Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
alanf0x

Martin Allen appointed Leicester manager

Perhaps his answer is to avoid the play-offs and get in one of the top two places. :whistle:

If anyone hasn't seen this - watch it. It's hysterical.

MA is fruit the loom mental or amazingly clever & funny. Change that - he's all of them.

BBC Interview

"If I win, and they're good, I don't play them again"

The poor bastard - just watched the press conference...he's planning on watching all the seasons games on DVD. The poor poor bastard...that's something I'd have made Andy Johnson do!

I feel sorry for the interviewer in that... she sounds completely new and inexperienced and she's proper battling to get her questions answered.

Maybe she should have done some research and prepared some half-decent questions...but I'll be loving it if that is what our pre and post-match fayre off him is going to be. :D

Cheating your kids, huh? Quality :thumbup:

Martin Allen is the same guy that spent the past year at the MK Dons indiscriminately getting rid of any players (some of them key players) that didn't show passion and loyalty. Well he certainly doesn't understand those words. He’s taken players down to our new stadium and shown them the future and ambition of the club and got them to sign and then himself contractually reneged yet again with a team and walked out. He dropped two of our best players for our 2nd leg play off and then lost the game.

As soon as this guy gets a whiff of a bigger contract he’s gone. Expect to see him do bizarre things like hire a clapped out coach and take the first team on it to a third rate hotel and then if anyone dares to crticise they're in big trouble. Well any manger can do that but what exactly does that prove treating your players like sh1te?

He didn't achieve his objective at the MK Dons and personally I don't think him and his backroom staff have enough in their lockers to do the business at Leicester either...you're welcome to him.

Why anyone should want to head hunt such a hypocritical and under achieving time waster is anyone’s guess.

Martin Allen is the same guy that spent the past year at the MK Dons indiscriminately getting rid of any players (some of them key players) that didn't show passion and loyalty. Well he certainly doesn't understand those words. He’s taken players down to our new stadium and shown them the future and ambition of the club and got them to sign and then himself contractually reneged yet again with a team and walked out. He dropped two of our best players for our 2nd leg play off and then lost the game.

As soon as this guy gets a whiff of a bigger contract he’s gone. Expect to see him do bizarre things like hire a clapped out coach and take the first team on it to a third rate hotel and then if anyone dares to crticise they're in big trouble. Well any manger can do that but what exactly does that prove treating your players like sh1te?

He didn't achieve his objective at the MK Dons and personally I don't think him and his backroom staff have enough in their lockers to do the business at Leicester either...you're welcome to him.

Why anyone should want to head hunt such a hypocritical and under achieving time waster is anyone’s guess.

lol

I don't think a Milton Keynes Dons fan can really get on their high horse about integrity.

lol

I don't think a Milton Keynes Dons fan can really get on their high horse about integrity.

to true!!

infact they are the last people that should question the integrity of people

Sour grapes. Miton Keynes took Allen from Brentford when he was under contract. Anyway you'll being crying into your cornflakes like Cambridge Utd. fans were after the much maligned John Beck was ousted. The prats couldn't see what he'd achieved for them either. Never mind, you'll probably be playing them soon anyway.

Sour grapes. Miton Keynes took Allen from Brentford when he was under contract. Anyway you'll being crying into your cornflakes like Cambridge Utd. fans were after the much maligned John Beck was ousted. The prats couldn't see what he'd achieved for them either. Never mind, you'll probably be playing them soon anyway.

I think you'll find that Martin Allen was out of contract when the MK Dons took him on. He'd already walked out on Brentford after failing to get them through the play offs the second time running. He's now walked out on us (MK Dons) after failing in the play offs. Not the most impressive CV in the world you'd expect to get head hunted on two divisions up.

Anyway, yes it is sour grapes, but only because he didn't do the business for us and has walked out under contract without meeting his objectives.

Allen had a large budget to play with at the Dons and failed to take them up as he should've done and as I said previously...you're welcome to him. Having said that, I strongly feel that Leicester deserve to be back up in the Premiership. They played some great football under Martin O'neil. The only thing is is that Martin Allen is no O'neil in any shape or form. Allen hasn't performed miracles at a team like Wycombe Wanderers prior to joining you and the worst thing is is that he certainly won't honour a contract like O'neil. The moment someone waves a cheque book under his nose he'll be gone and that is seemingly whether he does a rubbish job or not.

It was a just year ago when I was thinking what an inspired choice it was when our chairman appointed Allen. I then surfed around at the time and read lots of postings from Brentford fans of the exact type that i'm now posting now about him. Well I didn't understand it at the time and was inclined to think sour grapes myself, but with hindsight I now know exactly what they meant.

I think you'll find that Martin Allen was out of contract when the MK Dons took him on. He'd already walked out on Brentford after failing to get them through the play offs the second time running. He's now walked out on us (MK Dons) after failing in the play offs.

