme made Tiatto's actions all the more studpid (as Levein said) and irresponsible. Were I the manager I'd have stripped him of the captaincy before this morning and would have given it to Paddy McCarthy or Joey.

Were I the manager I'd have stripped him of the captaincy before this morning and would have given it to Paddy McCarthy or Joey.

Agreed.

Tiatto is not fit to wear the shirt, let alone the armband.

Even Kisnorbo would be a better captain than him!

I think Elvis was both exhausted and had taken a knock. If that were the case, Levein would have had an eye on the other matches coming up and done the only thing he could. The pressures of the holiday programme made Tiatto's actions all the more studpid (as Levein said) and irresponsible. Were I the manager I'd have stripped him of the captaincy before this morning and would have given it to Paddy McCarthy or Joey.

No good giving it to Joey, he's off in the new year

That's a **** close poll!

Lets make it closer, I just voted yes.

And as for the arguments of “Well a new manager will just cause more upheavalâ€Â, well that may not be the case. I personally think, that bar a few players, we have enough quality in the side to do well or certainly better than at present and all we need is a manager with better ideas tactically, and a correctly picked and motivated side. Ok a new manager will want to make changes but I don’t think to the degree of another mass clearout and “Let’s start another complete rebuildâ€Â

I voted yes.

We cant go on kidding ourselves that It's gonna get better , and saying it wont be long untill we start to get good.

He continues to pick players that are'nt good enough to wear the shirt. Douglas , Kisnorbo for instance.

He also spends a decent amount of money on a young LB that plays not even a handfull of games and then gets focked off.

When Gilbert signed , Levein said that he wanted to mould him into the sort of player he wants , surely getting rid of him a few months after signing him is giving up a little too early.

The last 2 games have swung my decision to wanting Levein out , he has'nt got a clue Tactically wise , and it seems that he cant motivate the players , when we're playing lower league teams.

They're a few managers out there that I'd like to see here.

Martin Allen would be my choice , but with the lack of money and a manager that wont budge it seems like we're stuck with Levein for the long run.

We also had a fully fit side bar one or two , for yesterdays game. And drawing with bottom of the league at home is not acceptable.

He has to go sooner rather than later.

Archived