Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Smudge

Gareth Gone!

Never rated him ever. Not like we're playing brilliantly with him in the side anyway, is it now?

The bloke's got a good pass on him but he's ridiculously lazy. He hardly ever goes up and tries to play in the holding/engine room role when he's only a decent tackler at best and is too lazy to close balls down and give the defense time.

At best, at least King and Gradel who Thrac's been going on about for ages might get their chance now. At worst, we play this line-up.

------------------Dodds-----Hume------------------

Porter-------Weso-------Hughes-------Hammond

Tiatto--Kisnorbo--McAuley--Maybury/Stearman

------------------------Hendo------------------------

He'd probably stick Johnson in there, or Tiatto with Nissa at LB, and maybe Maybury at RB, but it's hardly particularly worse than before.

How much of a possibility is it that the MM deal's off and both sides have agreed to keep it quiet.

Announce it and we'll have a scramble from other clubs for cut-price players because they think/know (?) we'd be in trouble, keep it quiet and at least we'll be able to command higher transfer prices.

As you can tell I'm feeling even more pessimistic about our future :cry:

The other complete b*****d is that it's Tax Deadline day and I've got to part with a wedge :angry:

How much of a possibility is it that the MM deal's off and both sides have agreed to keep it quiet.

Announce it and we'll have a scramble from other clubs for cut-price players because they think/know (?) we'd be in trouble, keep it quiet and at least we'll be able to command higher transfer prices.

The other complete b*****d is that it's Tax Deadline day and I've got to part with a wedge :angry:

That's a scary thought, but also very probable

MM is gone I suspect, or certainly out of the game until the summer. He's got more important things to worry about and best wishes to him on that. Martin George is the Saviour! :P

Still can't get my head round that assuming MM has been contacted to agree to part of what he is buying is being given away (as good as)

He can discuss this but has to put the take-over on hold...dosen't ring true

I've just come out of the LRI the old dears sleep 23 hours a day

What sense would it make for williams to go to watford he loves his nottingham house and is stable at leicester city? makes no sense

Players make there money by daft salaries or signing on fees, Williams being the latter

Jochin got 500k at Villa, Taggs 1M at Leic and they are fairly modest

Savage to Blackburn...etc

Players make there money by daft salaries or signing on fees, Williams being the latter

Jochin got 500k at Villa, Taggs 1M at Leic and they are fairly modest

Savage to Blackburn...etc

I think your talking rubbish, Joachim (not Jochin) had a gambling problem and had to leave leicester for reasons out of football.

If true, which I doubt, I don't think our team will miss him at all. He's been injured most of the season and only spasmodically effective when he has been around, for whatever reasons.

Hughes can go into central midfield now and King plus Porter/Tiatto will be fine alongside, although you just know it will be Andy Johnson.

Never rated him ever. Not like we're playing brilliantly with him in the side anyway, is it now?

Another player gone and from our weakest area of the team, you need to understand to succead in this division you need to have more than 4 good midfield players. A succesfull Championship sides needs to have one outstanding midfield player and five or six good players around him playing and as backup. We have Andy Johnson and Stephen Hughes, and no back up to speak of.

Only on anything above £500k I think?

That's what most sell on clauses are, they only get a cut if the fee is more than what we paid. Infact, i'm probably wrong here.

This one was awarded at a tribunal though, so it may be differnt.

Joe Kinnear claimed that we'd offered Williams 2-3 times the salary he was on at Forest and he was on £6k a week there, so that makes him a very high earner considering our plight. Kinnear could have been lying though, it wouldn't be the first time. We must have offered him a fair wedge though.

I'd say your correct Williams probabley is on a packet given that he was signed when we had parachute payments and money and that Adams was the blok that signed him :rolleyes: . It will be a relief to have him off the wage bill and we may actually be able to bring someone in on loan!

As a player he's never really been outstanding for us., we all know what he's like brillitant one half abscent the next. fantastic one game shite the next. The thing that worry's me is the lack of cover and the fact that any money we get for him wont be used to bring someone else in, it will be used to cover debts. It again also shows how much trouble we're in, selling a midfielder when really we should be signing them if we want to progress.

Having said that we might just be getting rid of player who we can't afford to offer a new deal to. Getting some money before he goes for free.

There is also the possabilty that the Times have gor this wrong, from what I understand Watford have inquired about 50 players in the last few days, so there is every possabilty this might not be true.

EDIT: I, like some others on here, am more worried about who else will be leaving today :unsure:

Archived