Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours, Gossip and Ideas for New Players

thats where leicester are going wrong. we dont try and get decent players that are at a club.

we only try and get players that are out of contract or are scottish rejects. if stoke can get bangoura then why cant we

because stoke found a bargain buy. do you really think he would leave stoke to come to us?

why dont we buy ashton and johnson as well!

wake up man

Swindon Town have snubbed a Swansea City bid to sign striker Rory Fallon,

“Rory Fallon is one of a few players we have talked about. I think he’s valued at around £300,000 or maybe £250,000," said Swans chairman Huw Jenkins.

Could we afford him at that price ??

I've just heard from a mate who's a journalist on the Aberdeen local evening paper, that City have agreed a deal to take Scott Severin on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent signing in the summer. I think Severin was with CL at Hearts and is a right sided midfield player (just right with Cilla off to Geldoff-land)? Sounds like a good deal - is he a Jock international ?

I've just heard from a mate who's a journalist on the Aberdeen local evening paper, that City have agreed a deal to take Scott Severin on loan until the end of the season, with a view to a permanent signing in the summer. I think Severin was with CL at Hearts and is a right sided midfield player (just right with Cilla off to Geldoff-land)? Sounds like a good deal - is he a Jock international ?

:w00t: :w00t: :w00t: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :doh::cry::blush::blush:

ABERDEEN manager Jimmy Calderwood has been handed a massive boost as Scott Severin has now decided to accept the contract offer he rejected as recently last week.

The midfielder has signed a three-year extension to his current deal that will keep him at Pittodrie until at least the summer of 2009, making it a good few days of business for the club.

Source

Swindon Town have snubbed a Swansea City bid to sign striker Rory Fallon,

“Rory Fallon is one of a few players we have talked about. I think he’s valued at around £300,000 or maybe £250,000," said Swans chairman Huw Jenkins.

Could we afford him at that price ??

Manwell Bangs his head against a brick wall :frusty:

Right.. First of all Bangoura cost a million pounds or somthing in region of so I hear (hardly a bargin) that could quite possibly be why we didn't sign him, he also only signed three months ago so their hardly going to sell him :rolleyes:

Fryatt is rated at 1 million by Walsall so forget that.

We didnt want Marlon King last in the summer so why would we buy him? he was awful at forest and was expected to be in a relegation fight with Watford this season. However they took the gamble bought him Boothroyd got the best out of him and they had the option to buy.

Leicfox have I not already posted that, about 6 times?

No we couldn't get him for that price obviously as they rejected Swanseas £300,000 bid. Swindon are trying to get him to sign a new contract, and will be rejecting bids up until about the 20th I think when they will begin to sweat ( depending on league reasults ). If he still hasn't signed and they look doomed to league two they would probabley sell for that amount.

Obviously Fallon has hes price, and I think they would probabley buckle at £500,000 ( at this moment in time). Which is a bit pricy, when I first suggested him I thought they would sell for for around £250,000 straight away.

How about Rojas from Grenoble, Im fed up with looking in England.

From Skysports.com

Premiership trio Fulham, Everton and Aston Villa are all reported to be chasing Austrian striker Sanel Kuljic.

Kuljic has come to the attention of a host of clubs after breaking into the Austrian national team in the last year.

The SV Ried forward impressed in clashes against Scotland and England last year and his performances have alerted Fulham, Everton and Villa.

All three clubs are keen to bolster their attacking options as they have struggled for goals this term.

The trio are also currently sitting at the wrong end of the table and are looking to bring in some new faces for the second half of the campaign.

SV Ried are unlikely to be able to resist any sizeable offer for Kuljic with the player likely to jump at the chance to join a bigger league than the Austrian domestic league.

Well if a Premiership club are in for him aswell i guess we dont have much of a chance. But why is CL going for these players (thats if its true!). They are not proven in this league and at this stage in the position we are in we need strikers that have a proven goalscoring record and this level or higher!

But why is CL going for these players (thats if its true!). They are not proven in this league and at this stage in the position we are in we need strikers that have a proven goalscoring record and this level or higher!

He came on for Austria v England (64mins) in october. I remember thinking how good they were. Ok hes not played here, but neither had rasiak etc for derby. I would welcome the 28 year old.

He came on for Austria v England (64mins) in october. I remember thinking how good they were. Ok hes not played here, but neither had rasiak etc for derby. I would welcome the 28 year old.

Still, its a gamble. Of course, every signing is but you are more likely to get results from someone like Robbie Fowler or Earnshaw than this guy because they have played at this level.

Still, its a gamble. Of course, every signing is but you are more likely to get results from someone like Robbie Fowler or Earnshaw than this guy because they have played at this level.

He aint ;)

Although I bet he's gonna bang 'em in for us :o

Yeah but this guy would presumably be hungry to prove himself at this level.

TBH I don't think we'll get this guy, Earnshaw or Fowler.

I also think that you might end up being dissappointed Hitesh.

I was using them as examples from the speculation threads! I think that they are possible targets but i wont be dissappointed if they dont come! To be honest, i will be surprised if anyone comes (unless they are playing in Scotland!) lol . We in a terrible postion and a club that isnt going far in the next 2 seasons at least and wiht the fans not backing the manager and confidence low, why would some one come to Leicester! Especially when they attract attention from bigger clubs!

Something that's gotten me a little bit worried is that Levein has been talking for months about bringing in new blood--particularly a new striker. As the transfer window was approaching, his comments were more equivocal (the more like "we hope," "have some names in mind," etc.). Is CL keeping his cards close to his chest, or does he simply not know for sure?

Yeah, it's still very early in the window, but I've yet to hear any rumor that sounds like it's got any substance to it at all. I know Levein has only found out how much money for new signings he'll have until this week (and does he have any money at all?), and I definitely don't want to encourage more crap rumors from tabloids, but nobody can link Leicester with any targets? No intrepid journalist, no pundit, no agent, no "inside source," no "my cousins best mates gifrliend works at the megastore and she says jemane jinas is commin on loan in jan she said she saw him leave the walkers staduim on wed and get into a black bmw?"

Something that's gotten me a little bit worried is that Levein has been talking for months about bringing in new blood--particularly a new striker. As the transfer window was approaching, his comments were more equivocal (the more like "we hope," "have some names in mind," etc.). Is CL keeping his cards close to his chest, or does he simply not know for sure?

Yeah, it's still very early in the window, but I've yet to hear any rumor that sounds like it's got any substance to it at all. I know Levein has only found out how much money for new signings he'll have until this week (and does he have any money at all?), and I definitely don't want to encourage more crap rumors from tabloids, but nobody can link Leicester with any targets? No intrepid journalist, no pundit, no agent, no "inside source," no "my cousins best mates gifrliend works at the megastore and she says jemane jinas is commin on loan in jan she said she saw him leave the walkers staduim on wed and get into a black bmw?"

Have you been reading this forum with your eyes closed? ;) There's been plenty of "my mates cousins dogs son is Robbie Fowler and he says hes signing for us" type rumours...

I do agree though that with Levein having said since November that we need a new striker, you would've thought he'd know by the time the window opened who it was coming in. It's still early in the window, but I had expected us to get someone in by now, or at least be close to it. If we don't have anyone by the Wednesday game I'd be a little concerned..

Archived