Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Chandler

Milan Must Shoulder The Blame

OK we have struggled in our last three seasons in the Chumpship but Milan has badly miscalculated and definitely made matters worse this season and has practically made us odds on favourites for the drop.

Firstly, there was his penny pinching antics that caused the takeover to be long and drawn out and led to a lot of ill feeling amongst many shareholders.

Secondly, following on from this, the all too convenient date of the takeover itself AFTER THE CLOSURE OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW. I have no doubt that he engineered this himself.

Thirdly, the appointment of Worthington. Hardly an impact manager who could persuade a demoralised squad thinking that it's going to be released en masse in May that it actually might be worth their while to play for the shirt.

Rarely has anyone who promised so much, let so many down, so soon.

OK we have struggled in our last three seasons in the Chumpship but Milan has badly miscalculated and definitely made matters worse this season and has practically made us odds on favourites for the drop.

Firstly, there was his penny pinching antics that caused the takeover to be long and drawn out and led to a lot of ill feeling amongst many shareholders.

Secondly, following on from this, the all too convenient date of the takeover itself AFTER THE CLOSURE OF THE TRANSFER WINDOW. I have no doubt that he engineered this himself.

Thirdly, the appointment of Worthington. Hardly an impact manager who could persuade a demoralised squad thinking that it's going to be released en masse in May that it actually might be worth their while to play for the shirt.

I always supported the Mandaric takeover. However, the inability to appoint decent managers is, once again, proving to be his achilles heel. His decision to appoint Worthington with five games to go was reckless. People can pontificate all they like but there has been no improvement at all in the last two games. Kelly should have been removed far earlier or left to finish the season. If Leicester get the points required to stay up it will be in spite of Worthington and Mandaric, not because of it.

I always supported the Mandaric takeover. However, the inability to appoint decent managers is, once again, proving to be his achilles heel. His decision to appoint Worthington with five games to go was reckless. People can pontificate all they like but there has been no improvement at all in the last two games. Kelly should have been removed far earlier or left to finish the season. If Leicester get the points required to stay up it will be in spite of Worthington and Mandaric, not because of it.

Kelly should have gone (at least) a month earlier - and was never going to get last night's second half tempo out of the team.

Worthington, despite my reservations, has improved certain aspects of our performance no end but, inevitably really, he finds it impossible to pick the best team, either because he doesn't know the players or because he's under some potentially fatal illusions.

Beaglehole and Taggart would have been my choices of caretaker but there you are - I still think Worthington has put some zest into the team, is getting them fit and is making them play much faster. His comment that he wants to give the fans "good valuie" was also apreciated because he's the first manager we had for years who has shown any signs of recognising that responsibility.

One of the lasting problems at Leicester is that the obvious doesn't get through.

Maybury is NOT a left-back. He has never looked like a left-back and how there "profesional" managers that Hullfox so reveres can make the mistake of thinking that he's a left-back remains totally incomprehensible to me.

Jarratt is another. He's added nothing of any consequence to our team. His playing record suggests no different and our no-win-in-10 sequence only adds to the evidence.

Even with the best preparation and motivational input possible - Leicester City cannot afford self-imposed handicaps. We need 11 potentially effective players. Weso should have had double wages last night for what he had to shoulder in midfield last night.

You and Ultra should get together sometime.

:wub:

I agree with your comments, however, I think you missed out the word 'some'.

Most blame has to be focused on RK and the players.

I agree MM should have got rid of RK earlier.

A lot of the delays in the takeover were in fact down to the ineptitude of the board, and their failure to present a proper financial picture of the club - that act was either incompetence or unlawful, so you can't really blame him for that. If I was buying a car and found it had actually been around the clock I would put in a seriously revised figure, as would you I expect!!

I think that of all the managers available and champing at the bit to get here, Worthington was quite a good selection. I had my reservations but he seems to have spotted a lot that has been missed by his previous incumbents.

Well im sick to death of hearing about the delayed takeover its just another excuse to go with the rest.

You can't really argue with the facts though... if it had gone through quicker, we would have been able to spend some money on decent players instead of loan players...

You can't really argue with the facts though... if it had gone through quicker, we would have been able to spend some money on decent players instead of loan players...

