Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours, Gossip and Ideas for New Players

I saw Rory Fallon play last weekend and I was quite impressed. He led the line well (despite getting generally poor service) and scored a great header. He's quite mobile for a big fella and looked taller than the 6'2" he's quoted as - a bit Crouch-like, in fact. 13 goals this season in a struggling team suggests he's an improving player too, as his previous years' records are none too great. At 23, he's in the right age bracket.

He's certainly quicker than MDV, although its impossible to judge on one game (and a poor quality one at that) whether he could make the leap up. I wouldn't be surprised if someone snapped him up - possibly one of the wealthier League One sides?

Is he a kiwi? or am i thinking of somebody else

I don't think so Levein obviosuly hasn't signed him for a reason, if we had him on trial and all went well with the player and CL rated him we probabley would of signed him. Obviously somthings has gone wrong somewhere and he's decided to go on trial at Hearts before signing for Leeds.

We did not sign him because Levein didnt like the asking price from his club

I don't think so Levein obviosuly hasn't signed him for a reason, if we had him on trial and all went well with the player and CL rated him we probabley would of signed him. Obviously somthings has gone wrong somewhere and he's decided to go on trial at Hearts before signing for Leeds.

Possibly, but we had agreed to sign him last summer but his Swiss club wanted silly money in the end for him and Levein was very complimentary about him after his trial so I doubt Levein hasn't signed him because he doesn't rate him. It's probably because we've a limited budget and he wants to rinse the lot on a striker.

We did not sign him because Levein didnt like the asking price from his club

As he's a midfielder I suspect CL won't sign him or anyone else until he's sorted his striker out and knows what money he has left, don't expect any other signings before a striker is nailed down.

Yeh he must be on a packet cause his contract at the Riverside doesn't run out till 2008, he's obviously been tapped up, if I remember right his agent is well known for upsetting those at the top!

There's also rumours around the Boro that a lot of senior players are unhappy with the way McLaren is running things at the moment. Those a bit p1ssed include Ehiogu, Southgate and JFH.

Schwartzer's probably reached the point in his career where he's got to make a move to a bigger club to make some more readies, even if it means being on the bench.

Yeh he must be on a packet cause his contract at the Riverside doesn't run out till 2008, he's obviously been tapped up, if I remember right his agent is well known for upsetting those at the top!

Just found this on a Pompey website with regard to Schwarzers agent:

Barry Silkman : Football agent who struts round like a Peacock generally annoying everyone and lining his own pockets

He'll be playing for Pompey by the end of the next week his agent is obviously pals with Redknapp

Someone who never scores?

to be fair, we are very unlikely to get a striker who is scoring at the moment! No club would want to sell a goalscorer unless its for good money, something we dont have much of!

I appreciate its off football-rumours.com but it could happen. Malcolm Christie is mentioned on there. He's been here before and not getting a look in at Boro.

Also in case anyone hasnt seen this outrageous rumours, here are some real gems on that quality site!!!

Dublin to replace levein.

Dublin to go to Cov.

Dabizas coming back.

Nick Chadwick and Carl Asaba to sign.

But by far the best yet, a deal is already done for Lee Trundle + Stuart Taylor back on loan, Bradley Wright-Phillips on loan, Quinten Fortune on a free and cheap signings of Matt Jansen and Zak Whitbread from Liverpool.

What does make of that???

Well for those that fancied Mike Newell in the event of CL's demise there's hope for you:

Sky Sports:

Luton will never get anywhere without a new stadium, according to Mike Newell.

The Hatters boss feels that unless the club secure a move away from Kenilworth Road, they will never match his ambition.

The current ground is located just outside the city centre and is surrounded by residential properties, making access difficult and development impossible.

"This club will never progress the way it could until we get a new ground," he told the Daily Mail.

"That is a fact. We will always be fighting. We will lose our best players because we won't be able to afford the wages they are demanding."

The former Luton striker says that wrangles over the new ground are driving a wedge between him and the club's board, continuing: "That is why we have clashed because from the day I arrived I was told it's on the horizon.

"But we're no nearer now than we were then. We had just been beaten 4-0 at Sheffield United and I was sitting in front of the Press when I had a Press release thrown at me saying the plans for a new ground at Junction 10 of the M1 were dead.

"I just exploded. I said: 'Don't be talking to me about new grounds in 2008 or 2009.' I was promised one for the start of 2007, and I've only got a contract for the next 18 months, so what relevance was that to me?"

Archived