Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

3 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Manics at Demont,May next year...didn't even know about it till the mother in law asked if we needed a baby sitter!Close to £100 for the two of us.Have ticket's gone up that much....Could have sworn i paid about £25 each they were last in Leicester.

If the last MSP gig at de mont was 2014 I paid £29.50.....Did you go, I have bad memories of that gig.  It was more like a wake than a concert, are de mont gigs usually like that?

4 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

If the last MSP gig at de mont was 2014 I paid £29.50.....Did you go, I have bad memories of that gig.  It was more like a wake than a concert, are de mont gigs usually like that?

Yes,went to that..was a bit dissapointing,I remember them playing a lot of songs from the Rewind The Film album...which as you say was SLOW! This time they are supposed to be playing the This is my truth record in full"20 years...i know!") and i guess all of the hits.No,gigs at demont are really good usually...just that MSP were a bit crap that night imho!And it's the last one.....so might see a few good tunes!

Edited by PAULCFC

11 hours ago, PAULCFC said:

Yes,went to that..was a bit dissapointing,I remember them playing a lot of songs from the Rewind The Film album...which as you say was SLOW! This time they are supposed to be playing the This is my truth record in full"20 years...i know!") and i guess all of the hits.No,gigs at demont are really good usually...just that MSP were a bit crap that night imho!And it's the last one.....so might see a few good tunes!

I enjoyed the manics performance, i'm not really interested in them doing just the hits, I thought that there was a good mix of old and new, I think it was futurology not rewind the film,...but maybe wrong, I really like futurology so was happy about that, it was just the crowd, they were so dull, I think I read after that there was some argument with fans before the gig which might have put a damper on the gig... if true.

Might check them out next year if I'm struggling for gigs....although might go see alice in chains instead who are playing brum in may.

Going to Manics at DMH too. Looking forward to the TIMT show, went to the Holy Bible and EMG anniversary tours previously and it's nice to hear some old album tracks. I was at the last De Mont gig too, don't remember it that well but I'm probably one of the dullards tbf. :D

On 12/11/2018 at 21:33, Fox92 said:

Thanks for that! 9pm is great, I'll be there earlier than that. This is my third time seeing him so really excited as I'm a big fan of his.

How was it? Interested to know what you thought in comparison to other times you've seen him.

2 hours ago, Max Wall said:

How was it? Interested to know what you thought in comparison to other times you've seen him.

Yeah, excellent. He's always great live in these little venues I think, last time I saw him was in Hyde Park and it was a bit open. Loved that he played 'Last Night Somebody Loved Me' though, as I've never seen that live before, but he didn't do much of the album tracks from previous records - stuff like 'Lockdown' and 'The Right Thing' which are among my favourites - but overall can't knock the gig or Marr himself the hero!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...