Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

11 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

Yeah definitely. I'll go Nottingham considering there's no Sheffield dates.

Dylan is my favourite artist alongside the Beatles so I don't want to miss it.

edit: bloody just seen the price. 

Edited by Fox92

Should be going.

I know someone who was a huge Dylan fan and went to see him live and she said he sounded so bad it tainted her view of the great man.

But how often does a true legend play a few miles up the road? 

Besides people said his voice was bad in 1962...lol 

• 3 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Jay said:

You should always go and see Springsteen when you get the chance puts on a great show

I had the misfortune of seeing Springsteen at Roundhay Park in Leeds on the Born in the USA tour and have to say in spite of most of the material played that it was without doubt the most soporific, tedious live experience of my life. He played for over three hours and when after all that you’re forced to endure a third encore consisting of ‘Rockin all Over the World’ featuring a guest appearance by ‘Little Steven’ unbelievably, you start wishing you were actually at a ****ing Quo gig instead. Actually Quo are the only band to literally send me to sleep. Unfortunately they headlined Reading one year and I actually went back to my tent out of sheer boredom during a second rendition of "In the Army Now". One of the few good things about seeing Springsteen live was the huge roar that greeted the late Clarence Clemons whenever he played a solo. I’ll stick to the occasional delve into Nebraska and side three of the River thanks.

4 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I had the misfortune of seeing Springsteen at Roundhay Park in Leeds on the Born in the USA tour and have to say in spite of most of the material played that it was without doubt the most soporific, tedious live experience of my life. He played for over three hours and when after all that you’re forced to endure a third encore consisting of ‘Rockin all Over the World’ featuring a guest appearance by ‘Little Steven’ unbelievably, you start wishing you were actually at a ****ing Quo gig instead. Actually Quo are the only band to literally send me to sleep. Unfortunately they headlined Reading one year and I actually went back to my tent out of sheer boredom during a second rendition of "In the Army Now". One of the few good things about seeing Springsteen live was the huge roar that greeted the late Clarence Clemons whenever he played a solo. I’ll stick to the occasional delve into Nebraska and side three of the River thanks.

I guess you can't please them all.:)

Although most herald his 3+ hours shows I'd be much happier with 2 hours, my attention span wavers if its longer than that even for the Boss.

Just now, purpleronnie said:

I guess you can't please them all.:)

Although most herald his 3+ hours shows I'd be much happier with 2 hours, my attention span wavers if its longer than that even for the Boss.

I think the duration was the problem, because he is beyond doubt a consummate showman but when you require David Blaine like endurance to get through the set list and you are lukewarm over some of his back catalogue, it ceases to be enjoyable. The E Street Band were great and I like Springsteen as an artist and respect him as an individual having always admired his integrity - particularly when he recently spoke with such candour about his battle with depression. It was strange watching him perform alongside the Democrats having for so many years been a troubadour and personification of rust belt blue collar America which has subsequently been appropriated by Trump. 

8 minutes ago, Line-X said:

I think the duration was the problem, because he is beyond doubt a consummate showman but when you require David Blaine like endurance to get through the set list and you are lukewarm over some of his back catalogue, it ceases to be enjoyable. The E Street Band were great and I like Springsteen as an artist and respect him as an individual having always admired his integrity - particularly when he recently spoke with such candour about his battle with depression. It was strange watching him perform alongside the Democrats having for so many years been a troubadour and personification of rust belt blue collar America which has subsequently been appropriated by Trump. 

Well given the choice then an artist like Springsteen will always go towards the democrats, he always seem to put his name behind amnesty, war vets etc...but John Kerry did seem the most connected to the working classes , those lines did get a bit blurred especially with trump/Clinton but you can understand given what trump has said in the past that artists railed against him..

But back to the length of shows I completely agree. But I think we might be in the minority when it comes to springsteen fans.

Edited by purpleronnie

45 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Is it just Axl Rose and the randoms? That guy is a complete moron.

Great if slash etc are back though.

Its the original line up minus the crack head drummer and guitarist.

Slash and Duff are back and they are doing a world tour.

Agree he is mental, apparently he now refuses to go on stage until he has eaten a roast lamb dinner.

9 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

Its the original line up minus the crack head drummer and guitarist.

Slash and Duff are back and they are doing a world tour.

Agree he is mental, apparently he now refuses to go on stage until he has eaten a roast lamb dinner.

Haha probably explains why he was about 2 hours late at both festivals I've been to where they played.

My granddaughter is going to Providence to see 21 Pilots tonight, I'm quite miffed that I wasn't invited. I mean what's wrong with taking your grandfather to a concert pffft!!!

Edited by Smudge
spelin

36 minutes ago, baker11 said:

Tempted to see them at The Leadmill but I think tickets were quite steep.

16 quid Inc booking fee at rescue rooms I think.

Probably about right I think.

Just compare it spending 30-40 on watching Leicester trying to defend and not being able to string 5 passes together and it seems top value! Haha

• Like 1