Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MC Prussian

What are you reading at the moment?

• 2 weeks later...

Finished over the last couple of weeks:

Alan Hansens Autobiography - It wasn't bad , didn't go as much into his own story as I expected but worth a read I guess.

I am the secret footballer - Again was very good , but as I'm playing along with this asked more questions then it answered , despite "living the lid" on the beautiful game I found nothing new about football that I don't think I knew before.

Currently reading Jessica Ennis autobiography , halfway through it and it's pretty good.

imgel%20coraz%C3%B3n%20de%20las%20tinieblas3.jpg

This was a really good read, Trav, although not a light, easy read, and possibly the most racist book I've ever read.

prod_10046.jpg

MsFoxy bought me both copies of this. I found it an emotional read. My copy disappeared (with some polariods I'd have rather not lost of MsFoxy :ph34r:) when I moved out of my student house.

The Great Gatsby.

Every now and again I get the urge to try to be intellectual. At the minute I'm about a third of the way through it. Alright I suppose.

I thought it was overrated.

If you want an intelligent, good read, try "The big over easy" by Jasper Fforde or any of his Thursday Next series.

Taleb comes across as a proper willy puller in fooled by randomness. I've been considering reading the black swan but I can't be bothered.

Currently reading a booked called the power of habit, which is fairly interesting so far

The Black Swan is a good read. I find Taleb (like Gladwell) very readable. They do both occasionally go both ways ie over complicate (show of their vocab/knowledge) and then make the exact same point in an over-simplified manner, but this is the challenge of writing a book like this and yet keeping it accessible. I imagine the audience for these books range from wanting the more in depth stuff - to the lighter, more accessible version. It does make reading them a little disjointed though as you get many of the points twice!

impossible-case-against-lee-harvey-oswald-barry-krusch-paperback-cover-art.jpg

This book is excellent and comes backed with a better-than-a-money back guarantee:

Prove the conclusions of this book wrong and you get $25,000. Fail to prove it, and you pay the author nothing.

Any takers ?

edit ;

it's only £1:95 on Amazon kindle at the mo , well worth it !

Edited by Zingari

Noticed my Crimbo stack yesterday. Got bought a few books but am disappointed with one of them. I'm never gonna read it, not my cup of tea in the slightest. Sounds blummin rubbish.

RJ Ellory - Bad Signs.

I told them before Crimbo aswell, I said, 'When it comes to books it's all about the non-fiction for me - specifically eschatology and catastrophism. You know I'm far too intellectual to waste my time on baloney. I'll only think about reading fiction nowadays if it is funny'.

This book doesn't sound pissing funny! What's the point in giving out instruction hints if they get ignored?