Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Betting Thread

Put a load of these accas one various scorelines for 3 games I'd looked into.

Screenshot2021022716.jpg

Plymouth absolutely wrecked it within ten minutes :sweating: but my initial summations on paper had 2-1 Bradford & Cheltenham to win to nil, should've thrown that in a double but for a first time trying this strategy it was a decent effort.

Right lads I need some advice. 

I placed a mid season bet on promotion for brentford, Sunderland and tranmere all climbed massively since I bet but here’s the kicker I also added Newcastle to stay up.. which had small odds. (Always the way) 

I can cash out now and double my money or do you guys think I should ride it out and pray for Wilson and saintmaximan to return? 

Usually my game plan is to cash out when sides hit the playoffs. Better value than betting on them to finish top 6/7

Edited by Lambert09

1 hour ago, The Bear said:

I wouldn't like to have money on Newcastle staying up though they'll probably squeak it jammily. 

It all depends on the difference between how much you'd win compared to what the cash out is. 

30/1 odds. Currently offered just over evens. 

I just can’t see them picking up points. But I hate cashing out this early on 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Right lads I need some advice. 

I placed a mid season bet on promotion for brentford, Sunderland and tranmere all climbed massively since I bet but here’s the kicker I also added Newcastle to stay up.. which had small odds. (Always the way) 

I can cash out now and double my money or do you guys think I should ride it out and pray for Wilson and saintmaximan to return? 

Usually my game plan is to cash out when sides hit the playoffs. Better value than betting on them to finish top 6/7

To be honest your other selections are far from bankers. I'd say all four are in the balance, could end up winning it, could end up 0/4.

I do fear for Newcastle though. They look dog shit.

There's no way I'd be cashing that for just double the money though. I can't stand cashing out anyway but that's nowhere near tempting enough.

I've had money on no manager to leave this season but Bruce does concern me a tad.

Edited by Dan LCFC

9 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

I mean one of the others could fall off the rails at some point as well. 

But thanks for the support, I’ll stick with it haha 

If you're replying to the dude that said never cash out, his advice is for good reason. Bookies have made millions off the back of the cash out scheme. Every bookie I've seen offering it takes a 10-20% edge off live odds. So you're essentially handing them EV for free. 

I'd suggest if you're just in it for the chuckles then use it as you will, or if it's for a life changing cash out then yeah it's okay but if you're looking to make a few quid long term you'll have to be an outstanding punter to give up 10-20% edge (on top of the standard rate the bookies take) and still turn a profit. Or find a magical bookie that gives true live odds cashouts. :D

6 hours ago, Innovindil said:

If you're replying to the dude that said never cash out, his advice is for good reason. Bookies have made millions off the back of the cash out scheme. Every bookie I've seen offering it takes a 10-20% edge off live odds. So you're essentially handing them EV for free. 

I'd suggest if you're just in it for the chuckles then use it as you will, or if it's for a life changing cash out then yeah it's okay but if you're looking to make a few quid long term you'll have to be an outstanding punter to give up 10-20% edge (on top of the standard rate the bookies take) and still turn a profit. Or find a magical bookie that gives true live odds cashouts. :D

You know what, I’ve actually started betting with the aim to cash out. Already worked out well for me this season. 

Bet on 4/5 teams on an upward trajectory as soon as one hits a dodgy period cash out and do it again. That was what this bet was to start off. I figured those sides would probably make playoffs but not Automatic promotion, so I never actually thought the 3 of them would go up. 

obviously you won’t be making big money but if you just want to x3 or 4 each time it works well. Plus the next bet you can either bank your winnings or roll it over if you’re confident enough. 

Form is everything in football after all 

49 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

You know what, I’ve actually started betting with the aim to cash out. Already worked out well for me this season. 

Bet on 4/5 teams on an upward trajectory as soon as one hits a dodgy period cash out and do it again. That was what this bet was to start off. I figured those sides would probably make playoffs but not Automatic promotion, so I never actually thought the 3 of them would go up. 

obviously you won’t be making big money but if you just want to x3 or 4 each time it works well. Plus the next bet you can either bank your winnings or roll it over if you’re confident enough. 

You’d be better off trading the market on the exchange than doing this though. 

6 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Hey if it works for you then more power to you, just letting you know you're giving up EV for free bud. As dave said, if the plan is to shift in and out there are better ways to go about it. :D

• Like 1

Cash out is ok if you've lost confidence in your final selection for whatever reason. Or they are all up in play and it's the final few minutes where cashing out only costs you a few quid but guards against any late goals. Ok you give them some money back,  but it's still guaranteed profit for the casual punter.

On 11/03/2021 at 06:11, Dan LCFC said:

To be honest your other selections are far from bankers. I'd say all four are in the balance, could end up winning it, could end up 0/4.

I do fear for Newcastle though. They look dog shit.

There's no way I'd be cashing that for just double the money though. I can't stand cashing out anyway but that's nowhere near tempting enough.

I've had money on no manager to leave this season but Bruce does concern me a tad.

Wasn't Bruce you should of been worried about. :doh:

3 hours ago, Dan.Reynolds said:

Wasn't Bruce you should of been worried about. :doh:

You're telling me. Infuriating. I knew that he came very close to the sack in January - Pearson 2014/15-like, but I thought it had got to the point where they would just ride it out. I mean they're definitely going now.

He's not officially gone yet though.

On 04/02/2020 at 21:31, ramadaone said:

Absolute bullshit

They have linked up with NASDAQ and if you read up properly you will see the business model is nothing like a Ponzi scheme

The “wife” has made £13k since May 2019 and has a £40k port which compared to some proper investors is peanuts

if you know anything about football you should be able to make at least 10% every MONTH 

Expanding into Spain and Germany soon so the Index is only going one way 

On 31/01/2020 at 00:11, shanetko said:

I'm informed by someone well versed in finances that Football Index is likely to leave a lot of people out of money eventually. Ponzi-esque set up.

‘Absolute bullshit’ was it? Only shock is it took over a year to happen. Very sorry for anyone who fell foul to this awful company practice.

25 minutes ago, shanetko said:

‘Absolute bullshit’ was it? Only shock is it took over a year to happen. Very sorry for anyone who fell foul to this awful company practice.

This. Load of my mates had money in it and said it was great. I just never understood where the revenue was coming from tbh. Quite clearly it was all coming from new investors and as soon as the bigger, early investors pulled out (which they actually had to after 3 years) it was clearly going to collapse. 

Feel sorry for those that have lost out but ultimately it was always going to happen. 

• Like 1