Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/05/2018 at 16:52, Worthington said:

Stones at the 'Rickety' in 3 weeks time  ... Missed them in the 70s and regretted it for years. Good lady is treating me to this. One item ticked off on the 'bucket list'!

Saw them in 1982, 1990, and 2013. Ceased to be artistically relevant in 1973 in my opinion, but it's rather like standing on the Mall waving a cheap plastic Union Jack as the Royal Family trundle past. 

2 hours ago, Dr Marco said:

I'm going on the 19th with my aunt and uncle, big Pearl Jam fans

I'm hugely jealous, but I don't want to travel and stay over night these days (on my own)..although if I'm going to see them in the future I'll have to...so probably will, I've seen them numerous times though, always special.

I'll be avoiding this thread and PJ forums after the gig...a reminder of what I missed out on.:D

Next for me From the jam.

Edited by purpleronnie
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I'm hugely jealous, but I don't want to travel and stay over night these days (on my own)..although if I'm going to see them in the future I'll have to...so probably will, I've seen them numerous times though, always special.

I'll be avoiding this thread and PJ forums after the gig...a reminder of what I missed out on.:D

Next for me From the jam.

I missed this when they went on sale - got them through Viagogo not too much above listed price. 

Great thing about PJ is that unlike most bands the set list changes from night to night - so no spoilers and you never know what you'll get. Lat time I saw them was MK bowl which was superb. 

• Like 1

Been to a few gigs this year; Everything Everything, The Wombats, Public Service Broadcasting, Will Joseph Cook, however I'm going to see Flight of the Concords later this month and am wondering if anyone has seen them? Just wondering what to expect, a mix of music and standup or all songs? Should be good whatever they do.

From the jam - Loughborough Town Hall

Just back, great gig, Hard to believe how many amazing songs The Jam had...top night, if there's any jam fans out there who haven't seen them check them out.  Some storming versions tonight, Eton Rifles tonight was a bit special, but some great b sides covered too.  Crowd were up for it as well

Far too many shorts around though, geezer near me in shorts and flip flops...the mind boggles.

And I've never seen so many beer glasses on the floor...a minefield for my dessies.

• Like 2

Saw the Stones at Twickenham on Tuesday. Very good. Just enjoyable hearing some of the greatest songs ever live.

Bit disappointed with Sympathy For The Devil because the guitar solo in the song is my favourite and one of the best of all time but I couldn't really hear it. 

I don't know how Jagger runs up and down the stage like a teenager though. He's 74 and had so much drugs, alcohol and cigarettes throughout his life. 

On 03/06/2018 at 20:11, Kopic said:

Been to a few gigs this year; Everything Everything, The Wombats, Public Service Broadcasting, Will Joseph Cook, however I'm going to see Flight of the Concords later this month and am wondering if anyone has seen them? Just wondering what to expect, a mix of music and standup or all songs? Should be good whatever they do.

I saw Everything Everything at the Rythm Rooms last year....  great to see such a good band in a tiny venue...!  Also seeing PSB at Bluedot next month

also seeing flight of thr concords week after next in Brum... I have no idea what to expect, but I’m sure it will be good!

Edited by Wolfox