Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lamby

What gigs are you going?

7 minutes ago, purpleronnie said:

Seen the odd bit of bouncing but nowhere near as frequent, don't hear many football chats either these days  Out of interest which venues still allow stage diving?

You go to music gigs hoping to hear football chants? I’d probably want to leave if I heard football chants, that’s not for me at all. I’m not sure any venues allow stage diving but if the performer does it I don’t think there’s much they can do. I saw Odd Future a few times when they first emerged and there was a load of projectile musicians throughout, just for 1 example 

1 hour ago, Samilktray said:

You go to music gigs hoping to hear football chants? I’d probably want to leave if I heard football chants, that’s not for me at all. I’m not sure any venues allow stage diving but if the performer does it I don’t think there’s much they can do. I saw Odd Future a few times when they first emerged and there was a load of projectile musicians throughout, just for 1 example 

When did I say that?  It's something that was common place and built the atmosphere.  Gigs just seem a lot quieter and tamer than they used to be, but maybe I'm just missing the raucous one's:).  Still been to plenty of recent gigs with good atmopsheres, but they seem more infrequent.

When I said stage diving, it wasn't the musicians I had in mind.:D  I actually think stage diving was pretty dangerous and glad it's stopped, but I was really referring to the chaotic nature of gigs back in the day compared to the blander experiences of today, that's not all to do with the crowds though, elf and safety an all that.

2 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I wonder what the yoof think when they see old youtube vids of people bouncing in unison, crowd surfing and stage diving.

quite a lot of gigs still have a superb atmosphere and crowd etc. saw the streets the other week and it was great, just the right level of rowdy without just turning into a massive fight. 

disappointed with last night though, jungle lend themselves to everyone just having a good dance and it just wasn’t happening anywhere. 

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Weller at the Royal Naval College, Greenwich in July.

Greenwich is one of my favourite area's in London anyway and I managed to get a room in the Greenwich Travelodge for under £35. I've treble checked the date because everywhere else in the area was £100 plus on that night.

10 hours ago, Wakeyfox said:

Easy life in Leicester next sat.

Will probably be the oldest person there!

I'm looking forward to it, they've got a proper hipster fanbase but will be interesting to see what they're like in a bigger venue.

On 24/03/2019 at 08:54, stretch1965 said:

Went to see The Slow Readers Club at the Shed last night. Absolutely brilliant and well worth a listen if you like electro indi music.

Was shocked to see them paying such a small venue.

Can't see them playing venues like that for much longer.

On 25/03/2019 at 14:15, baker11 said:

Was shocked to see them paying such a small venue.

Can't see them playing venues like that for much longer.

Me neither they have got some great tracks, off to see them in reading on Sunday, rare that I travel that far to see a band

Easy Life were brilliant. Worst attempt at a crowd surf I've ever seen though cos Murray jumped into a a load of birds.

Drunkenly bought a ticket for DMAs on Thursday in Brum just now as well