Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

Saw Joe Satriani, John Petrucci and Uli John Roth in Bordeaux last night. I like rock guitar but I'm not really into solo guitarists going off on one. I went because I interviewed John Petrucci a few years ago when Dream Theater were breaking through in Europe and he offered to meet up for a drink if I went to the concert. As it was, we only ended up chatting in the tour bus for a while as I was too tired and he was too busy. Not much to report other than that he's a good guy.

On 5/1/2018 at 01:22, Bob Weasel Fox said:

I went with the wife

good I thought, very good in fact

we were in block 10 Row T

23 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

I was there too - brilliant gig. 

19 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Very good imho 

thought his latest album was a bit Meh but sounded much better live somehow

good show

Thought he was good. Especially considering he was never a frontman. 

I'm not that massive into Oasis but I do like HFB, especially the latest album which actually sounded different to what he has been writing throughout his career.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Thought he was good. Especially considering he was never a frontman. 

I'm not that massive into Oasis but I do like HFB, especially the latest album which actually sounded different to what he has been writing throughout his career.

Yes the latest album is growing on me more now to be fair

as I’ve said before (I think) I’m a massive Oasis fan and the wife is a massive Beatles fan so we have lots of discussions as to who is the best band etc etc lol 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bob Weasel Fox said:

Yes the latest album is growing on me more now to be fair

as I’ve said before (I think) I’m a massive Oasis fan and the wife is a massive Beatles fan so we have lots of discussions as to who is the best band etc etc lol 

All I can say, obviously as a massive Beatles fan, to hear an arena full of people singing All You Need Is Love (which was well covered by Noel) was tremendous. 

• Like 1

Been to see Noel tonight and have to say it was fantastic, better than I was expecting. 

Some of the new stuff sounded really good live, Fort Knox is a good one to come out too and She Taught Me To Fly was excellent too.

• Like 3