Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Molson Canadian

Canada Dominant in 3-0 Win, Hume rides the bench

The Canadian Men’s National Team advanced to the Gold Cup semi-final today in impressive fashion with a lopsided 3-0 victory over Guatemala at Gillette Stadium in Foxborough, Massachusetts.

From the opening whistle, the Canadians maintained possession and controlled play with crisp passing in midfield, pushing the Guatemalans into a defensive shell in an attempt to protect their goal.

2 goals from Ali Gerba, and a own goal by Guatemala

Hume came on in the 67th minute for Gerba, but didn't do much, took a fall looked like it was his ankle that was bothering him had to sit out for about 5 minutes and came back in

Canada are now into the semi finals

he may of been our best player last season but he was hardly spectacular, he was just more consistant then the other sh1t fookers we had in our team

You're going to invoke the ire of the Hume Klux Klan if you come out with words like that round these here parts.

I can hear a lynch mob being formed already - run Jimmy, run! ;)

he may of been our best player last season but he was hardly spectacular, he was just more consistant then the other sh1t fookers we had in our team

i agree he was hardly top quality - i mean 13 goals was ok but not exactly promotion form for our top striker. His performances were just glorified because of the bollocks showings from the rest of the squad. Definately agree he was good, at times very good. But not this absolutely spectacular player and hero people see him as.

i agree he was hardly top quality - i mean 13 goals was ok but not exactly promotion form for our top striker. His performances were just glorified because of the bollocks showings from the rest of the squad. Definately agree he was good, at times very good. But not this absolutely spectacular player and hero people see him as.

But without him we would have gone down.

His goals were the main reason we stayed up last season.

So for that reason he is a Hero.

But without him we would have gone down.

His goals were the main reason we stayed up last season.

So for that reason he is a Hero.

ok i see your point

wouldnt be too sad if he wasnt a permanent fixture next season. think there's better strikers out there in terms of trying for promotion.

Canada had a goal disallowed 4 minutes into injury time for offside.

Last touch was off of a septic centre backs head.

Canada were robbed.

I'd agree with that, The penalty against the Canadian goalkeeper was not right and the disallowed goal was a travesty. Iain Hume score a great goal for Canada and later saved off the line when it looked like a third US goal was going in ..........definitely the super sub.

I thought I would see Looky all over this thread or a new one, where are you?

I'd agree with that, The penalty against the Canadian goalkeeper was not right and the disallowed goal was a travesty. Iain Hume score a great goal for Canada and later saved off the line when it looked like a third US goal was going in ..........definitely the super sub.

I thought I would see Looky all over this thread or a new one, where are you?

I thought it was a penalty. He caught Beasley. Just.

I thought it was a penalty. He caught Beasley. Just.

I replayed it several times, the goalkeeper went for the ball, his arms were outstretched and Beasley fell over his arms. There was never any attempt to impede the player IMO

I replayed it several times, the goalkeeper went for the ball, his arms were outstretched and Beasley fell over his arms. There was never any attempt to impede the player IMO

Which is a penalty most of the time. Onstad should never have been that far out. He caught him with his arm.

Besides Bocanegra should have been sent off in the first half for that dreadful challenge.

Barton, show your face, Barton, Barton, show your face!!!!

You must be seething with this news about young Iain.

I wonder whether us England fans feel the same pain about Giggs choosing Wales over England as you do about Hume choosing Canada over Scotland?

Archived