Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
spencfox79

Nottingham forest - 2nd round of the cup

I love Thomas Hancock. And also Jim at the ticket office for getting me an extra ticket. I am now definitely attending this game, hopefully standing at the back with the usual offenders. Hope to see most of you all there.

Deeeecent

Welcome Back Jme!

I just couldn't stay away from you, sir. You are always worth a read. Though I'll keep my tomfoolery in General Chat when I post this time around. ;):P

Best behave yourself Jamie!!!.... :whistle::D

I shall indeed behave myself. I'll do as everybody else does, just not go onto the concourse this time around. ;)

Now, in terms of the game, who is in with the initial 4,400? I'd like to know who I shall be standing and creating a racket with.

I love Thomas Hancock. And also Jim at the ticket office for getting me an extra ticket. I am now definitely attending this game, hopefully standing at the back with the usual offenders. Hope to see most of you all there.

I also heard that KilworthFox will be among the ***cough*** "usual offenders" for that particular occasion :whistle:

I just couldn't stay away from you, sir. You are always worth a read. Though I'll keep my tomfoolery in General Chat when I post this time around. ;):P

I shall indeed behave myself. I'll do as everybody else does, just not go onto the concourse this time around. ;)

Now, in terms of the game, who is in with the initial 4,400? I'd like to know who I shall be standing and creating a racket with.

Us of course you'll be no doubt delighted to know.

Sorted out travel now then?

Who the ****in hell are you?

;)

I dont want to cause mass panic in the forum,or indeed mass hysteria,but i have been enformed(by a very good friend of mine!!! :whistle: ) that i have 2 tickets for the Forest game!!! :clap:

(I will be taking the Mrs as she doesn't want me going on my own!!! :D:cry: )

I dont want to cause mass panic in the forum,or indeed mass hysteria,but i have been enformed(by a very good friend of mine!!! :whistle: ) that i have 2 tickets for the Forest game!!! :clap:

(I will be taking the Mrs as she doesn't want me going on my own!!! :D:cry: )

I'll see you there Raj :cheers:

Train station is a good 20 minute walk though or there abouts?

Not the best of games to risk it....?

I agree, if we pan them 5-0 then i pity those walking back to catch the train with a host of drunken Forest Yobs ready and waiting to kick the **** into anyone wearing blue...

But hell, risk it if you like :thumbup:

Which one are you?

The mrs, clearly.

Thomas, what are we doing about travel to this blasted game? I need to know really, mate. I'm worried I won't get there.

For those of you who are unaware, Thomas is KilworthFox and he was the man in the Mercury today with his Forest match ticket and Season Ticket in hand. Good man.

The mrs, clearly.

Thomas, what are we doing about travel to this blasted game? I need to know really, mate. I'm worried I won't get there.

For those of you who are unaware, Thomas is KilworthFox and he was the man in the Mercury today with his Forest match ticket and Season Ticket in hand. Good man.

Looks like a strong possibility that I will have to drive James. Is it your mission to make all the girls on here swoon today? :wub::yesyes:

http://www.forest.vitalfootball.co.uk/article.asp?a=79943

Poor reporting!

Nottingham Forest take on Leicester City in the 2nd round of the Carling Cup on Tuesday and it would appear that City fans are mad for it. So much so that there has been such a scramble for tickets, that NFFC have today issued them with another 900.

The total allocation for Leicester will be around 5,300, which is excellent really for the early stages of a competition that is in all honesty a poor relation to the more illustrious FA Cup.

The interest in this fixture on Trentside is a little cooler. Not so much a scramble for tickets, more a gentle saunter down to the ground when we have the time and if we can be bothered. After all it's only Leicester City, which isn't exactly a local Derby except for the fact that both sides are in the East Midlands.

Everyone in Nottingham knows there is only one true rival for any Forest fan and that is with our old foes from down the A52 at Prideless Park in Sheepshire. The poor Foxes come a very distant second in terms of rivalry and hardly registers on the scale with most fans, but in Leicester it seems that they really want us to hate them and are in dire need of a rival to call their own. Surely the Sky Blue of Coventry would be better suited for them? Apparently not, they are almost insistent that it's us, but as hard as I try I can't do that. At worst I dislike them, but only because of Gary Lineker and his comments about Forest before the Chelsea game last year and also because he's a poor substitute for Des Lynam on MOTD. I suppose if I was pushed I could throw their former player Robbie the Savage into the mix, but even then it 's hardly reason to hate them.

You see, you can't make or invent a rivalry, it has to be earned and Leicester have along way to go before they can be considered as our local rivals. 5,300 of them will tell us different on Tuesday and a healthy home crowd will do their best to reciprocate, but don't hold your breath.

Archived