Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

A thread for the excited and optimistic

I like watching Leicester. I don't get to go very often, so I savour it when I do go. The start of every season is exciting to me.

Not having a season ticket, I'm not having to contemplate whether my £hundreds are about to go down the pan but if I lived nearer, I'd be getting one.

To me, optimism/pessimism about the season are secondary emotions to the feeling of just being there - of "when Saturday comes".

Being rubbish makes the good bits better anyway. :P

Quality........... lol:thumbup:

:clap:

Kelly I feel will give us stability but we need someone with a bit more know-how to push us onwards and upwards, a mediocre season is my guess but a good cup run wouldn't go amiss, especially for the finances.

I like watching Leicester. I don't get to go very often, so I savour it when I do go. The start of every season is exciting to me.

Not having a season ticket, I'm not having to contemplate whether my £hundreds are about to go down the pan but if I lived nearer, I'd be getting one.

To me, optimism/pessimism about the season are secondary emotions to the feeling of just being there - of "when Saturday comes".

Nail on the head :thumbup:

Kelly I feel will give us stability but we need someone with a bit more know-how to push us onwards and upwards, a mediocre season is my guess but a good cup run wouldn't go amiss, especially for the finances.

i am fed up of all this stability nonsense, our aim should be to progress as quickly as possible, not to have a stable couple of seasons.

i am fed up of all this stability nonsense, our aim should be to progress as quickly as possible, not to have a stable couple of seasons.

Micky Adams tried the quickly approach - he signed as many players as he could get his hands on - all of whom he believed would be useful to us. That went tits up.

Craig Levein shed 7 or 8 players and signed between 8 and 10 more, a massive change in personnel when you only take 16 players with you to each game. That also went tits up.

This year we lost one or two, and we signed 4 so far. We should progress a little with some luck - and after a full season with a steady team, it should become much clearer where the side needs changing.

In the past two seasons, we've chopped and changed players, and the managers have come and gone. There's just been too much change and it's got us nowhere. It'll be a damn sight easier to work things out if things are settled properly for a single season.

I echo what Manwell has said. That's exactly how I feel. I've been very pessimistic and negative in the past but when the next game comes around and i'm on my way to the stadium those previous feelings go out of the window. I'll always support Leicester and always go to as many games as possible because of that feeling, even if it suddenly changes 5 mins in to a match :D

Hear your mother on the telephone

Partying people happy people home

Everywhere there's sceptic magazines

Shooting different colour jelly beans

Anyday of the week - when Saturday comes

Anyday of the week - she's almost gone

Hiding pictures of her takeaway

Only laughing on a Saturday

Tomorrow's Sunday - special radio

Warning her the dangers long ago

Anyday of the week ...

Such an independent girl

Think you've got what it takes

If you won't sit down next to me

Girl that's my mistake

Teenage bop form a nervous holiday

Attracting lips form a hidden stowaway

Telegram go gos got to yesterday

Shocking tears will never go away

Anyday of the week

Well the BBC are optimistic!!

LEICESTER

Nickname: The Foxes

Ground: The Walkers Stadium

Capacity: 32,500

Last season: 16th

Manager: Rob Kelly (April 2006)

In: Josh Low (Northampton), Darren Kenton (Southampton), Gareth McAuley (Lincoln), Andy Johnson (West Brom)

Out: Joey Gudjonsson (AZ Alkmaar)

BBC Sport verdict: Could this be the year that Leicester finally mount a promotion challenge?

Manager Rob Kelly achieved some excellent results after taking the reigns from Craig Levein last season.

Much will rely on strikers Matt Fryatt and Elvis Hammond but the creativity of new midfield signing Andy Johnson means they should have plenty of chances.

Key man: Matt Fryatt. Has the attitude and talent to play in the Premiership.

Link

So if we get promotion it's nothing to with Rk or the players, just the fact it was a poor league? :P

Only playing Devil's Advocate hear but when we won at Hinckley all the (presumably) Chosen Men suppporters came on to say it was only cos Hinckley are naff!

Only playing Devil's Advocate hear but when we won at Hinckley all the (presumably) Chosen Men suppporters came on to say it was only cos Hinckley are naff!

No realists said that to try and help you keep some perspective. If any one can play better the Maybury on the right I'll be more then happy for them to get their chance, If players play badly then they should be replaced, sometimes giving academy players a chance. What I don't agree with is putting to many in the team to soon......... or stupid 4-3-3 formations with absloutley zero width.

Porter is probably a better winger than mybury going forwards, as maybury hasn't got a clue and doesn't give stearman a pass when going forwards, and if levi was bigger and stronger I would probably take a gamble on him.

What a miserable bunch you lot are. I'm meant to be a pessimist but some of the talk on here takes the biscuit.

Let's be optimistic - it's the new season and a new start for the players, management, and club. A defeatist attitude from the fans isn't going to help anyone.

I think we'll do alright, better than last season and in the top 10. Just because Kelly hasn't pulled out a glamourous signing in the summer months it doesn't mean we'll be relegation fodder. Look at Brian Little's team at Leicester in the early 90s - player for player they were distinctly average but the team spirit and attitude drove them on to better the sum of their parts.

We have some decent players here that match most other teams in this league - granted we need them to stay injury/suspension free, but it's not going to be as bleak as some of you think.

Well said :thumbup:

Some folk seem more concerned with their own agenda, and believe if RK can't or won't deliver it, he should be forced out, regardless of the effect on the team.

Both he and his players are on a learning curve. But too many fans choose to ignore that.

He did well enough last season to deserve a longer go in charge, and he was given it.

We may not walk this league, but a season of modest progress, with promise of more of the same in years to come, is as much as we can hope for. At this stage, a tilt at the playoffs would be a bonus.

And who the Hell has said Kelly should be forced out?

I did, if he doesn't learn from his mistakes. This is all hypothetical and we won't know what his mistakes are until he makes them but I believe he's making a big one in playing Tiatto and Maybury in a team that already has 4 defenders in it. We've had enough managers to last us a life time that have been very reluctant to learn from their mistakes and I couldn't bare having to endure another one so soon. This might turn out to be a masterstroke anyway or he might change it if it doesn't work and hopefully all will be forgotten.

Let's hope his in-experience as a manager doesn't cost us because we don't have the luxury of throwing money at resolving the situation. There is very little margin for error.

I did, if he doesn't learn from his mistakes. This is all hypothetical and we won't know what his mistakes are until he makes them but I believe he's making a big one in playing Tiatto and Maybury in a team that already has 4 defenders in it. We've had enough managers to last us a life time that have been very reluctant to learn from their mistakes and I couldn't bare having to endure another one so soon. This might turn out to be a masterstroke anyway or he might change it if it doesn't work and hopefully all will be forgotten.

Let's hope his in-experience as a manager doesn't cost us because we don't have the luxury of throwing money at resolving the situation. There is very little margin for error.

Tiatto/Maybury in the same team isn't/won't be a masterstroke. :(:(

I agree. 6-2-2 is a poor man's Wolves and I confidently expect the boo boys to be on his back by November.

I agree. 6-2-2 is a poor man's Wolves and I confidently expect the boo boys to be on his back by November.

i think they will have every right to be on his back by november. it would be his fault if we were getting poor results and playing maybury + tiatto on the wings.

And exactly how will forcing out our third manager in three years improve our club?? :huh:

Most FOXES wanted RK to be given the boss's job on a permanent basis. Their wish was granted.

Let's get behind him instead of waiting for him to fail and being the first to wield the knife.

Only six defenders....When Martin was gaffer we had eleven.

Archived