Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

50 True Tales of Terror: Some good stories in it. The next book I buy will be The Three Kingdoms: A Historic Novel by Luo Guanzhong: I got into the history by playing the Dynasty Warriors games on the PS2. Some fascinating characters, battles and history. If you've ever seen Red Cliff or Three Kingdoms: Resurrection of the Dragon, those were some of the characters and battles

just finished dances with dragons. Still great but I didn't think it was as good as any of the earlier "game of thrones" books. If one of the characters who looks to have died near the end of the book has died then I'll be very disappointed. I didn't find as much "grey" in characters this time - far too black and white. A couple of them have now become predictable and boring. Does anyone know how many books Martin intends to write for the series?

Seems I've read all the hobb books apart from the new unfinished series. Loved most of them except the soldier son trilogy which I found slow and boring.

So people I'm looking for a new fantasy series to start. Suggestions?

Dirk_Gently_UK_front_cover.jpg

Read it years ago after finishing HHGTTG.

Loved the books.

Seems I've read all the hobb books apart from the new unfinished series. Loved most of them except the soldier son trilogy which I found slow and boring.

So people I'm looking for a new fantasy series to start. Suggestions?

. Have you tried the Dragonlance series? That'll keep you busy for a few years

Might start over reading True History of the Kelly Gang. by Peter carey. It's the Ned Kelly story told in a novelist style. Told in the first person.

Not sure if the film that was on the other week was based on the book. In the opening credits it said based on the book... but I never saw the name as I had diverted my eyes. Anyway I will try and finish it. I have a few unfinished books around.

. Have you tried the Dragonlance series? That'll keep you busy for a few years

Yeah read them many years ago, but thanks for the suggestion.