Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours, Gossip and Ideas for New Players

Well if a Premiership club are in for him aswell i guess we dont have much of a chance. But why is CL going for these players (thats if its true!). They are not proven in this league and at this stage in the position we are in we need strikers that have a proven goalscoring record and this level or higher!

Sorry do we have 5 million to spend then!!!

Well I must say its nice to finally have some sort of rumour to talk about.

Would be a very good signing IMO, he'd be more then worth the risk @ 400,000. Seems to have the credentials of a natural goal scorer.

proven goal scorers at this level or above will either cost to much or be old, and we will have to get them in on loan. Most of the names mentioned on this site i.e Helguson, Rasiak, Earnshaw ect do actually play for the clubs occasional and are their as back up players, they aren't on the loan list.

if this deal comes off it could be a better signing then 90% of those mentioned by us.

Well I must say its nice to finally have some sort of rumour to talk about.

Would be a very good signing IMO, he'd be more then worth the risk @ 400,000. Seems to have the credentials of a natural goal scorer.

proven goal scorers at this level or above will either cost to much or be old, and we will have to get them in on loan. Most of the names mentioned on this site i.e Helguson, Rasiak, Earnshaw ect do actually play for the clubs occasional and are their as back up players, they aren't on the loan list.

if this deal comes off it could be a better signing then 90% of those mentioned by us.

We're talking about loaning him not buying him, I think he's gonna have a slightly bigger price than 400k anyway! :huh:

He sounds pretty decent! He has to better than what we have already.

What about Matt Janson? though did i read him linked with bolton?

If he is the striker i still think a left back is needed too!

Quick someone see how good he is on football manager 2006 :D

We're talking about loaning him not buying him, I think he's gonna have a slightly bigger price than 400k anyway! :huh:

Manwell was talking about the Austrian, as I've merged a couple of topics, because people still can't seem to put RUMOURS in this one they gone out of sync.

He sounds pretty decent! He has to better than what we have already.

What about Matt Janson? though did i read him linked with bolton?

If he is the striker i still think a left back is needed too!

Quick someone see how good he is on football manager 2006 :D

Groundsman told me last night he is one of our top targets ;)

We missed out big there, Leon Knight is a very good player and that is a silly low price for him!

Why have we missed out, do you really think a player of his style is what we want?

Joel Griffiths is set to become Leeds United's first transfer window signing after agreeing terms on an 18-month deal at Elland Road.

The 26-year-old Australian international midfielder, who recently had a trial with SPL outfit Hearts, has opted for a move to West Yorkshire.

Leeds now need to thrash out a fee with Griffiths' Swiss club Neuchatel Xamax, who previously valued the midfielder in the £450,000 bracket, to complete a deal.

Griffiths caught the attention of English sides after netting in Australia's 5-0 win over Jamaica back in October at Craven Cottage.

Leicester boss Craig Levein was the first to run the rule over the former the Parramatta Power, Sydney United and Newcastle United man

Why have we missed out, do you really think a player of his style is what we want?

Agreed he doesn't score enough. 125,000 is cheapish, but he would still be a waste of money IMO he's no better then Hammond really. He'll do well in league two, with a bit of luck that will end Swanseas interest in Fallon as well :D

Agreed he doesn't score enough. 125,000 is cheapish, but he would still be a waste of money IMO he's no better then Hammond really. He'll do well in league two, with a bit of luck that will end Swanseas interest in Fallon as well :D

Or even league 1 :blush:

Another one who i thought we might have signed hasn't...lol

Is this a slip from Levein or just more proof that leeds like to flex their muscles and buy anybody with 2 legs???

I don't think so Levein obviosuly hasn't signed him for a reason, if we had him on trial and all went well with the player and CL rated him we probabley would of signed him. Obviously somthings has gone wrong somewhere and he's decided to go on trial at Hearts before signing for Leeds.

Obviously Fallon has hes price, and I think they would probabley buckle at £500,000 ( at this moment in time). Which is a bit pricy, when I first suggested him I thought they would sell for for around £250,000 straight away.

I saw Rory Fallon play last weekend and I was quite impressed. He led the line well (despite getting generally poor service) and scored a great header. He's quite mobile for a big fella and looked taller than the 6'2" he's quoted as - a bit Crouch-like, in fact. 13 goals this season in a struggling team suggests he's an improving player too, as his previous years' records are none too great. At 23, he's in the right age bracket.

He's certainly quicker than MDV, although its impossible to judge on one game (and a poor quality one at that) whether he could make the leap up. I wouldn't be surprised if someone snapped him up - possibly one of the wealthier League One sides?

Archived