Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Moreton

The Voice of the Foxes

One of the Smurfs would be better than Barber but I agree. The bloke has got some enthusiasm for the job and for the club. He tries to paint a picture of what's going on and, from what's been said afterwards by people who attended a particular match, he seems to have been fairly successful.

With Barber you might have got a weather bulletin but you knew next to sod-all about what was happening on the field and afterwards, listeners views often suggested they'd been tuned to a totally different match to those who went.

It's a sad summary to say the thing I miss most about Barber was his gaffs, particularly those that were down to his apparent lack of research and I hope it's the last time we have a non-supporter as a commentator.

One of the Smurfs would be better than Barber but I agree. The bloke has got some enthusiasm for the job and for the club. He tries to paint a picture of what's going on and, from what's been said afterwards by people who attended a particular match, he seems to have been fairly successful.

With Barber you might have got a weather bulletin but you knew next to sod-all about what was happening on the field and afterwards, listeners views often suggested they'd been tuned to a totally different match to those who went.

It's a sad summary to say the thing I miss most about Barber was his gaffs, particularly those that were down to his apparent lack of research and I hope it's the last time we have a non-supporter as a commentator.

I put it down to ignorance. A lot of Barber's mistakes were basic knowledge.

I haven't heard Stringer yet, I may listen to him at the match on Saturday. At least he's a fan, he'll know his stuff and have a passion for the team. Sitting next to Walshie will help as well. I can see extreme biased commentary :D:thumbup::scarf:

Yet another arrival from MK Dons :rolleyes: . He was their radio man before coming here.

I wouldn't say that. He was totally biased against us, on the rare occasion we did feature on 3CR.

Hopefully we can give him a nice welcome next Saturday.

Definately a breath of fresh air after the fiasco that was Barbers 'commentary'.

Listening to his interview with Nigel Pearson after the game he actually comes across very well and asks the kind of questions we want to know the answers to as oppose to Barbers 'ITV say it might rain next saturday on their forecast, will this affect your plans in any way?' type of bollocks.

His commentary as well is quality lol

Yeah, I thought him and John Sinclair (?) did a decent job. His excitable "Get on the motorway MK fans" sort of rant had me smiling.

Thought the new fella did an OK commentary, maybe tried a bit too hard, needs to relax a bit, but for his 1st game I was pleased with him. Seems to have good knowlwdge of footie, perhaps he could give Matt Piper ( smashing lad ) a few lessons on commentary? :):):)

• 2 weeks later...

Another good call from him on Saturday was very impressed, really does so enthusiasm and a bit of passion and...............................actually comentates the game :)

Also i got a shout out during the second half of the game which was quite funny, then today i got an email from him asking if i heard the shout out and thanking me for tuning in so far away.

Just thought i would let you guys know as it shows that he actually must like doing it and wants to do well.

Another good call from him on Saturday was very impressed, really does so enthusiasm and a bit of passion and...............................actually comentates the game :)

Also i got a shout out during the second half of the game which was quite funny, then today i got an email from him asking if i heard the shout out and thanking me for tuning in so far away.

Just thought i would let you guys know as it shows that he actually must like doing it and wants to do well.

He's biased, but quite fun about it, he's better then barber anyway!!

Really was that you. I heard it and i wondered if it was anyone on here Because we have a few aussie members on here. Theres your fifteen minutes of fame

Really was that you. I heard it and i wondered if it was anyone on here Because we have a few aussie members on here. Theres your fifteen minutes of fame

Was probably one of the only Saturday games i was sober while i was listening :giggle:

hes better than barber definately but yeah he sounds like he knows what hes on about and doesnt always talk about the weather in a metaphorical manner lol

the stockport game though, he sounded like he may hav had a drink or two the night before lol he kept on getting names mixed up, at one point he said matty howard! lol but i like him! i didnt like the one he was with on saturday though, he was so un-biased it sounded like he wanted them to score lol!

He actually just read this thread 5 minutes ago, i think he will be pleased he didn't see your post Morris :giggle:

He is still learning but in his own words he has an awesome job and enjoys doing it, where with Barber it seemed like he didn't give a fat rats clacker

He actually just read this thread 5 minutes ago, i think he will be pleased he didn't see your post Morris :giggle:

He is still learning but in his own words he has an awesome job and enjoys doing it, where with Barber it seemed like he didn't give a fat rats clacker

ahaha well he can read this one!

WELCOME

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!keep up the good work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Archived