Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

A thread for the excited and optimistic

I think we'll just miss out by 14 places and 30 points.

I do worry about RK. I think the only thing that bails him out is that this is a poor League.

I don't think it will quite as bad as that, I predict a finishing postion between 7th and 9th place

I dont think were going to get promoted but we will do better than last year and at least finish in top half :rolleyes:

As crap and defeatist as it sounds, if we do better on the whole than last season and finish in a better position than las season then I will be relatively happy.

My brain agrees, but my heart finds it hard to accept that :(

we are obviously a bit short of quality in the midfield department, but i'm excited by the potential of the squad as a whole. i'll be happy with high mid table with a chance of a playoff place up until the end, and i think that's what should be realistically expected.

Closer to relegation I think. With purchases like Hume, Fryatt, Low, McAuley and the use of so many kids, it is obvious we are being groomed for a spot in the old Div 3. :cry::cry::cry::( <_<

Careful Steven - there are people who will take you seriously. :whistle::whistle:

You just look forward to dour Danny and the Chosen Men...

If there's any threat of football being played, there's always a bar close by. :whistle:

:o now now, that’s a bit personal isn't it, and personal abuse is against the rules :P

We did last season and look what happened. :ph34r:

As such, I crave disappointment.

I'm expecting mediocrity.

Aim low, aim so low that people won't even notice if you fail to achieve it!!!

I think we'll just miss out on a play off place this season.

I think we'll just miss out by 14 places and 30 points.

I'm feeling another poor season sadly.

I do worry about RK. I think the only thing that bails him out is that this is a poor League.

That should be out motto. 'Expect Mediocrity'

Oh dear, is this what counts for optimism and excitement? I bet Xmas is a real blast round your collective houses :P

What a miserable bunch you lot are. I'm meant to be a pessimist but some of the talk on here takes the biscuit.

Let's be optimistic - it's the new season and a new start for the players, management, and club. A defeatist attitude from the fans isn't going to help anyone.

I think we'll do alright, better than last season and in the top 10. Just because Kelly hasn't pulled out a glamourous signing in the summer months it doesn't mean we'll be relegation fodder. Look at Brian Little's team at Leicester in the early 90s - player for player they were distinctly average but the team spirit and attitude drove them on to better the sum of their parts.

We have some decent players here that match most other teams in this league - granted we need them to stay injury/suspension free, but it's not going to be as bleak as some of you think.

I'll surprise you lot cos I'm not defeatist.

I don't think we'll do especially badly because Kelly has definitely engendered team spirit and he has organised a team into a formation that is well understood by all.

Anything from 10th downwards wouldn't surprise me - I cannot see us getting the goals to do better under the current selection policy - my reservation is simply over the manner in which we'll play.

No risk, no adventure, not much entertainment value but dour, determined, professionalism.

And why should that be bad. It is quite clear that many fans will be perfectly happy with that. Indeed, even when we lose or draw in the most boring manner, they still declared that first Levein and then Kelly knew best, knew what they are doing.

Kelly probably does know what he's doing. But winning or not losing is top of his list. Doing so in style is a lot lower.

So in summary: optimistic enough about results but certain we'll look pretty awful getting them. Unless the emphasis changes and I expected that at the end of last season but it didn't.

I like watching Leicester. I don't get to go very often, so I savour it when I do go. The start of every season is exciting to me.

Not having a season ticket, I'm not having to contemplate whether my £hundreds are about to go down the pan but if I lived nearer, I'd be getting one.

To me, optimism/pessimism about the season are secondary emotions to the feeling of just being there - of "when Saturday comes".

Being rubbish makes the good bits better anyway. :P

Archived