Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours, Gossip and Ideas for New Players

Well for those that fancied Mike Newell in the event of CL's demise there's hope for you:

Sky Sports:

Luton will never get anywhere without a new stadium, according to Mike Newell.

The Hatters boss feels that unless the club secure a move away from Kenilworth Road, they will never match his ambition.

The current ground is located just outside the city centre and is surrounded by residential properties, making access difficult and development impossible.

"This club will never progress the way it could until we get a new ground," he told the Daily Mail.

"That is a fact. We will always be fighting. We will lose our best players because we won't be able to afford the wages they are demanding."

The former Luton striker says that wrangles over the new ground are driving a wedge between him and the club's board, continuing: "That is why we have clashed because from the day I arrived I was told it's on the horizon.

"But we're no nearer now than we were then. We had just been beaten 4-0 at Sheffield United and I was sitting in front of the Press when I had a Press release thrown at me saying the plans for a new ground at Junction 10 of the M1 were dead.

"I just exploded. I said: 'Don't be talking to me about new grounds in 2008 or 2009.' I was promised one for the start of 2007, and I've only got a contract for the next 18 months, so what relevance was that to me?"

At least they own their own ground.... maybe if we don't tell him ;)

Well for those that fancied Mike Newell in the event of CL's demise there's hope for you:

Sky Sports:

Luton will never get anywhere without a new stadium, according to Mike Newell.

The Hatters boss feels that unless the club secure a move away from Kenilworth Road, they will never match his ambition.

The current ground is located just outside the city centre and is surrounded by residential properties, making access difficult and development impossible.

"This club will never progress the way it could until we get a new ground," he told the Daily Mail.

"That is a fact. We will always be fighting. We will lose our best players because we won't be able to afford the wages they are demanding."

The former Luton striker says that wrangles over the new ground are driving a wedge between him and the club's board, continuing: "That is why we have clashed because from the day I arrived I was told it's on the horizon.

"But we're no nearer now than we were then. We had just been beaten 4-0 at Sheffield United and I was sitting in front of the Press when I had a Press release thrown at me saying the plans for a new ground at Junction 10 of the M1 were dead.

"I just exploded. I said: 'Don't be talking to me about new grounds in 2008 or 2009.' I was promised one for the start of 2007, and I've only got a contract for the next 18 months, so what relevance was that to me?"

I'd accept Newell with open arms.

:angry: This could be the ale talking, but my mate has a box down at the walkers and his dad is mates with tim davies(someones gotta!!!) anyway, apparantly davies said at the Norwich game that gaz williams will be goin to Man City at some point during the transfer window?? Could be wrong but it seriously would not surprise me!! :angry:

:angry: This could be the ale talking, but my mate has a box down at the walkers and his dad is mates with tim davies(someones gotta!!!) anyway, apparantly davies said at the Norwich game that gaz williams will be goin to Man City at some point during the transfer window?? Could be wrong but it seriously would not surprise me!! :angry:

Welcome to the forum,

You might considering reading a few topics before you post, that rumour's been circulating on here for months and has been posted too many times for me even to bother to count them.

Welcome to the forum,

You might considering reading a few topics before you post, that rumour's been circulating on here for months and has been posted too many times for me even to bother to count them.

:blush: Sorry mate!! just realised that!! :blush:

One more thing, i was speaking to richard stearman on new years eve and he mentioned that some of the players weren't impressed with leveins recent decision making skills. Stearman reckons levein has three games max to sort the mess out or hes a gonner. He said Dion to be caretaker till the end of this seasons dismal campaign.

:blush: Sorry mate!! just realised that!! :blush:

One more thing, i was speaking to richard stearman on new years eve and he mentioned that some of the players weren't impressed with leveins recent decision making skills. Stearman reckons levein has three games max to sort the mess out or hes a gonner. He said Dion to be caretaker till the end of this seasons dismal campaign.

Here's another:

Foxes play down talk of hunt for new coach

NEIL MORRIS

LEICESTER City have denied any link with Martin O'Neill. Reports from the city suggested that current manager Craig Levein's 14 month tenure at the club may be drawing to a close and that he would be replaced until the end of the season by the former Celtic manager, with former Scotland midfielder Gary McAllister initially joining O'Neill in a coaching capacity.

"As a club we don't normally comment on speculation," said Leicester press officer Rachel Cluley, "but I can say there's nothing in this rumour."

It is hardly surprising that there has been speculation that Levein's position is under threat. His Leicester side have taken just two points from the last 21 to leave the club lying one place above the relegation zone. Club sources pointed out, however, that he has been given the go-ahead to buy a striker during the transfer window.

O'Neill has been out of football since leaving Celtic to help care for his sick wife Geraldine. He lives in the South and is understood to have taken a keen interest in the fortunes of his former club, which is now struggling to retain its position in the Coca Cola Championship. McAllister also took a break from football to care for his wife, who lost her battle with cancer shortly before Christmas.

From a well known Rumours board. :huh::whistle::D;):thumbup:

Sources close say that Leicester are preparing a swoop for Matt Jansen and Matt Fryatt to partner a so far in-effective attack. Mark De Vries to move to Brighton.

leicester have agreed a fee with walsall for striker matty fryatt, it is now down to the player if he joins!

Matty Fryatt

To Wolves, initial £ 500,000 with add ons that COULD increase this to £1.5 million.

Walsall taking TWO young Wolves players on loan

Leicester City have made a successful Bid for Walsall and England U-19 International Striker Matt Fryatt. The Bid was Undisclosed but believed to be in the region of £200000 - £250000. Leicester City now must wait upon the Decision of the Youngster, a choice which would see the future of Leicester City on on his shoulders!

Coventry's in- Dublin Free

Sadly that rumours board doesnt put up every rumour you send in. I tried sending one that Henry was set to solve our striker problem as arsenal were considering a bid from Levein of 50p. Was quite disappointed that it never appeared to be honest lol

Archived