Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
RowlattsFox

Sylla Departs

Sounds like a Gerrbrand-esque exit.

Let him go so that he can return to the country he came to us from.

Hopefully it means we didn't have to pay him off, we've essentially just let someone else take him on a free. :ph34r:

I would imagine he's on a lot less now so we've probably had to agree to pay a proportion of his wages to make up the difference on the remaining part of his contract.

Although having read the LCFC statement that's probably bolloxs "Momo Sylla was today (Thursday) released from his Leicester City contract by mutual consent."

Thing is he'll do a job for Killie in the SPL which does indeed show how bad it is compared to the Championship and even League One.

Surprised Levein didn't try and get him but then there's still time for him to snap up Douglas! :D

Yes, Yes, Yes, YES!!!

Please make it happen.

Craiggy, you know you want it! :whistle:

We have been negotiating to get Momo to the club for the past week," said Jefferies.

Begs the question as to why they didn't pay a transfer fee if that be the case

because we just wanted to cut the wage bill?

We have been negotiating to get Momo to the club for the past week," said Jefferies.

Begs the question as to why they didn't pay a transfer fee if that be the case

Probably because Killie, like most other SPL clubs, are totally skint and couldn't of afforded any sort of transfer fee - the only way they were going to get him was if he was released which he was!

Clearly, still if they wanted him that badly one might expected a couple of shillings out of the deal :dunno:

They wont be paying him anything like we were so we've probably had to pay Sylla to go - so you can forget any thoughts of a fee.

Probably because Killie, like most other SPL clubs, are totally skint and couldn't of afforded any sort of transfer fee - the only way they were going to get him was if he was released which he was!

Hopefully that means it didnt cost to much to cancel his contract after all.

Good Luck to him but when to they come in for Rab C Nesbitt as theer new keeper? Also De Vries likes Scotland :D

Thing is he'll do a job for Killie in the SPL which does indeed show how bad it is compared to the Championship and even League One.

Surprised Levein didn't try and get him but then there's still time for him to snap up Douglas! :D

Haha, I read Levein's name being mentioned at the same time as the vacant scotland manager's post today, one of the opinion pieces on beeb sport. The Jocks are sillier than I thought.

Haha, I read Levein's name being mentioned at the same time as the vacant scotland manager's post today, one of the opinion pieces on beeb sport. The Jocks are sillier than I thought.

Get the Krankies in instead. Thats been a very succesful partnership :D

Killy...Enjoy his erm :unsure: talents. . .

Another example of how shocking Scottish football is, and how rarly players that know the Scottish game can convert to the English leagues!

Scottish football :yawn:

To be fair, slagging off another countrys football league is ignorant and sad. Just because we have one of the best Premier leagues in the world does not give us the right to slate those that don't. The Scottish Premier league has produced some fantastic players over the years.

And how you can slag any one off for being boring and shocking when you support Leicester City is beyond me.

It's not just Scottish league players that have problems adjusting to the English league, it's any forieign player, look at Drogba, it only took him three years, Sheva suppousidly one of the best players in the world can't adapt, then you have the case of the two argies at West ham.

Great news. Heard of this when I got in and saw it on the SSN ticker :D He wasn't the greatest player and I'm certainly not sad to see the back of him. Good luck to him up in Scotland.

How comes we have only just managed to terminate his contract though? Why couldn't we have done it before? Reckon it's because they know Mandaric will be coming in and we'll be able to cope financially and get somebody better in? :ph34r:

Should have terminated Sylla in the summer and kept Gerrbrand... could have had a classy 3-5-2 then.

Gerrbrand - McAuley - Kisnorbo

Phwoar! :wub:

:ph34r:

I'll never know why we got rid of Gerrbrand, he had the makings of a very good CB.

Why did we let Sylla go if Killmarnock have wanted him for over a week? We surely could have got some type of fee for him?

Archived