Not the most impressive CV in the world you'd expect to get head hunted on two divisions up.

Anyway, it's not sour grapes at all. As I said previously...you're welcome to him. Having said that, I strongly feel that Leicester deserve to be back up in the Premiership. They played some great football under Martin O'neil. The only thing is is that Martin Allen is no O'neil in any shape or form. Allen hasn't performed miracles at a team like Wycombe Wanderers prior to joining you and the worst thing is is that he certainly won't honour a contract like O'neil. The moment someone waves a cheque book under his nose he'll be gone.

It was a just year ago when I was thinking what an inspired choice when our chairman appointed Allen. I then surfed around at the time and read lots of postings from Brentford fans of the exact type that i'm now posting now about him. Well I didn't understand it at the time and was inclined to think sour grapes myself, but with hindsight I now know exactly what they meant.

He actually ruled out speaking to us when we sacked Levein and he was manager of Brentford.

I am of the opinion that managers should be allowed to further their ambition given the chance. I didn't begrudge Martin O'Neill when he left to join Celtic. Allen has steadied the ship with you lot. Billy Davies has failed in the play-offs numerous occasions with Preston and may well do so again with Derby on Monday (fingers crossed) but you wouldn't slag him off for "not [having] the most impressive CV in the world."

We know only too well from the past few years what an achievement it is for a manager to turn around a failing team and get them to win games on a consistent basis as managers like Martin Allen and Billy Davies have done in recent years.

The bottom line is that no-one in their right mind would turn down the chance to jump two divisions in their football career. If we had not approached him, he would still be happily at MK Dons.

We are an actual football club with actual history. When Brian Little walked out on us to join Villa, it hurt. When Mark McGhee walked out on us to join Wolves, it hurt. When Martin O'Neill "walked out" (although I think that's as dodgy a description as you saying Allen walked out on you) on us to join Celtic, it hurt.

Until you are Manchester United, get used to it. If you have a decent manager, someone else better will want him and he will leave you.

I think you'll find that Martin Allen was out of contract when the MK Dons took him on. He'd already walked out on Brentford after failing to get them through the play offs the second time running. He's now walked out on us (MK Dons) after failing in the play offs.

Not the most impressive CV in the world you'd expect to get head hunted on two divisions up.

Anyway, it's not sour grapes at all. Allen had a large budget to play with at the Dons and failed to take them up as he should've done and as I said previously...you're welcome to him. Having said that, I strongly feel that Leicester deserve to be back up in the Premiership. They played some great football under Martin O'neil. The only thing is is that Martin Allen is no O'neil in any shape or form. Allen hasn't performed miracles at a team like Wycombe Wanderers prior to joining you and the worst thing is is that he certainly won't honour a contract like O'neil. The moment someone waves a cheque book under his nose he'll be gone.

It was a just year ago when I was thinking what an inspired choice when our chairman appointed Allen. I then surfed around at the time and read lots of postings from Brentford fans of the exact type that i'm now posting now about him. Well I didn't understand it at the time and was inclined to think sour grapes myself, but with hindsight I now know exactly what they meant.

Agree with you about Martin O'Neill. The point I seek to make is that the "bigger" fish will always come poaching. I still think Allen was under contract when Milton Keynes appointed him, albeit their hold on him loosened.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ord/5031652.stm

Anyway, it's not sour grapes at all. Allen had a large budget to play with at the Dons and failed to take them up as he should've done and as I said previously...you're welcome to him. Having said that, I strongly feel that Leicester deserve to be back up in the Premiership. They played some great football under Martin O'neil. The only thing is is that Martin Allen is no O'neil in any shape or form. Allen hasn't performed miracles at a team like Wycombe Wanderers prior to joining you and the worst thing is is that he certainly won't honour a contract like O'neil. The moment someone waves a cheque book under his nose he'll be gone and that is seemingly whether he does a rubbish job or not.

It was a just year ago when I was thinking what an inspired choice it was when our chairman appointed Allen. I then surfed around at the time and read lots of postings from Brentford fans of the exact type that i'm now posting now about him. Well I didn't understand it at the time and was inclined to think sour grapes myself, but with hindsight I now know exactly what they meant.

If he goes at any whiff of more money or a higher job, why did he come out saying he didn't want the Leicester job last year?

If you have a decent manager, someone else better will want him and he will leave you.

All the managers you mentioned were/are decent managers. On what grounds though do you count Allen as a decent manager?

The worst irony is that the manager that we sacked last year, Danny Wilson, ended up getting automatic promotion with Hartlepool on a slender budget. Allen on the other hand, and as far as i'm aware, had the largest budget to play with in the division and still failed and that's inspite of signing several players from the Championship. If that's decent....hmmm.

