Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

37 minutes ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Agrees on the batting line up, don't think Kimber gets in for me.

No Ollie Robinson for Sussex but they've got Jayden Seales from WI.

Good weather forecast for next three days so should get a result.

Watched him last week at Hove. He's very quick and bowled well v Northants. Not bowling well today. Good start Leics.

1 hour ago, Silebyfox_89 said:

Agrees on the batting line up, don't think Kimber gets in for me.

No Ollie Robinson for Sussex but they've got Jayden Seales from WI.

Good weather forecast for next three days so should get a result.

Decent start. Bowling seems overly full from what I can see. Poor shot from Harris. Kimbers was even worse. No.idea what he was trying. 

Edited by Cakey

1 hour ago, Stadt said:

Trevaskis’ bowling average is errr high. I don’t watch any cricket outside of Leics. Is he talented?

Suspect, given his batting, we saw him as a kind of a halfway house signing to cover both Ackermann and Parkinson going the other way.

• Like 1

They should have bowled 'ol golden arm Ackermann earlier, he comes on and breaks the partnership at 348 with just the 11th ball for his new county....albeit, the previous 10 had been plastered around Edgbaston for 24 runs!

9 hours ago, goody2028 said:

Currently on way back from Plymouth but will be down for the first time in years tomorrow, looking forward to it. If anyone is about for a pint let me know :thumbup:

You might need about 20 to get over that. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Looks like we are a bit thin on the bowling front, or could be just the Kookaburra ball. Warwickshire on course for a very high total - 887 is the record back in 1896

Bit of both, I think. Even if it was hoooung about I think we still struggle to take 20 wickets with today's attack.

Yeah that was weird. I couldn't see that well from the distance I was but they seemed to be disputing them and bowling with rhythm while doing it. 

Obviously impossible to tell where I am. Mist have been marginal though as no notable difference. Didn't change or measure run ups etc afterwards

Sparse crowd from the stream, though that's not surprising, maybe more will turn up in the afternoon. If entry was free, would that make any difference or would you get people turning up that the club would rather not have? Was ever the problem though, even in the 80s I used to go during my school holidays and there weren't many there.

Even if I lived in Leicester, I don't think I would go as I am too busy. What works best for me is actually the streaming, where I can work and have the stream open on another window. I would probably pay a subscription for an improved stream.

34 minutes ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Sparse crowd from the stream, though that's not surprising, maybe more will turn up in the afternoon. If entry was free, would that make any difference or would you get people turning up that the club would rather not have? Was ever the problem though, even in the 80s I used to go during my school holidays and there weren't many there.

Even if I lived in Leicester, I don't think I would go as I am too busy. What works best for me is actually the streaming, where I can work and have the stream open on another window. I would probably pay a subscription for an improved stream.

I thought there was a fair few there yesterday (for a County Champ match that is) and it was busiest just after lunch.