Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Daggers

Absolute *** of our time Pt.MXXVI

30 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

That senior copper who legged it when he saw the terrorist killing one of his officers during the Westminster attack .....   fookin pathetic ...   not sure how he can sleep at night tbh ...   but d'you know what ..  bet he sleeps like a baby.

Easy to say from the outside looking in. If I saw a crazed dude knife someone I'd be legging it in the opposite direction too. 

32 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Easy to say from the outside looking in. If I saw a crazed dude knife someone I'd be legging it in the opposite direction too. 

I don't think any of us would really know how we would react to one of these incidents until they happened, I would hope I would do everything to move people more vulnerable than me to safety, I have no idea if I would in the actual circumstance though.

This doesn't look good though, We all slag off MP's but Tobias Ellwood ran right into that danger to administer CPR on the victim with no care for himself, the head of the police force legging it doesn't exactly chime with the responsibility of such a position he is supposed to hold. Even staying there at a distance to observe would have been better.

43 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

You can do whatever you think best ...   but this guy was a senior policeman ...  and the man being killed was a fellow officer ...   he was in a car ffs ! ...  the least he could have done was try and distract him ..  yell at him, driven up close ...  try and run him over ...   something !!   But to just whizz off isn’t fookin right ...    no, he’s a grade A spineless cvnt imo.

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Just think of the coup the terrorist would have achieved if he'd killed a very senior police officer? Not sure he could have done anything else.

Open the door? Shout? Maybe anything to try and distract him murdering his colleague.

The job of police is to actually put themselves in danger, that is part of it, that's also why unarmed ex soldiers often run towards these things. They didn't even move up the road, they legged it for miles. 

The guy got a knighthood in part for his work in reducing stop and search lol its so 2018 this.

Just now, MattP said:

Open the door? Shout? Maybe anything to try and distract him murdering his colleague.

The job of police is to actually put themselves in danger, that is part of it, that's also why unarmed ex soldiers often run towards these things. They didn't even move up the road, they legged it for miles. 

The guy got a knighthood in part for his work in reducing stop and search lol its so 2018 this.

Be different if he was armed but I'm not sure he could have anything other put himself in danger.

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Be different if he was armed but I'm not sure he could have anything other put himself in danger.

With the experience he must have to hold his position surely he would have been in some use, if not in tackling the suspect even helping people around him. Locking the doors and speeding away just seems awful, even more so when you have normal members of the public and a Tory MP running into it to try and save someone's life.

Compare his actions to PC Wayne Marques during the London Bridge attacks, blinded but according to the inquest he saved lives by fighting off three attackers armed with just a baton.

I think it's kind of unfair to judge him too harshly. 

irrespective of his stature / experience in the force - he'd probably never been faced with that situation or anything remotely like it before.

who knows what flashes through your mind in a situation like that - your wife, your kids? it's selfish but I guess that thing is a chemical reaction in your brain.

that's why you've got a suited MP wielding a ****ing briefcase wading in and an 'experienced' police officer doing one - it's mental. 

I love to think that if I saw something like that happening I could be the hero and run in windmilling, hoping to help at my own expense but maybe I'd freeze up, sit and watch, run away?

who knows when someone is chopping another guy up in front of you.

i guess not everybody is made to be a selfless hero - imagine if everyone was? it'd be a very different world. 

Image result for utopia

Edited by lifted*fox
  • Like 1

The problem is though he is a police officer - his job is to confront danger and try to protect the public, that is what he has been trained to do and is paid to do whatever the situation.

I wouldn't criticise any normal Joe for legging it, I hope I wouldn't, but I'd probably do the same.

Sounds like he's retiring anyway now after this.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

The problem is though he is a police officer - his job is to confront danger and try to protect the public, that is what he has been trained to do and is paid to do whatever the situation.

I wouldn't criticise any normal Joe for legging it, I hope I wouldn't, but I'd probably do the same.

He was leading officer apparently..... 

not in the armed forces.....Also not the right character to represent the "Blue Lamp"

So it beggars the question..what do police  Leading/senior officers do....I

Or reports are arse to tits..!!

If not..his actions should be questioned...

13 minutes ago, MattP said:

Yes mate, and maybe he went through his entire career believing that he'd be a hero and would jump in front of a bullet for someone but when it came down to the crunch, he just ****ing froze out on it.

That's just how it goes, I guess. Happens during traumatic situations - you always see it referred to in history documentaries about WW2, etc.

Or maybe he's just selfish and thought **** that. Who knows. 

16 minutes ago, MattP said:

The guy is 56 years old and was unarmed and without a stab vest. It would quite literally be like sending a lamb to slaughter. You're absolutely right, it's his job to protect the public, but it certainly isn't his job to throw himself into a fight he can't win when there are armed officers nearby.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

The guy is 56 years old and was unarmed and without a stab vest. It would quite literally be like sending a lamb to slaughter. You're absolutely right, it's his job to protect the public, but it certainly isn't his job to throw himself into a fight he can't win when there are armed officers nearby.

Unarmed ??   ...   he was in a car ...   you know, that big metal 2 ton thing that’s runs people over and kills them.  

Policaman ...   serve and protect the public.   

Sorry ...   spineless, weak, pathetic.  

Just imagine this ...   he’s out for the night with the missus and gets jumped by 2 lads who threaten him with a knife ...   but, hang on 2 Policeman walk round the corner ...   look at what’s happening and leggit ....   yeah, unbelievable.

26 minutes ago, MattP said:

Give up Matt ...   FT has spoken.

9 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

I'm not asking him to throw himself at the attacker, I'm asking him not to leg it from the scene.

There must have been something he could have done to help at the time or in the immediate aftermath. 

The Coppers themselves don't seem to be too impressed with him from what I'm reading.

6 minutes ago, Benguin said:

How anyone can sit behind a keyboard and claim they would be a hero, if a knife wielding terrorist was on the loose, is beyond me. 

Who has claimed that? 

But yeah jokes aside I can see both sides to the argument but overall I think a senior police officer should be carrying himself with far more dignity than he mustered, surely he had to demonstrate the capacity to do so at some point in the past to even be in the job?

Edited by Carl the Llama

I reckon we should change the topic thread name......

I through my 64yrs always found cvnts pretty usefull,through my life,and sort of

a grasping feeling of security......ending in redoubtable extasy..

These pages..just keep reminding me  there are too many pr+cks who just joss off on their own insecurities..:huh:,

and limp themselves around life,using others has scapegoats....