Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simi

Tennis

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

It does help though when most of the current top ranked women are bunch of bottlers.

I'm always amazed by the inconsistency of the women. That's not a generalisation, it's just true.

A perfectly played point followed by 3 double faults, usually 18 inches wide or long, balls ballooning into the crowd. It's just too commonplace. The men can do that too but it's rare.

Navratilova, Graf, Williams are all fantastic players, no doubt, but their consistency always put them above the rest.

Serena's serve has always got her out of a lot of trouble and she has an unbelievable desire to win.

On grass though, the women's games can often be interesting, especially if they both either play consistently or both have a melt down at the same time.

Hope this post doesn't offend anyone, probably does though.

Edited by Max Wall
  • Like 1

great match between Kerber and Kasatkina. 

Kasatkina trying to stay in the match in this 2nd set pulling out some incredible shots including some cheeky dropshots. 

She's saved about 5 match points but keeps losing the next point on deuce.

Edited by StanSP
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, StanSP said:

great match between Kerber and Kasatkina. 

Kasatkina trying to stay in the match in this 2nd set pulling out some incredible shots including some cheeky dropshots. 

She's saved about 5 match points but keeps losing the next point on deuce.

Simply brilliant game at 5-6

Fantastic insight from Murray on BBC1 just now, spoke far more sense than anybody else over the past week.

As for the Women's Quarters today they all delivered, Kerber vs Kasatkina at times was sensational.

4 hours ago, kingfox said:

Fantastic insight from Murray on BBC1 just now, spoke far more sense than anybody else over the past week.

As for the Women's Quarters today they all delivered, Kerber vs Kasatkina at times was sensational.

Not massively difficult that but yeah, hope it's a long time before he's in the punditry/commentary box full time though.

Following the Wimbledon Junior Championships with some interest, because there's an up-and-coming 17-year old Swiss girl on a roll right now - particularly fascinating, because she's never played on grass before and had to go through the qualifying process to get there. Now in the Round of 16.

Shame these matches aren't televised.

Federer obviously proving too much for Anderson despite the latter's best efforts. Can never not be impressed by Federer's calmness on the court under intense pressure.

Djokovic vs Nishikori is slightly more even but Djokovic has just broken in the 3rd set.

Nishikori was playing brilliantly until he squandered three break points in the beginning of the third, he's been shit since then while Novak has raised a level.

Didn't expect Anderson to push Federer this hard.

6 hours ago, Super_horns said:

Wimbledon are probably quite pleased England missed out on the final now - otherwise the TV rating would have been even smaller!

I guess. I'll watch the world cup final anyway, but on the other hand I find the prospect of Isner or Anderson in this final more intriguing than one between Federer, Nadal, Djokovic or Murray.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Facecloth said:

I guess. I'll watch the world cup final anyway, but on the other hand I find the prospect of Isner or Anderson in this final more intriguing than one between Federer, Nadal, Djokovic or Murray.

I would too, but tbh the past shows pretty clearly how almost any GS final between Fed/Nadal/Djoko/Murray and A.N. Other goes and it's very predictable. Unless your name is Wawrinka, that is.

Expect the winner of Nadal/Djoko to barely have to break a sweat in the final.

3 hours ago, Super_horns said:

True but for a fair weather support of either it might not appeal as much.

After all I reckon most of the Wimbledon crowd prefer Federer to Murray..

Which is a damn shame.

43 minutes ago, MC Prussian said:

That young Swiss girl now through to the semi-finals in the Wimbledon Junior Championships... Go, Leonie!:scarf:

Surprisingly for the girls singles, it'll most likely be a couple of Wangs in the final.

4 minutes ago, Facecloth said:

Surprisingly for the girls singles, it'll most likely be a couple of Wangs in the final.

I heard Swiatek to be the favourite, but with the run Küng is currently on, I can see her in the final.

It's all working in her favour, she hasn't dropped a single set yet since entering through the qualifying stages. Confidence is high, and she likes the surface a lot, despite it being a premiere.