Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

35 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Parky was smashed in 1 day cricket wasn’t he?

Yep this year he was in the 50 over games. T20 went ok. Whether he is good enough just is out. Always appears to give 100percent. 

Need another spinner though. At least a spinner that can tie an end up. 

There are plenty that give 100percent thought. It's no substitute for talent.

Our whole top 6 failed this year. Only Ackerman got a ton all year and he tailed off badly.

I can see Cosgrove having one more decent season. I can see Horton being a good captain. But we need serious runs.

3 go up next season. We need to gamble and get a couple of solid lads in.

10 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Our whole top 6 failed this year. Only Ackerman got a ton all year and he tailed off badly.

I can see Cosgrove having one more decent season. I can see Horton being a good captain. But we need serious runs.

Agree with your sentiments but the big challenge is the lack of decent batters in the country. If they’re decent their current county wouldn’t let them go. Fingers crossed we can find one or two. I do think Harry Dearden has made some progress this season but the question is can he score a ton or two next season. The lack of 100s, or even 50s, is extraordinary. The batting group needs to work on both technique and mindset. Even Coz, who we know can be a superb bat, looked stuck on the crease whenever I saw him bat 

14 hours ago, HaroldBazBo said:

Plenty that don't give 100 percent also, I'm not sure about the talent either! Wells and Eckersley had talent but didn't want it enough.

We do need a couple of top quality bats. I agree.

Abbas returning, seam bowling best in years.

On 19/09/2018 at 18:56, everton carr said:

Hope so but Abbas not available understand we are  in in advanced talks to sign Wessels from Notts would be a great signing

This Wessels source, would they by any chance be the same as the Barker source? Any mention of Thakor or Ollie Raynor? 

17 hours ago, Narborough Bod said:

This Wessels source, would they by any chance be the same as the Barker source? Any mention of Thakor or Ollie Raynor? 

Common knowledge we were in the hunt for both Barker and Wessels never heard the Ollie Raynor  rumour before not sure we could afford him

4 hours ago, everton carr said:

Common knowledge we were in the hunt for both Barker and Wessels never heard the Ollie Raynor  rumour before not sure we could afford him

So not the same person who said that the deals were done & we were just waiting for formal release from Warks / Notts before we announced them. Because that was doing the rounds.

Shame though, both would probably have improved our squad.

2 hours ago, Narborough Bod said:

So not the same person who said that the deals were done & we were just waiting for formal release from Warks / Notts before we announced them. Because that was doing the rounds.

Shame though, both would probably have improved our squad.

Maybe? Barker told Radio WM that he was approached by Leicestershire. Would have been good. Hampshire have alot of money. 

28 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Lilley is a good signing, but we are crying out for batsmen a more experienced opener to replace Carberry and better no.3 as well. i think we could probably field a full XI of allrounders :) 

Agreed

Two top six batsmen to go straight into the starting eleven. Ackerman and Cosgrove always exposed. Realistically not three and four those two. 

On 03/10/2018 at 22:27, Cardiff_Fox said:

Seems like the Wessles deal to Worcs was part of a mutual agreement for Joe Clarke to Notts.

Basically you can have Clarke if Wessels comes here with the available budget we have

I know Wessels is the wrong side of 30 but that could turn to out to be a better deal for Worcs, given that Clarke will probably walk into the England squad now he's moved to a test ground side

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Cake said:

Agreed

Two top six batsmen to go straight into the starting eleven. Ackerman and Cosgrove always exposed. Realistically not three and four those two. 

totally agree Ackermann is a quality bat but probably not against the new ball and Cosgrove is totally out of form and could be better lower down the order.

Difficult to see an obvious candidate. Karl Brown released from Lancashire, good white ball record. Average red ball record but seldom played could be a good punt. Give him a year?

Calvin Dickinson from Hampshire, keeps wicket, young, supposed to be the next big thing but only played four times last year. Averages mid 30s. 

Could be ambitious and try for Daniel Bell Drummond dropped at Kent or pushed down to six. Might struggle next year as they are looking to bring players in. Could make him an offer!

Edited by Cake