Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest lcfc_olip6_lcfc

Does anyone rate De Vries?

Guest lcfc_olip6_lcfc

Basically i h8 the donkey but everyone else thinks he's our gift and only chance to gettin top flight football agen! does neone here think so as well or am i watchin the wrong game?

:huh::huh:

Basically i h8 the donkey but everyone else thinks he's our gift and only chance to gettin top flight football agen! does neone here think so as well or am i watchin the wrong game?

gods gift :Plol

He's not good enough to be playing at this level thats for sure

Read the rules, no text speak.

As for hating him, get a grip. What's he done to you? I don't hate him, he works hard and tries his best, which is all we can ask. I don't think he's got the ability or pace to achieve anything in English football, let alone the Championship.

As for hating him, get a grip. What's he done to you? I don't hate him, he works hard and tries his best, which is all we can ask. I don't think he's got the ability or pace to achieve anything in English football, let alone the Championship.

We could ask him to leave without compensation ;):D

What are you on about? Not only are you talking a load of old cobblers, your writing is worse than DeVrie's heading ability, cut out text talk please this a forum not a mobile phone.

Yeh well said! How can you hate him?

We paid nothing for him and to be honest we'll probably get more value out of him, then we have for most of our recent signings!

I have been one of his biggest critics but at the end of the day he is/was all we could afford.

Guest lcfc_olip6_lcfc

Yeh well said! How can you hate him?

We paid nothing for him and to be honest we'll probably get more value out of him, then we have for most of our recent signings!

I have been one of his biggest critics but at the end of the day he is/was all we could afford.

i'm watching a different game to you lot then, yer fair enough he was cheap, but he was playing week in week out for Hearts and i thought he would be better...i think on his debut against Blackpool he was pretty good but then i havent really seen much good from him. I think Ian Hume has done more than him and i think Elvis Hammond knows how to control a ball and pass it to our our players better, but that's my opinion, nice to hear what others think though. But at the end of the day i suppose yer CL does have the options of HUME HAMMOND AND DE VRIES, it would be nice to just see some goals go in...

i'm watching a different game to you lot then, yer fair enough he was cheap, but he was playing week in week out for Hearts and i thought he would be better...i think on his debut against Blackpool he was pretty good but then i havent really seen much good from him. I think Ian Hume has done more than him and i think Elvis Hammond knows how to control a ball and pass it to our our players better, but that's my opinion, nice to hear what others think though. But at the end of the day i suppose yer CL does have the options of HUME HAMMOND AND DE VRIES, it would be nice to just see some goals go in...

I'd also guess that Hume and Hammond are on double or thereabouts MDV's wages, so it's like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

I'd also guess that Hume and Hammond are on double or thereabouts MDV's wages, so it's like everything in life, you get what you pay for.

It would not suprise me if we're playing De Vries a fair wage. I would say probabley more then Hammonds :o

Everyone focuses on the strikers and blames them for our lack of goals but it is NOT as simple as that.

a) DeVries is slow. His touch is unpredictable and inclined to be cumbersome. But he has qualities.

b) Hammond and Hume are not natural strikers in the mould of 18-25 goals a season strikers. They never were. But they are not as bad as centre-forward as it seems.

It is partly the team composition that lets them down.

Levein forever tries to spread his bets but mostly with defence as his first and foremost priority (cos that's what he knows).

And, because our back four is a Championship back four and therefore imperfect, he bolsters it, puts Kisnorbo in for reinforcement, plus Tiatto or someone else if he gets the chance and thus concedes the initiative big time.

The reality is that 19 draws, which is all you can possibly get if you mess up your chances of scoring won't get us to safety.

We have to score goals. I'll repeat that. We HAVE to score goals.

To score goals Levein needs to increase our attacking capability in as many departments as possible from full-backs and on through the team.

If he doesn't understand it he should do what I'm trying to do with computer technology. He should at least try to learn. Then he should abandon the preconceptions that have so let him down in England and commit himself to an organised attacking policy and make it work.

Whatever strikers he brings in will not function without feeder players and the feeders must be found in midfield, on the flanks and at full-back.

A minimum of eight players, preferably nine, with attacking threat would be my aim as a manager.

Heavily defensive strategies away from home defy logic to me at our level, especially in our situation when we NEED TO WIN (not simply to avoid losing).

In all our recent matches we've employed our zonal covering to brilliant effect until the garrison - rarely relieved, finally falters because it is knackered and loses concentration. The opposition have planned for the signs, increased their own commitment to attack and caught us out as suckers.

Around the 65th minute every time lately.

We have to take the ball down the other end and keep it there more consistently via the full-press system Levein promised but forever seems to lose faith in.

Attacking full-backs, creativity in midfield a tall, attacking centre-back and at least one tall, efficient centre-forward are needed. Lace the recipe with good free-kick takers and goalscoring wingers, make the coaches work on specific set-pieces and you're there.