Of course facts are facts, but it still does'nt take away from how poor we've been, and even with this bunch of players we should be in mid-table security, i dunno maybe im being silly ?.

It's easy to point the finger when ultimately the team is performing so poorly, but at the end of the day we have been in demise for a couple of years now and the Coventry match in a sense put Mandy into a false sense of security. The team has been in freefall since then so there has been little time for anyone to make an impact. We really needed the players to stand up and be counted, but they haven't, they've been absolutely pathetic and shown no initiative and passion to pull the club away from the foot of the table. I'm therefore placing alot of blame on the playing squad, they may not be the greatest players technically, but hard work and organisation can go a long way and on my personal observation the majority just don't seem to show any desire to do their best. It's a disgrace

Of course facts are facts, but it still does'nt take away from how poor we've been, and even with this bunch of players we should be in mid-table security, i dunno maybe im being silly ?.

I don't think you're being silly - I think if the players had been fitter, then maybe they would have played better and confidence would be higher as would our position? Guess we'll never know...

I don't think you're being silly - I think if the players had been fitter, then maybe they would have played better and confidence would be higher as would our position? Guess we'll never know...

They looked pretty fit to me in the last 25 minutes last night, even the Gee Gee put in some kind of effort, but then he needs a new contract.

I agree MM should have got rid of RK earlier.

A lot of the delays in the takeover were in fact down to the ineptitude of the board, and their failure to present a proper financial picture of the club - that act was either incompetence or unlawful, so you can't really blame him for that. If I was buying a car and found it had actually been around the clock I would put in a seriously revised figure, as would you I expect!!

I think that of all the managers available and champing at the bit to get here, Worthington was quite a good selection. I had my reservations but he seems to have spotted a lot that has been missed by his previous incumbents.

Oh FFS. The board did little wrong, Milan delayed on every little detail to up the pressure and drop the price. It's called Negotiation, and Milan gambled on the club not having to worry about relegation. Let's hope he doesn't lose his gamble. There were no surprise debts, just an agreement with Teachers to renegotiate the terms of the Stadium deal in the event of a takeover.

You cannot be serious by blaming Mandaric, you've got a blinkered approach that often mirrors our style of style, dire. He''s been here 5 minutes, surely you should blame the old board and their actions over delaying the takeover. Its still in our hands, but I can't see a win for love nor money at the mo....

city would be in this mess with or without mandaric simply becasue they havent been good enough. blame who you want but lets get things into perspective here.

leicester city with milan mandaric are in a lot more stabler position financially and to build on platforms for the future than they have ever been. FACT!

it is incredible but not surprising that the snipers are out already.

whats the alternative?? to be in this position but without any financial backing but still the shocking performances. it is not milans fault the players are unfit or cant trap a ball or pass it or carry out the simplest of techniques you are taught when you are at under 10s level.

and why on earth would mandaric buy a football club, where the majority of income is circulated through the purchasing and selling of players, then deliberately put off securing the deal to avoid signing any players??? this makes no sense

worthingtom was a surprise choice but in these situations its the players who should come to the fore and rise to the challenge. its their performances which have caused this.

but air is thick with irony. leicester city for the first time get a multi millionaire owner and then get relegated!! maybe.

The mess we are in isnt down to Manadaric, its down to the players and the coaching staff.

There is no doubt in my mind that even the average squad we have can churn out results because its happened on many occasions this season. We can also turn out some good performances as seen this season, usually against the bigger clubs of the division or in the cups. Its a failure from the coaching staff that they cant maintain good levels throughout the season and the manager for not motivating these donkeys on to a level even beyond there ability.

MM has made the decision to sack RK with 5 games to go because he saw the shambolic performances that we have been putting together recently, most recently at Plymouth but that hasnt worked out because Wortho, despite his best efforts, cant turn these sad twats into winners. The question is, will they finally come good and get us out of this hellish situation?

They looked pretty fit to me in the last 25 minutes last night, even the Gee Gee put in some kind of effort, but then he needs a new contract.

Great spot DavieG!!! I've been saying all along that the "unfit" tag is a red herring.......

Archived