The thing is that all the games i've watched under Allen they looked poor.

One thing you should expect to see under Allen is him very animatedly constantly screaming orders at his players throughout the 90 minutes of a game. Nothing wrong with that I suppose until you see the players turning around and pointing at themselves and saying "who me". Personally, if I was a player i'd find it very off putting. Believe me, you don't see any other manager doing it to his extent.

All the managers you mentioned were/are decent managers. On what grounds though do you count Allen as a decent manager?

The worst irony is that the manager that we sacked last year, Danny Wilson, ended up getting automatic promotion with Hartlepool on a slender budget. Allen on the other hand, and as far as i'm aware, had the largest budget to play with in the division and still failed and that's inspite of signing several players from the Championship. If that's decent....hmmm.

The thing is that all the games i've watched under Allen they looked poor.

One thing you should expect to see under Allen is him very animatedly constantly screaming orders at his players throughout the 90 minutes of a game. Nothing wrong with that I suppose until you see the players turning around and pointing at themselves and saying "who me". Personally, if I was a player i'd find it very off putting. Believe me, you don't see any other manager doing it to his extent.

sounds like your glad he's gone, so why are you so bitter. :dunno:

sounds like your glad he's gone, so why are you so bitter. :dunno:

I wouldn't say that i'm bitter, just surprised that a team like Leicester have come in for him when his only real attribute seems to be his passion. It seems that quality alone gets you in demand nowadays.

To be honest, there's nothing at all wrong about being ambitious and wanting to fulfill those ambitions, but sorry, i'm just always going to have a problem when a manger walks out after spending the past year giving guided tours to the fans and new signings at our new stadium and aside from that hasn't produced the goods.

If he gets you up i'll gladly wipe the egg off my face and say well done but i'll also be genuinely surprised too.

Have to agree the MK Dons fan's view there.Martin Allen would'nt know the word loyalty if it hit him in the face,so if he does well for you Leicester fans next season and a premiership club like Westham for example comes in for him,don't expect him to stay.

Have to agree the MK Dons fan's view there.Martin Allen would'nt know the word loyalty if it hit him in the face,so if he does well for you Leicester fans next season and a premiership club like Westham for example comes in for him,don't expect him to stay.

Well I'd never have guessed a football manager that moved onto a bigger club following some degree of success., that doesn't happen to LCFC does it, Frank O'Farrell :yesyes: , Brian Little :yesyes: , Mark McGhee :yesyes: , Martin O'Neal :yesyes: .

People do this in every walk of life it's called reality, having a career, wanting to be the best at whatever you do , ambition, why would any manager need to show loyalty, players don't that's for fans?

I'll tell you something I hope he does move onto a bigger club because that means he will have been successful. If he ends up at Forest :cool: or the like it probably means we've joined you in Division 3

To be honest him doing well with us will mean that he we are in the premiership, therefore who exactly would he move to apart from a top six club? but why would they want him?

No offence to MK Dons and Brentford but a hell of alot of clubs are a step up from them.

The point is is he a decent manager? Until proved wrong i'd say that there's no evidence of that. A Cloughie or O'Neil miracle worker he most definitely aint and as his objective at the Dons was promotion he failed there even with the largest budget in the league.

All he's done so far is fail in the play offs and walk out on clubs. He also got rid of half our team at MK Dons for no apparent reason (ex captain Ben Chorley being the most inexplicable) for no other reason then they probably didn't share "his loyalty" and laugh at his jokes.

"Loyalty"...funnily enough, he's now gone himself just after having another last minute contract cancelling session last Monday. Some of those players are rightly saying that decision should've been left to the next manager.

If passion is enough justification to get a manager up a couple of divisions then he's your man. It's just that if our experience is anything to go by the passion isn't combined with decent football, a happy changing room and any success.

The point is is he a decent manager? Until proved wrong i'd say that there's no evidence of that. A Cloughie or O'Neil miracle worker he most definitely aint and as his objective at the Dons was promotion he failed there even with the largest budget in the league.

All he's done so far is fail in the play offs and walk out on clubs. He also got rid of half our team at MK Dons for no apparent reason (ex captain Ben Chorley being the most inexplicable) for no other reason then they probably didn't share "his loyalty" and laugh at his jokes.

"Loyalty"...funnily enough, he's now gone himself just after having another last minute contract cancelling session last Monday. Some of those players are rightly saying that decision should've been left to the next manager.

If passion is enough justification to get a manager up a couple of divisions then he's your man. It's just that if our experience is anything to go by the passion isn't combined with decent football, a happy changing room and any success.

It's understandable why you feel so bitter RedOnRed. Perhaps you preferred the terminal decline MK were in until Allen joined. And if his football is as bad as you suggest, why did your average gates go up this season even though you were in a lower league?

Archived