Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

2 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Sydney not even drawing with The Roar cost me big this am. As not as Sydney brought on Matty Simon, I knew they wouldn’t equalise.

Col - I'm curious, have you ever paused to calculate your net losses over the years? Just an impartial and cursory glance at this thread suggests that your gambling career may be quite an expensive hobby. Perhaps just stick to the animal figurines? After all, you don't want to be pawning off the Royal Doulton and the Wade just yet.

2 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How much have you won today?

Never placed a bet in my life. Honestly, How much have you lost since you began your career in gambling? I've noticed not many are prepared to entertain that that thought. 

Actually point was not how much anyone has won or lost, more the blasé comment about "easy money" - particularly since, if you take a look at the Six Nations thread, the same member claimed that Ireland (crowned Six Nations champions and having achieved the Grand Slam) are "overrated".

Precisely why England are so disliked by other sporting nations and frequently accused of arrogance. 

2 minutes ago, lildave3 said:

The heck are the you doing in the betting thread if you've never placed a bet in your life. Weirdo. 

Not really lildave3 - it actually quite intrigues me, hence my question to Col. Particularly since betting advertisements are now embedded in 95% of matches  and after the number of gambling commercials on British TV has rocketed from 234,000 a year to nearly 1.4m annually since the deregulation of the sector six years ago, I'd say it's impossible to avoid even to the most fleeting of football fan. Viewers were bombarded with 2m gambling ads that ran last year alone, with under-16s exposed to an average of 211 ads per head.

As I said, I actually posted on the back of the Six Nations thread. 

43 minutes ago, Line-X said:

Never placed a bet in my life. Honestly, How much have you lost since you began your career in gambling? I've noticed not many are prepared to entertain that that thought. 

Actually point was not how much anyone has won or lost, more the blasé comment about "easy money" - particularly since, if you take a look at the Six Nations thread, the same member claimed that Ireland (crowned Six Nations champions and having achieved the Grand Slam) are "overrated".

Precisely why England are so disliked by other sporting nations and frequently accused of arrogance. 

Career? lollollol

30 minutes ago, Walkers said:

Career? lollollol

Not to be taken literally...because if the overall odds were then there would be more people making a living out of it instead of gambling on the markets instead. Saying that, tell that to Ashley Revell. 

On 17/03/2018 at 18:48, Line-X said:

You sound like you have been affected by someone with a gambling problem in real life. I say this as someone who does actually have a minor problem with it, but gambling is a form of entertainment to the vast majority of people who are able to control their bets. They are paying for the added excitement of watching a game. An amount lost gradually over the years is acceptable and reasonable.

28 minutes ago, brucey said:

You sound like you have been affected by someone with a gambling problem in real life. 

No, fortunately not. Although I've observed the effects elsewhere. 

29 minutes ago, brucey said:

I say this as someone who does actually have a minor problem with it, but gambling is a form of entertainment to the vast majority of people who are able to control their bets. They are paying for the added excitement of watching a game. An amount lost gradually over the years is acceptable and reasonable.

Absolutely agree - many people bet for the thrill and the enjoyment of the wager - the possibilities as opposed to any economic rationale or genuine expectation. I didn't mean to sound judgemental, but I do think that it is excessively promoted in a society of excesses that increasingly lacks self restraint.

6 hours ago, brucey said:

You sound like you have been affected by someone with a gambling problem in real life. I say this as someone who does actually have a minor problem with it, but gambling is a form of entertainment to the vast majority of people who are able to control their bets. They are paying for the added excitement of watching a game. An amount lost gradually over the years is acceptable and reasonable.

Agree fully with this, find myself sticking a fiver a day on an accumulator on stuff like tennis/darts to add excitement and prevent boredom a lot of the time. I’m content with losing a max of £35 a week and tbf most weeks I’m making profit at the minute. 

Once you you learn to control yourself and not get sucked into stupid stuff like roulette and blackjack I find gambling is generally okay 

**** football lol had a bit of a weird one tonight, 34/1

Cork to beat Shamrock (h) Won 3-0

Lecce to beat someone (a, Serie C) Won 1-0 late winner at 6/5

Carpi to beat Pro Vercelli (h) winning 2-0, 5/4 which was brilliant given the state of the table

Sporting Gijon to beat Huesca (a) 11/5, winning 1-0 at the mo

Then Servette to beat Winterthur (a) 8/13, like Lecce took a late lead which got me excited. I turned the stream on on Skybet in like the 89th min, in 60 seconds I watched a Servette goal get ruled out and then Winterthur score a screamer to equalise lol