Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Going to see my all time favourite band Less Than Jake (for the 9th time) at the O2 in Leicester next month, problem is, i've never been to that venue, does anyone know what the parking situation is like in the area? i was thinking about parking at the car park next to De Montfort Hall, seems like the best option

Yeah good spot to park.

Going to see my all time favourite band Less Than Jake (for the 9th time) at the O2 in Leicester next month, problem is, i've never been to that venue, does anyone know what the parking situation is like in the area? i was thinking about parking at the car park next to De Montfort Hall, seems like the best option

Nice, I've seen them a couple of times, most recently with Reel Big Fish and my favourite band Zebrahead down in Portsmouth a couple of years ago. I also met Roger very briefly when I worked at my student union bar, they were playing with The Skints and I ran into him backstage and we had a quick chat, then he carried on unloading his own equipment off the tour truck!

Hope it's a good one!  

Spewing last week I watched there last ever gig on you tube while at work looked like a quality gig

Yeah was watching it on Saturday evening with a few beers as a king of warm up. Was gutted I missed the last gig last time so chuffed I've got tickets for it this time.

The book club and dead sons were decent fillers in between, but this is going to be something else.

I'm so excited! Seems like the whole city are going to these shows.

If we win at Old Trafford there is not a chance in hell I will be in a state to attend.

Haha! Quite a few of us are hitting common room beforehand. Should be a class day

• 2 weeks later...

Off to see Shonen Knife & Otoboke Beaver at the Musician shortly.

Should be a lot better than this Andrea Bocelli geezer at the football tomorrow, despite what all the FoxesTalk would-be opera buffs think!  :thumbup:  :whistle:

Edited by Alf Bentley

Nice, I've seen them a couple of times, most recently with Reel Big Fish and my favourite band Zebrahead down in Portsmouth a couple of years ago. I also met Roger very briefly when I worked at my student union bar, they were playing with The Skints and I ran into him backstage and we had a quick chat, then he carried on unloading his own equipment off the tour truck!

Hope it's a good one!  

I went to the LTJ gig at the O2 Leicester the other night, mainly as old schoolmates and my missus are big fans - was a great night! Made me feel 15 again. The one song I really enjoyed back in the day was Gainesville Rock City, course they ended the encore with it and I had my first mosh in about 7 years. Brilliant

Met Roger after, he's well sound

Edited by Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo
  • Like 1

I went to the LTJ gig at the O2 Leicester the other night, mainly as old schoolmates and my missus are big fans - was a great night! Made me feel 15 again. The one song I really enjoyed back in the day was Gainesville Rock City, course they ended the encore with it and I had my first mosh in about 7 years. Brilliant

Nice one mate glad you enjoyed it! They've just announced a load more dates in the UK in October, not sure if there were any midlands dates, but they are doing the O2 academy in Bournemouth should be good!

As i was working early the next day, i stayed away from the bar and actually managed to get right through to the front with my other half. She was the one in the sunglasses who the band tried to get on stage, got the chance to talk to roger after the gig too. Great band, nice guys!

Nice one mate glad you enjoyed it! They've just announced a load more dates in the UK in October, not sure if there were any midlands dates, but they are doing the O2 academy in Bournemouth should be good!

I'll be going to the sheffield gig as the other half's parents live up there, gives me an excuse for a couple of days off work, and free accommodation!

Struggling to see bands/artists I haven't already seen but Paul Simon is playing Nottingham in Nov...yey!

Might look into that also, absolute legend! For me he's in that bracket of greatest songwriters of all time.

Edited by Fox92

Might look into that also, absolute legend! For me he's in that bracket of greatest songwriters of all time.

I'm with you there, tix are on sale now mate.  I love his newer stuff too so won't just be waiting for the 'hits' :)

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1