Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

Have you read Pratchetts children's book about the performan rats? Is Think its called something like the Amazing Maurice. Gaspode in that? It's about a group of performing rats who are cleverer than the fella that goes around with them. They sort of follow the Pied Piper story. They go into a town, The rats run riot and the piper drives them away and gets paid for it. A good con trick really.

Have you read Pratchetts children's book about the performan rats? Is Think its called something like the Amazing Maurice. Gaspode in that? It's about a group of performing rats who are cleverer than the fella that goes around with them. They sort of follow the Pied Piper story. They go into a town, The rats run riot and the piper drives them away and gets paid for it. A good con trick really.

Read that - good book.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Just started Stephen King's 22.11.63. It's a time traveling story about somebody that goes back in time to stop the Lennedy assination. He can only go back to 1958 so has to live there for four years. When he returns its as if he's only been gone two minutes/.

I never knew that Oswald attempted to kill an army general a few months before. According to the book anyway.

The task is suggested by the owner of a caravan diner who discovered the time portal in the pantry of the diner. He is dying so has asked his friend to finish the job.

The blurb on the cover says its a kinda love story. Its a very thick book so I hope its worth it.

Just started Dave Jones book "no smoke, no fire" , looks quite interesting and been meaning to read it for years.

Edited by MattP

• 3 weeks later...

Finished A Clockwork Orange, which is a basically a disturbing coming of age book. Quite different to the film.

Reading The Road at the moment. It's an interesting read so far although about grim.

Finished A Clockwork Orange, which is a basically a disturbing coming of age book. Quite different to the film.

The language is a pain in the arse

I read it some years ago after watching the film at the cinema (I remmember it was the old ABC on Belgrave Gate).

I had to keep referring to a glossary at the back to remind myself what the words meant. I seem to think the language used was based loosely on Russian

Just finished Kate McCann's account of Madeleine's disappearance. I can't imagine how Kate, in particular, got through the months following her daughter's disappearance. The Spanish police were trying to stitch the McCanns up when their own investigation was a hopeless mess of incompetence.

Any conspiracy theorists that think it's an elaborate cover up are utterly wrong.

Edited by Parafox

I read it some years ago after watching the film at the cinema (I remmember it was the old ABC on Belgrave Gate).

I had to keep referring to a glossary at the back to remind myself what the words meant. I seem to think the language used was based loosely on Russian

Just finished Kate McCann's account of Madeleine's disappearance. I can't imagine how Kate, in particular, got through the months following her daughter's disappearance. The Spanish police were trying to stitch the McCanns up when their own investigation was a hopeless mess of incompetence.

Any conspiracy theorists that think it's an elaborate cover up are utterly wrong.

Did you read the bit about it happening in Portugal?

How are you finding it?

Good - interesting way of doing it and some of the accounts are very moving. I see a lot of people complaining that the film won't be like the book - well obviously!

Started this last night.

imgel%20coraz%C3%B3n%20de%20las%20tinieblas3.jpg

Let me know how it goes, always meant to read that. All I know about it is that it's the inspiration for Apocalypse Now.