Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ultra

MERCURY MUSIC PRIZE

Details here.

Morrissey is surprisingly not on the list... :o:(

However, of the albums which I've listened to which have made the shortlist, I'd have to say Editors were favourite...

Details here.

Morrissey is surprisingly not on the list... :o:(

However, of the albums which I've listened to which have made the shortlist, I'd have to say Editors were favourite...

True, they usually put up dross for the nominations, so I'm suprised not to see him!!!! :ph34r:

Muse for me, but everyone is bumming Arctic monkeys still so they will probably continue their award success

But the judges have a habit of picking outsiders, so maybe they won't win it..

But the judges have a habit of picking outsiders, so maybe they won't win it..

but they also got slammed for picking M People over Blur's Parklife one year so on the other hand they might chose the most popular i.e. Monkeys

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - My pick, this is a good album and IMO should win.

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad Of The Broken Seas - Not heard.

Editors - The Back Room - Not heard personally but heard good reviews about the album

Guillemots - Through The Windowpane - Not heard

Richard Hawley - Coles Corner - Not heard

Hot Chip - The Warning - Not heard

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations - Heard a few singles of the album but not the album in full

Zoe Rahman - Melting Pot - Not heard

Lou Rhodes - Beloved One - Not heard

Scritti Politti - White Bread, Black Beer - Not heard

Sway - This Is My Demo - Not heard

Thom Yorke - The Eraser - Not heard

There is nothing that really stand out during this year IMO, Nothing amazing has been released, e.t.c, I personally havn't heard alot of the albums listed - Well I own one of the albums listed (Artic Monkeys) and have only heard bits of the other albums listed so they may be good i'm not sure, Its probably too late seeing as it was only released yesterday but I think Lily Allens should be considered (As I said its probably too late) I know her albums seems very hyped up and some people may not agree (but alot of people do agree) this album is definetly a contender for album of the year and I for 1 say it deserves the hype...

Not heard any of them except for the Editors, who I can pass on.

I'd like to get a copy of the Isobel Campbell and Scritti Politti albums, but I've just got Fall "50,000 Fall Fans..." and Concretes "In Colour" so no more CDs for Mr.N this month. :(

Not heard any of them except for the Editors, who I can pass on.

I'd like to get a copy of the Isobel Campbell and Scritti Politti albums, but I've just got Fall "50,000 Fall Fans..." and Concretes "In Colour" so no more CDs for Mr.N this month. :(

Hot Chip is fun, go buy.

I saw them at Reading last year on the Dance Stage, an enjoyable experience to say the least.

Arctic Monkeys - Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not - My pick, this is a good album and IMO should win.

Isobel Campbell & Mark Lanegan - Ballad Of The Broken Seas - Not heard.

Editors - The Back Room - Not heard personally but heard good reviews about the album

Guillemots - Through The Windowpane - Not heard

Richard Hawley - Coles Corner - Not heard

Hot Chip - The Warning - Not heard

Muse - Black Holes And Revelations - Heard a few singles of the album but not the album in full

Zoe Rahman - Melting Pot - Not heard

Lou Rhodes - Beloved One - Not heard

Scritti Politti - White Bread, Black Beer - Not heard

Sway - This Is My Demo - Not heard

Thom Yorke - The Eraser - Not heard

There is nothing that really stand out during this year IMO, Nothing amazing has been released, e.t.c, I personally havn't heard alot of the albums listed - Well I own one of the albums listed (Artic Monkeys) and have only heard bits of the other albums listed so they may be good i'm not sure, Its probably too late seeing as it was only released yesterday but I think Lily Allens should be considered (As I said its probably too late) I know her albums seems very hyped up and some people may not agree (but alot of people do agree) this album is definetly a contender for album of the year and I for 1 say it deserves the hype...

Does anyone else see the anomaly here?????

Silly Man/Boy!

' date='Jul 18 2006, 10:48 PM' post='351810']

Hot Chip is fun, go buy.

I saw them at Reading last year on the Dance Stage, an enjoyable experience to say the least.

I like the Hot Chip album but can't say it is any more than fun. They write sublieme singles but I just get the feeling they are not earnest enough to write a truely beautiful album.

• 1 month later...

going to controversial here but.... I think the Arctic Monkeys are overated and just a bit sh it when all is said and done!!

Over-rated by who?

Your only as good as the hype!

They may not have much longevity, but their debut album was one of the best debut albums I've ever heard, and to be honest you can't do any better then that.

What makes them all the more special is that they could have released 2 debut albums at once.

Both with arguably equal quality.

Archived