Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Rumours For New Managers

Link

Notts County boss Gudjon Thordarson has admitted he did have talks with Leicester, but insists he won't be taking charge of the Foxes.

The Icelander has impressed onlookers this season, as the Magpies challenge for a play-off place in League Two, with Leicester putting the ex-Stoke manager on their list of potential replacements for Craig Levein.

Despite confirming a meeting with Leicester officials, Thordarson says the job at the Walkers Stadium was not offered to him and he's more than happy to remain at Meadow Lane.

The Magpies boss revealed: "The negotiations between myself and Leicester are finished and will not be taken further. I will therefore not be taking over the reins at Leicester and will now strive to be a success here at Notts County."

He added: "They did not offer me the job but we had some interesting and serious discussions. But it did not go any further than that. We spoke but they said that they would be looking elsewhere this time around."

I'm getting a bit worried here.

Whilst the board are acting in, what appears to me to be, an organised and efficient manner, abiding by all the FA rules/laws/directives on this whilst also showing some ambition to get the man they want, once they do lure these managers in to interviews, none of them seem that interested.

I wonder what they're saying to them!

Perhaps we're offering a short term deal to the end of the season, then looking at it and no one fancies it? Just a thought.

I'm getting a bit worried here.

Whilst the board are acting in, what appears to me to be, an organised and efficient manner, abiding by all the FA rules/laws/directives on this whilst also showing some ambition to get the man they want, once they do lure these managers in to interviews, none of them seem that interested.

I wonder what they're saying to them!

Perhaps we're offering a short term deal to the end of the season, then looking at it and no one fancies it? Just a thought.

I think it's clear from Thordarson's comment...

"We spoke but they said that they would be looking elsewhere this time around"

...that LCFC ceased the discussions, not the other way around.

:)

Good spot...

Having said that, Newell had two interviews and many other people seem to have been interviewed. The board must have known who they want and they all seem to have blown us out of the water.

We never offered the job to Newell though

Leicester City are set to approach Port Vale over manager Martin Foyle..He has had a tough couple of years at Port Vale,with no cash and very bad injures but done good job,City think he can drive them back to the premiership with bit of cash..Watch This Space.

and.........

Leicester City board have abandonned plans to name new manager while they examine takeover proposals from local led consortium. The group have close links to the Tigers but are anxious for the deal not to be portrayed as a takeover by the rugby club. Two meetings last week official meeting in birmingham to sort deal on Friday.

From FR.

This is from the NOTW today...

Leicester will choose their new boss from three candidates later this week. Ian Holloway & Martin Alllen who have both been interviewed twice and current caretaker boss Rob Kelly, but with lack of managerial experience it could go against him.

Nudes of the World:

Leicester will name their new manager this week with Ian Holloway, Martin Allen and caretaker boss Rob Kelly in the frame

Sunday People:

Jim Smith is wanted by Leicester to form a managerial partnership with current caretaker boss Rob Kelly

This is from the NOTW today...

Leicester will choose their new boss from three candidates later this week. Ian Holloway & Martin Alllen who have both been interviewed twice and current caretaker boss Rob Kelly, but with lack of managerial experience it could go against him.

Perhaps they advertised the job then realised Kelly was doing great. Trouble is all the other candidates have more experience and perhaps more managerial qualifications so they've had to eliminate them all by imposing terms that none of em would accept so that, in the end, they've just got Kelly left all legitimate, like. :):)

Archived