Not hard is it Craig. I tell you this for free and in good faith and all I get is a Press Box ban instead of wages to match some of the folk who are letting you down. :):):)

Is there any justice and before you mock me. Where are the better suggestions?

I said you'd need centre-forwards in August and I said you'd need a big attacker who could head the ball (like Brian Deane but preferably younger). We have no offensive headers in attack (Hume is best but too small to be really effective in that department against giant defenders).

I said you'd struggle because you wouldn't get enough goals from the wings and midfielders, nor from free-kicks and that is what has happened. An idiot would have recognised that after four weeks of the season.

I said you needed attacking full-backs and I said you needed midfield creators. It was all there in black and white months ago and others reinforced the message in numbers which, if listed, would be embarrassing.

It's no use saying people like Momo Sylla and Gareth Williams have not been doing their stuff. You've gotta get rid of people who can't do it and motivate people who can. It's your job if you're going to be any good at it..

First question, for instance, of a winger. How many goals, how many assists. Not enough? No good.

First question of a centre-forward. How many goals per season. Under 15? Forget him. At least that's how I'd look at things. Hunches etc don't come into it except very rarely when you've got some slack to play with.

I don't expect anyone to like what I say. I'm too frank and undiplomatic to attract friendships. I don't even WANT to say any of this. It's just that I'm sick of my football club being shafted.

I've spoken out because I care and because time is running out. I don't know Craig if you'd rather have stayed on as manager or would sooner have had the compensation deep down. But I'll love this club long after you've gone so either fix things or have the dignity to leave and let someone else try.

I don't give a shit which it is but I do care what happens.

I'd rather see a striker who can put the ball in the back of the net. And de Vries has done that more than Hume and Hammond put together.

He's still shit though :ermm:

his problem is his lack of pace in this league - he needs too much time on the ball. Deano & Sir Les (& even Dion) had the experience of top league football so if they didn't have the pace at least they could make the right moves to get some extra time & space.

His heart's in the right place but unfortunately his feet & head are a little slower.....

He just isnt good enough for this league. Simple as that. He has had a number of chances but he cant convert them. His work rate is ok but he lacks the technical skills to be a proven goalscorer.

So, he isn't the best but get over it neither are we, we can only attract what we can afford, but he ha sa very good touch and is able to hold the ball up fairly well and slow down the game when needed albeit he does it when not needed. He doesn't score as much as people expect, but he is there to provide flick on's etc for our more clinical striker(s) in this case which is Iain Hume, he also works hard for the casue and you cannot faut his commitment, does anyone remember the extra training he did in pre season? He could've been off in somewhere like Barbados or sspending time with his family but he was in Leicester working hard to get himself ready for our team. I don't rate him highly, but i don't not rate him, i value what he brings to the team and appreciate it.

So, he isn't the best but get over it neither are we, we can only attract what we can afford, but he ha sa very good touch and is able to hold the ball up fairly well and slow down the game when needed albeit he does it when not needed. He doesn't score as much as people expect, but he is there to provide flick on's etc for our more clinical striker(s) in this case which is Iain Hume, he also works hard for the casue and you cannot faut his commitment, does anyone remember the extra training he did in pre season? He could've been off in somewhere like Barbados or sspending time with his family but he was in Leicester working hard to get himself ready for our team. I don't rate him highly, but i don't not rate him, i value what he brings to the team and appreciate it.

Trouble is, he don't win fock all in the air.

Trouble is, he don't win fock all in the air.

who says the flick on's have to be with his head? Surely he could control the ball with his chest and flick it on with his feet couldn't he??

who says the flick on's have to be with his head? Surely he could control the ball with his chest and flick it on with his feet couldn't he??

essencially i would call that a knock down, but lets not get picky, I just beleive that for a big man with no pace he should at the very least be lethal in the air. You cannot in this division have somebody upfront who is there soley for benifit of the other striker.

He doesn't do that either, as a target striker doesn't hold the ball up very well, he doesn't link up the strike force with the midlfield and doesn't make any runs behind the defence to open up the defence. But a question should be asked is Levien tactics or style of play to blame or because he is sh*ite or both

essencially i would call that a knock down, but lets not get picky, I just beleive that for a big man with no pace he should at the very least be lethal in the air. You cannot in this division have somebody upfront who is there soley for benifit of the other striker.

He doesn't do that either, as a target striker doesn't hold the ball up very well, he doesn't link up the strike force with the midlfield and doesn't make any runs behind the defence to open up the defence. But a question should be asked is Levien tactics or style of play to blame or because he is sh*ite or both

Fair points to the both of you and in some ways i agree, especially about Leveins tactics or style of play being questioned.

I like him :ph34r:

Archived