Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
mark1983

Memory lane

brilliant, brilliant game. i must have been only 9 or 10 at the time, and it is one of the first match's that i can remember properly. I remember hating Bergkamp at the time, but now I can appreciate that marvelous hat-trick, his 3rd is one of the best goals I've ever seen in a Leicester game.

That game was everything that is good about football. Fond memories indeed.

brilliant, brilliant game. i must have been only 9 or 10 at the time, and it is one of the first match's that i can remember properly. I remember hating Bergkamp at the time, but now I can appreciate that marvelous hat-trick, his 3rd is one of the best goals I've ever seen in a Leicester game.

That game was everything that is good about football. Fond memories indeed.

noone ever seems to show the wrighty walshy bust up.... :dunno:

The best game I've ever seen by some distance. Arsenal were chuffing brilliant in that game, but here were the Foxes giving it their all and staying in contention when it would have been so easy for them to be turned over and absolutely torn apart.

I was in Pen 1 and when we equalised to make it 2-2 at the end of normal time the place just erupted and everyone went mad, it was absolutely joyous. We were carried down to the front from about a third of the way up the stand by a surge and it was at that point the best goal celebration you could imagine, but the joy turned to despair when blooming Bergkamp beats Elliot and slots in that wonder goal. Well into injury time it looks all over and it's like a funeral until that ball is floated in and Walsh scores with a training ground header right in front of us.

The weird thing was that I thought he was going to score well before the ball got anywhere near his head, and no one really did anything to stop him, so I thought maybe there was an infringement or something...it seemed too good to be true. But it was true. And we went mental. It was the joy to wanting to stick one's head in the oven to joy again that made it completely brilliant. I don't think an inconsequential point will ever be celebrated as much ever again

I remember thinking that the ref had cheated us when DB scored the third.Brilliant memories. I wish they'd have shown the bit were Walshie squared upto Wright at the end.

Can we have a thread where all of these youtube videos we've seen a thousand times can be posted?

Ee you're a miserable bugger, you're not even a moderator so why you feel the need to stick your neck in I really don't know.

What great memories. We had a magnificent team there - Kaamark was fantastic from those highlights, not to mention Lennon, Savage, Izzet, Walsh, Elliott, Heskey et al. I just hope we get to witness that sort of team and success in the future.

Archived