Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guido Bontempi

Worst to wear City shirt?

Nicky Platneur

Also does anybody remember Jimmy Willis debut against Watford Awful :sick:

Not sure who I'd choose, to be the worst ever requires a combination of lack of ability and bad attitude.

Jimmy Willis was, it's true, not the most gifted of players, but he was a true pyscho defender who would have run through a brick wall for the club if you'd asked him too and always gave his all, so he doesn't qualify.

I think I'd have to choose Dennis Wise. Contributed sweet FA on the pitch while he was here and cost a fortune.

Simon

Not sure who I'd choose, to be the worst ever requires a combination of lack of ability and bad attitude.

Jimmy Willis was, it's true, not the most gifted of players, but he was a true pyscho defender who would have run through a brick wall for the club if you'd asked him too and always gave his all, so he doesn't qualify.

I think I'd have to choose Dennis Wise. Contributed sweet FA on the pitch while he was here and cost a fortune.

Simon

I agree about Willis simon just wondered if anyone remembers his debut? it was possibly the worst display i have ever seen and he scored. one own goal and one city goal. :smile:

It crops up every now and again, but its always a good 'un. Welcome to the forum. :)

I take exception at your cruel Coatsworth suggestion, though. He was part of Little's seminal "play at least 7 centre-backs" plan for getting us promoted in 1994. He scored a great goal against Luton and had a rather fetching haircut, which I myself am trying to copy. He also bowed out at the peak of his career against Derby in the final in '94 - a classy touch.

Long live the Goat!

Many people remember Coatsworth on his performance in that final. Belt the ball long into the corner!! That was the tactics that the manager employed on the day. He wasn't such a bad player overall.

My worst player, Kalac based upon performance, that WBA game was a nightmare. He isn't such a bad GK though. Outfield player would have to be either Gemill or Junior Lewis.

OMIGOD Alan Rogers, how could I have forgotten him... useless muppet. I was sure he was a plant from Forest.

Trev B was a star though. Not much talent, sure, but how he worked.

Jamie Lawrence too, headed goal in the worthless cup. Sparko on the goal line. I rest my case.

Less of the Willis bashing!

He was totally nuts but i loved him! A fine foil for Walsh, just a shame he was injured so much...A lantern jawed, big chinned God!

What do people make of Colin Hill - he had an illustrious career (before coming to city) and showed some good stuff and then made up for it with spectacular errors. (I'm recalling my 93-94 highlights video here). I quite liked him though

Someone said Colin Gordon, he had one particular season where he scored 20 goals if i recall correctly.

Nicky Platanauer

Nicky Mohan

Brian Carey

Franz Carr

Lee Philpott

Franck Rolling

Lee Marshall

Junior Lewis

All rubbish. Colin Hill was strange one, sometimes looked a world beater, other times a pub defender at best.

Less of the Willis bashing!

He was totally nuts but i loved him! A fine foil for Walsh, just a shame he was injured so much...A lantern jawed, big chinned God!

What do people make of Colin Hill - he had an illustrious career (before coming to city) and showed some good stuff and then made up for it with spectacular errors. (I'm recalling my 93-94 highlights video here). I quite liked him though

stez as katy:

i remember colin hill losing a contact lens in the goal mouth once. :rolleyes:

Simon

I'd have to agree with that, well deduced. :thumbup:

This may have been started elsewhere, I'm new though :blush:

Seeing as we're all a bit fed up. How about nominating the worst players to play for Leicester?

Well the Palace game shows that Premiership Scots don't have the metal for the Championship

So I'll kick off with:

Kisnorbo

De Vries

Or should we forget...

Ade (bit obvious)

Junior Lewis (I shudder at the thought)

Brian Carey (a passing genius, not)

Gary Coatsworth (great name, as in get your coat...)

Have to agree with others above - Lammie Robertson :cry:

Gregor Stevens! Took me all night to think of his name. Wallace bought him from Rangers. Must be good, we thought. Er, no. Godawful. Played four games, got sent off once and conceded two penalties.

When I was youner my dad took my to some Leicester matches in which a certain Ian Ormendroid played...was he as terrible as I remember. If he was then he's definatly be in without a shout.

If not then i'd have to go with Ade Akinbye who came when we had a chance to do something special and promptly wasted it...don't think I can ever forgive him for that way he celebrated that goal against Sunderland (when he missed it with his right, it hit his left and trickeld in from 3 yards out) ripping his shirt off as if we'd won a cup final!!! Made me laugh and cry at the same time.

P.s. This is my first post...I just couldn't resist anymore!

Having just re-read that post I'd like to apologise and hang my head in shame that my first ever post on this message board was so poorly written...I promise that grammer and general English can only improve from now on!

:welcome::scarf:

You won't learn sod all on here most of us are worse then you.....

PS Just don't use text speak :thumbup:

Archived