Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ric Flair

An Interview With Robert Kelly

Interviewer: So Rob, another disappointing performance away to Stoke. Surely this can't continue much longer without drastic action being taken.

Nob: Look, I can't ask for much more from the bunch of lads. They are honest as the day is long. They've come back in to the dressing room upbeat and that's all I can ask for.

Interviewer: Upbeat about what?

Nob: We've got another party to go to tonight, Aylestone Civic Hall are putting on a spread and free plonk for the players, management and staff. Ian Miller won an all expenses paid night there in the raffle that Birch did for Comic Relief.

Interviewer: Some fans might seriously be questioning why you allowed the players to have 4 days off last week after the QPR debacle? Especially after you follow it up with another heavy loss.

Nob: We are where we are. There's no point thinking outside of the box and wondering what might of been or what we could have if we did this or that. The lads have been doubling, tripling and quadroupling their efforts on the training ground all season and so have the coaching staff. Stowelly, bless him was even out there in his shorts in the hail when the players had a few days off, bollocking the cones and goal posts.

But as i've said, we won't get worked up about it, just like we won't book a trip to New York when we somehow win a game. We're all a smashing set of folk, and Milan recognises that. That's all you can judge a person on.

Interviewer: What's your views on Andy Johnson's sending off after just 7 minutes for flobbing at Lee Hendrie? It looked to be completely un-professional.

Nob: Jonno's, Jonno. He's a smashing lad, he's been there and done it. He's in there now with the lads, he's been in the bath with Horsfield having some banter. I couldn't ask much more from the bunch. He's said he's sorry to me and that's enough for me. He's as straight as you could get and i'll be appealling to the Football League over the sending off. We need him for the Derby game, where we'll be going out to secure a point.

Interviewer: Milan got up from the directors box and left with 15 minutes to go. Is there anything you can report on that?

Nob: I've had a good chat with Milan in the week and he's a smashing bloke. Football mad, but I don't want us to get ahead of ourselves. He's obviously trying to get a head start to the party tonight that Ian won for us.

Interviewer: Elvis had the chance to get you back in it when Levi crossed to give him an open goal to score in to. Any regrets that Elvis somehow couldn't keep his composure?

Nob: I think it would be both dis-respectful to Stoke and to Elvis for me to have any regrets here. We know where we are going and we are all pulling in the same direction. I'm not going to say Elvis wasn't pulling in the right direction to not score from 3 yards, it's just one of those things. He's a smashing lad and I wish him well. It's not an easy place to come here and score, let alone win so there's no complaints from myself or Stowelly. He's usually up for making someone a scapegoat but just as I was coming to do this interview I saw him dealing cards in a game of poker between him, Elvis, Kenton and Yeatesy. Morale is high and why shouldn't it be, their a great bunch.

Interviewer: So to wrap this up Rob, is there any positives you can give the fans who will no doubt be making their way home very, very disappointed this evening.

Nob: The lads appreciate the fans coming out in their droves and cheering them on. It's a big help, and it makes my job a lot easier. That's why the players are in there upbeat, they are a smashing bunch and why wouldn't they be when they have a party to go to. Everything's geared up for Derby on Good Friday, which is great for the fans. The fans love a local derby match and the players will turn up on the day.

Just heard it on the radio, fascanating Rob.

...Nob: We are where we are. There's no point thinking outside of the box and wondering what might of been or what we could have if we did this or that. The lads have been doubling, tripling and quadroupling their efforts on the training ground all season and so have the coaching staff. Stowelly, bless him was even out there in his shorts in the hail when the players had a few days off, bollocking the cones and goal posts.

But as i've said, we won't get worked up about it, just like we won't book a trip to New York when we somehow win a game. We're all a smashing set of folk, and Milan recognises that. That's all you can judge a person on...

... I couldn't ask much more from the bunch. He's said he's sorry to me and that's enough for me. He's as straight as you could get and i'll be appealling to the Football League over the sending off. We need him for the Derby game, where we'll be going out to secure a point.

...Morale is high and why shouldn't it be, their a great bunch.

Just heard it on the radio, fascanating Rob.

If this piece had met even basic literacy standards it might have contained a semblance of humour and wit.

You are obviously to writing what RK is to management.

Must do better! :rolleyes:

If this piece had met even basic literacy standards it might have contained a semblance of humour and wit.

Oh. Dear.

If this is tongue in cheek then it isn't funny.

If this is serious you need to examine your life carefully - highlighting spelling mistakes in a post that you could only (wet) dream about writing is worryingly pathetic.

Ultra - YOU must do better. Or alternatively, take Manwells' words of wisdom.

"A critic is someone who never goes into battle, yet who afterwards comes out shooting the wounded" :mad2:

Great work Ric, thanks for brightening my morning.

Archived