Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sods

Leicestershire County Cricket Club

Given the weather forecast for Monday, I would have been declaring once the lead ticked over past 200. I hope the unnecessary batting practice costs them the win.

On another subject, Somerset say they expect Jack Leach back in action next month with Shoaib Bashir almost certain to be going out on loan. Given we don't have a true frontline spinner, would you take him?

2 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

Given the weather forecast for Monday, I would have been declaring once the lead ticked over past 200. I hope the unnecessary batting practice costs them the win.

On another subject, Somerset say they expect Jack Leach back in action next month with Shoaib Bashir almost certain to be going out on loan. Given we don't have a true frontline spinner, would you take him?

Yes absolutely 

5 minutes ago, LBTufty said:

100%

22 hours ago, MaidstoneFox said:

Sparse crowd from the stream, though that's not surprising, maybe more will turn up in the afternoon. If entry was free, would that make any difference or would you get people turning up that the club would rather not have? Was ever the problem though, even in the 80s I used to go during my school holidays and there weren't many there.

Even if I lived in Leicester, I don't think I would go as I am too busy. What works best for me is actually the streaming, where I can work and have the stream open on another window. I would probably pay a subscription for an improved stream.

Barely 200 in the ground yesterday. Regarding free tickets would would the point be in selling memberships if the club are just going to give tickets away every 5 minutes?I had hoped with  the improvement shown last year we see see an increased interest  in the club sadly don't seem to be the case although it's still early in the season.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Barely 200 in the ground yesterday. Regarding free tickets would would the point be in selling memberships if the club are just going to give tickets away every 5 minutes?I had hoped with  the improvement shown last year we see see an increased interest  in the club sadly don't seem to be the case although it's still early in the season.

Went Saturday which was a bit better than normal. Not massively tbh but a bit. 

Wasn't a massive incentive to go yesterday

Went to Canterbury the week before son lives there. They seem to get even fewer if possible. Really old also. I was young lol. 

They do get big t20 crowds there. 

7 minutes ago, Cakey said:

Went Saturday which was a bit better than normal. Not massively tbh but a bit. 

Wasn't a massive incentive to go yesterday

Went to Canterbury the week before son lives there. They seem to get even fewer if possible. Really old also. I was young lol. 

They do get big t20 crowds there. 

Surprised to hear about Kent thought they got crowds  around the 1k mark.I know Derby and Northants also struggle with crowds around 200_300 but must admit thought Kent were well supported I know Essex tend to get good crowds at Chelmsford

13 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

Surprised to hear about Kent thought they got crowds  around the 1k mark.I know Derby and Northants also struggle with crowds around 200_300 but must admit thought Kent were well supported I know Essex tend to get good crowds at Chelmsford

It may be when I went. I know they often sell out for T20. Good atmosphere. Nice ground 

Its was very very cold last Saturday. 

Northants struggle. Even with T20s they struggle. 

Agree about free tickets. Free at tea ok but membership is cheap really. 

10 hours ago, Graceroad said:

Try and get people interested who perhaps otherwise wouldn't give going down there a second thought? 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Tommy Fresh said:

Try and get people interested who perhaps otherwise wouldn't give going down there a second thought? 

It was free for City and Tigers season tickets and very few were bothered  and the point remains what's the point in buying a membership if the club are giving away free tickets every game.? Would you be happy going into a chippy and paying a tenner for fish and chips and then finding out other people were getting them free of charge

15 hours ago, Hitesh said:

Screenshot_20240415_182802_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.e109e0d5d8717e034138dab0740edd48.jpg

No results from any game so far!

This is why I don't bother with early season games

The weather we've been having there's no way I'm committing to attending and i think most fans would be the same 

2 hours ago, Lako42 said:

This is why I don't bother with early season games

The weather we've been having there's no way I'm committing to attending and i think most fans would be the same 

I don't know why  we play in the first two weeks of April. This week should be the start. 

I know others don't agree but it's to cold. Always really tbh 

Plus if we have to play the 100 (unfortunately it's still here) why not play some CC games at the same time. 

Same principle as the one day cup changes will have to be made but may even it up. 

Far to many games played in April and September

Edited by Cakey
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Cakey said:

What happened to Uttam Ramji? Played twice last year did OK. We'll better than ok really?

Just vanished after two games. When you consider some of the crap we keep on.

He's in the 2nds squad for the game starting today not currently on a contract  however

2 minutes ago, Graceroad said:

He's in the 2nds squad for the game starting today not currently on a contract  however

OK thanks. Seemed decent enough. In the game I saw. 

Trevaskis is really a decent bat that bowlsca bit from what I can see. Batted very well though. Bowling is tidy. Quite tight. Doesn't seem to spin it really.