Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Didn't seem to affect us too much batting yesterday? Yes, there have been a fair few low-scoring games knocking about in the past couple of weeks, but I think people are giving the conditions too much credit and poor batting technique too little credit here. It's an easy excuse for the losing side at this time of year.

This is the most sensible post I’ve read in quite a while, the batting technique of the Durham batters was awful.

We need a new opening bat (again) some big hitters for 1 day cricket who can also play 4 day and a spinner who takes wickets.

It would make sense to have a smaller squad of better players who play all forms of the game rather than having a mediocre big squad.

Edited by Mark 'expert' Lawrenson
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

We need a new opening bat (again) some big hitters for 1 day cricket who can also play 4 day and a spinner who takes wickets.

It would make sense to have a smaller squad of better players who play all forms of the game rather than having a mediocre big squad.

Agreed. Azhar Zaidi released from Essex would be good. Left arm spin, lots of experience. Averages 36 with the bat and 29 with the ball. He is 36 but we have alot of younger players. Be a good fit I think.

4 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Ravi Patel released by Middlesex a couple of weeks ago, he might fit the bill if we are looking for a spinner

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/45554573

Yep good call. 

Monty wants back in. Could give him a trial? What do we have to lose. Parkinson's wickets are at about 80 so I think he'd improve that. Parkinson is a decent white ball bowler.