Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ThurmastonFox

Mark De Vries. Will he, won't he?

Dundee United boss Craig Levein has admitted an interest in Leicester striker Mark de Vries.

The Dutch forward is out of favour at The Walkers Stadium and spent the season on loan at Dutch outfit ADO Den Haag.

The powerful 31-year-old is unlikely to remain with ADO following their relegation and Levein, who took De Vries to Leicester during his time in charge of The Foxes, is ready to hand him a lifeline.

"I know Mark's been out on loan and he's one I'm keeping an eye on as I could do with someone who can hold the ball up and be a goal threat," Levein told the Daily Record.

"Mark is on the list as Jon Daly's injury means I'm a bit short of options up front.

"Jason Scotland is another but we need to wait and see what happens."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

• 2 weeks later...
Dundee United boss Craig Levein has admitted an interest in Leicester striker Mark de Vries.

The Dutch forward is out of favour at The Walkers Stadium and spent the season on loan at Dutch outfit ADO Den Haag.

The powerful 31-year-old is unlikely to remain with ADO following their relegation and Levein, who took De Vries to Leicester during his time in charge of The Foxes, is ready to hand him a lifeline.

"I know Mark's been out on loan and he's one I'm keeping an eye on as I could do with someone who can hold the ball up and be a goal threat," Levein told the Daily Record.

"Mark is on the list as Jon Daly's injury means I'm a bit short of options up front.

"Jason Scotland is another but we need to wait and see what happens."

http://home.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=4...p;channel=&

doesnt that just say it all about the big fella? he doesnt socre! teams he plays for get relegated! lol.

I want to keep Mark De Vries. I have drastically changed my opinion of him as of late and feel he could be vital to any promotion push we have in the near future.

Spot on. :thumbup:;)

what? 2 scrappy goals vs sheff weds, a tap in vs watford and he was lucky to score vs spurs. nothing he did helped our side drastically and he wont help us again.

De Vries scored nine goals for us in the first half of the 05/06 season. Hume scored nine goals in a whole season. Fryatt scored six goals in half a season. I wasnt saying he should still play for us or that we should keep him, but to say he didnt score goals was a bit unfair. To be honest who cares if goals are scrappy, maybe if our players had scored a few more scrappy goals we would have finished higher up the table. If we can get a striker in who scores 15-20 scrappy goals next season i dont think anyone would care how they were scored.

i agree i dont care how a goal is scored aslong as it hits the back of the net is all that counts. i just think de vries offered nothing except maybe being in the right place at the right time. i'd like a striker who offers something more than de vries.

De Vries scored nine goals for us in the first half of the 05/06 season. Hume scored nine goals in a whole season. Fryatt scored six goals in half a season. I wasnt saying he should still play for us or that we should keep him, but to say he didnt score goals was a bit unfair. To be honest who cares if goals are scrappy, maybe if our players had scored a few more scrappy goals we would have finished higher up the table. If we can get a striker in who scores 15-20 scrappy goals next season i dont think anyone would care how they were scored.

Yeh but some of the chances he missed were unbeliveable, he should have scored at least 15 goals really. In the times where we created alot and scored very little under Levein.

i agree i dont care how a goal is scored aslong as it hits the back of the net is all that counts. i just think de vries offered nothing except maybe being in the right place at the right time. i'd like a striker who offers something more than de vries.

Isn't that a strikers job? Strikers have made their whole careers out of doing that! I'm not sayin De Vries is amazing but the villification he got round here was a little ott IMO.

Good luck to him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Fresh off the bbc gossip column:

Dundee United boss Craig Levein is trying to sign Leicester City's Mark de Vries for a third time on a loan deal. (Scottish Sun)

Ive not seen him play in any of the freindlies, but looking back at the post the vast majority of people would have said that they would let him go without blinking an eyelid. But from reading peoples posts since the friendlies i think a few peoples opinion will have changed.

Im going to reserve judgement for now until ive seen him "in action" after i get back from germany next week.

Personally, I hope we keep him.

Give him a chance, if even as a squad player.

RK didnt seem to get the best out of his players, Fryatt and Stearman in particular but after only a short while Martin Allen seems to be installing a new enthusiasm into the players, giving them belief.

It looks like Mark De Vries is really trying to impress the new manager, looks like he might have lost a stone or 2.

I havent seen him play in any of the friendlies so i cant really give an oppinion though.

I'd keep him, especially if we do sign Fowler. Can't see Fowler playing every week, Cort might get injured, who knows about Fryup. Looking at De Vrey (pmsl!) last night, he's shed more than a couple of pounds. I believe he should be given another chance.

I'm sorry but this guy has got to go, he has lost weight, whoopie-do :rolleyes: , but he shouldn't have put it on in the first place. As a footballer he may be slightly less cumbersome but his touch, heading, shooting and general ability is not noticably better. Plus he is 31 so he is past his best.

Archived