Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

3 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I find the Ekstraklasa notoriously difficult to predict. Pretty much everyone capable of beating anyone else on their day.

Definitely, I usually stay away from it but that game caught my eye and there wasn't much else about.

I've completely nerded out and from last Friday since there were a few European leagues starting up again, i've started keeping a record on teams I bet on, seperating it from country to country. Not so much for myself in knowing who is reliable but just to see my success rate in different leagues. As it happens Poland is current 0/3 lol Legia lost to a promoted side, Lech drew to a promoted side. Didn't put either in my main bet as they were both in European action last week. Infact there were quite a few good sides I bet on this weekend playing promoted sides and failing to win, Ferencvaros, Videoton, Osijek. Infact I bet on a few lesser sides to beat promoted sides and had no problem lol I'm 4/4 in Romania, 2/2 in Finland, 2/3 in Denmark, 3/4 in Croatia, 1/4 Hungary. Despite that I haven't had a winner in weeks, i'm gonna have to pump some more money in by the end of the week if it doesn't turn

• Like 1

Vojvodina 17/10 home to Cukaricki 6/4 - Serbia

Voj finished 19pts ahead by the end of the regular season, they finished comfortably 3rd in the Championship group behind the big two, Cukaricki finished top of the bottom group. In my experience seeing odds like these, bet on Cukaricki lol

(which I have not)

94th minute winner, 1-0!!!

Edited by Walkers

7 hours ago, Walkers said:

Vojvodina 17/10 home to Cukaricki 6/4 - Serbia

Voj finished 19pts ahead by the end of the regular season, they finished comfortably 3rd in the Championship group behind the big two, Cukaricki finished top of the bottom group. In my experience seeing odds like these, bet on Cukaricki lol

(which I have not)

They left that late. Last kick of the game. 

29 minutes ago, Filbert_Ross said:

They left that late. Last kick of the game. 

94th minute and an 89th minute winner for my first win in absolutely ages ?

Levadia Tallinn

Dinamo Tblisi

Steaua Bucharest

Dinamo Zagreb

Wisla Krakow

Vojvodina

Made better because I decided against adding CSKA who lost 3-1

Got a bit of a Walkers one here.

Arsenal Tula to beat SKA Khabarovsk. SKA have just been promoted and this is their first away game. The catch with them is they're based in Eastern Russia. Every away game is a ridiculously long trip, it's actually nearer for Zenit to fly to Ireland than there, quite comforrably too.

Arsenal Tula are around evens to win. You'd imagine that the latter will go on to have a pretty horrific away record.

18 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Got a bit of a Walkers one here.

Arsenal Tula to beat SKA Khabarovsk. SKA have just been promoted and this is their first away game. The catch with them is they're based in Eastern Russia. Every away game is a ridiculously long trip, it's actually nearer for Zenit to fly to Ireland than there, quite comforrably too.

Arsenal Tula are around evens to win. You'd imagine that the latter will go on to have a pretty horrific away record.

I had the same thought when they played Zenit at home in their first game but lost comfortably, but I guess there is a bigger gulf in quality between those two sides. Arsenal Tula are rubbish and SKA surged late to promotion, I think possibly beating a top tier side in a play off? I would imagine the club will have done something to lessen the disadvantage

I've had another terrible weekend. Today I have

Honka (Finland Ykkonen)

Zaglebie Lubin

Zeljeznicar (Bosnia) if betfair have put them on yet

Then i'm torn between Astra Giurgiu or Dunav Ruse of Bulgaria

Astra are 7/4 to beat one of the lesser Romanian sides away and I don't get why. They finished last season strongly after financial problems at the beginning, they haven't done anything unusual so far this season albeit mainly in European qualifiers

Edited by Walkers

Dinamo St Petersburg in Russian 1st division, a promoted side and have won 3 out of 3, 4/5 at home to Rotor who have also been promoted and have lost 3 out of 3. Krylya Sovetov, relegated from the Prem last season are 1/5 to beat Tomsk who were also easily relegated and clearly have big problems at the club as they're rock bottom again. Volgar have started the season well and are 3/4 to beat Luch at home. They have a good H2H and Luch aren't anything special. (I'm a Russian 2nd tier expert having been promoted twice from there on FM) lol Also leaders Khimki are 2/1 away at a promoted side who have W1 and D2 so far.

Only game that interests me in Europe is Dynamo Kiev at home to Young Boys at 1/2. YBB beat Basel in their season opener at the weekend. Tempted for Red Bull who have European pedigree at home to Rijeka, and possibly Celtic at home to Rosenborg since the the latter needed extra time to knock Dundalk out last round. Scottish teams in Europe scare me though. Astana 5/4 at home to Legia Warsaw who have started their domestic season very badly, Kazakhstani sides are typically hard to beat on their own turf.

Last night I had BATE Borisov (13/2 to win) 11/20 +2 handicap away at Slavia Prague. Slavia's first game at this level for a long time, BATE are European regulars. They lost 1-0

**i am a fraud

Edited by Walkers

John isner to win the US open each way at 150/1 is worth a bit of money. He's playing exceptional tennis, and no djokovic... Murray still a bit injured... Nadal only at his best on clay... Federer is obviously going to be hard to beat but isner can definitely make the final. 

27 minutes ago, Nugent said:

Football league starts on Friday, what's everyone had for their league winner/promotion bets? 

Wolves to get promoted at 4/1 and Portsmouth Top 2 at about 8/1

Had a massive season long bet with a spare £4 in my account

Man City - Prem

AC Milan - Serie A

Real Madria - La Liga

Arsenal - FA Cup

Portsmouth Top 2

Wolves - Promoted

Bayern - Bundasliga

PSG - Ligue 1

£4 - 422k return or something stupid.

On 31/07/2017 at 17:17, GaelicFox said:

Galway races I have a sure fire winner this week 

will post when I know all connection have backed him 

How's this hot tip shaping up? I've been looking forward to this one all week! haha

On 01/08/2017 at 14:17, Nugent said:

Football league starts on Friday, what's everyone had for their league winner/promotion bets? 

Was 5 minutes from a massive jackpot last season - cheers Brighton and Doncaster for ruining it so late :P - still got $300 due to each way so gone for same prinicple this year

Gone for (each way again)

Prem - Chelsea

Championship - Middlesborough

League 1 - Wigan

League 2 - Carlisle

Guest LCFC_World

Monaco to win

Derby or draw 

Forest under 2.5 goals 

£5 returns £16.84 

Forest 1-1 

Derby 1-0

Monaco 3-0

£1 returns £408

Lets hope to a profitable start to the season.