Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lcfc66

Ideas for Players for 2006/7 HERE -

Jamie Clapham? He's still only 30 and an excellent full-back in this division.

It's a great idea, but I think wages would be the problem - if Brum can't afford him with a parachute, we won't be able too. A pity, as he'd boss this league.

It's a great idea, but I think wages would be the problem - if Brum can't afford him with a parachute, we won't be able too. A pity, as he'd boss this league.

I think Brum are letting him go due to an alledged bust-up and that he's not been that good this season. Not wages I don't think, but I might be wrong.

I think Brum are letting him go due to an alledged bust-up and that he's not been that good this season. Not wages I don't think, but I might be wrong.

Was he one of the two that refused to play on the final day? Interesting. Still wishful thinking, although you never know.

It would be a nail in the Sheehan coffin if he joined us, mind you.

Nelson and Boyd from Hartlepool?

Small or McLeod from MK Dons?

I should imagine the Dons would want to generate funds any way possible, and they have quite a few good young players.

I should also throw in to the ring Sweeney from Hartlepool. Any Hartlepool watchers out there? Can you confirm whether he is any good as he scored about 15 goals the season before this one. Nationwider aren't you a closit Pools fan?

PS Small from MK Dons is very under-rated, i'd have no problems about him playing at a higher level. Rapid.

Nelson and Boyd from Hartlepool?

I should also throw in to the ring Sweeney from Hartlepool. Any Hartlepool watchers out there? Can you confirm whether he is any good as he scored about 15 goals the season before this one. Nationwider aren't you a closit Pools fan?

Never seen Small play, but yes, I do get to see the Pools play now and again.

Nelson - hard as nails. In the Steve Walsh mould as a centre back and leader, has a hammer of a shot on him as well. I'd say he's not got the quality as a defender at our level.

Sweeney - bad injury problems since Christmas, has only just got back in the team. He's a good player - I wouldn't be surprised to see him leave Pools, but I don't know what his contract situation is. I imagine a fully fit Sweeney would be worth 200/250K.

Boyd - I could go on and on about how good this guy is (I quite often do!). He's absolute quality, but again has been unfit for ages. He's loathe to leave the area allegedly - and Sunderland are rumoured to have an option on him. He's also been linked with Newell at Luton. Under contract unfortunately. He would be my "Walcott" luxury signing - watch him go berserk in L2 next year if he stays. He shops in my Asda. :ph34r:

Rickie Lambert of Rochdale? I've never seen him play but he's got 22 goals and 15 assists this season, for a mid table league 2 side, impressive.

Trevor Benjamin once scored 23 goals in a season for Cambridge in League one and some muppet decided to pay over a million for him!!

strange as it sounds scoring goals in the lower leagues isn't always a sign of being able to cut it at a higher level

Rickie Lambert of Rochdale? I've never seen him play but he's got 22 goals and 15 assists this season, for a mid table league 2 side, impressive.

He's very highly rated.

Steve Parkin there manager lives near me , I'll have a word :whistle:

Haven't read the whole thread (lazy me) but David Thompson's been released from Wigan. I'd definitely have him, quality player.

Was just gonna post the same thing about Thompson, think he's 28. Is he the player who doesn't have the best discipline? Even so he has been quality the few times I've seen him.

Alos from the same site is this link for Hot Property players...guess whose number 3?!?!

http://soccervoice.com/elf.htm

no need to pannick though, he wont be going anywhere, he needs a full season at this level before any decent prem teams come in for him.

as for thompson, decent winger, good at set pieces sign him up IMO

Archived