Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stuliasz

Stockport Player Ratings

Stockdale 6

Gilbert 7

Morrison 6

Hobbs 7

Mattock 6

Oakley 5

Berner 6

King 6

Dyer 5 (just)

Fryatt 5

Howard 4

Cleverley6

Hayles 6

Pearson 4, after Saturday how can you not give Gradel 10 mins and try and actually win the game, our home form is not good enough

Stockdale 6

Gilbert 7

Morrison 6

Hobbs 7

Mattock 6

Oakley 5

Berner 6

King 6

Dyer 5 (just)

Fryatt 5

Howard 4

Cleverley6

Hayles 6

Pearson 4, after Saturday how can you not give Gradel 10 mins and try and actually win the game, our home form is not good enough

38 days since our last home win.

David Stockdale - 6, did what he needed to do, no real chance with the goal, a couple of decent stops in difficult coinditions

Kerrea Gilbert - 6, didnt see any real problems, did well for the first 20 minutes cutting in from the right, faded towards the end

Joe Mattock - 6, cant remember him doing too much, but didnt really do anything wrong

Jack Hobbs - 6, good to see him back, but not his best game

Michael Morrison - 6, see jack hobbs

Matt Oakley - 4, when will he realise he can dominate games like this, too anonymous, drifted in and out of the game

Lloyd Dyer - 4, did some good things but ultimately is suffering from a crisis of confidence or something, and please god make a challenge once in a while!

Bruno Berner - 4, poor game for Bruno, very disappointing

Andy King - 5, did some nice things, but like Oakley drifted in and out of the game too much

Matty Fryatt - 7, chased the ball down for most of the game, got no service, but looked good when on the ball

Steve Howard - 3 - total rubbish for me, no first touch tonight, and when he runs he looks like he's going backwards, looked totally uninterested

Tom Cleverley - 5, no real impact but tried to get forward and create something

Barry Hayles - 5, some neat touches but ultimately not good enough

Pearson - 2, got this one badly wrong, the game was crying out for Gradel to come on to try and spark it into life, especially as Dyer wasn't really up for it

Weather - 0, got pissed on on the way there, nearly knackered my new phone cause my coat had soaked right through and my pockets were full of water

Referee - minus 10, the man was a clown, without a doubt!

(and dont get me wrong I quite like Steve Howard but he was Piss Poor tonight)

Stockdale - 7

Gilbert - 7

Morrison - 6.5

Hobbs - 6.5

Mattock - 6

Oakley - 6.5

King - 6

Berner - 5

Dyer - 5

Howard - 5.5

Fryatt - 5.5

Not our night tonight but a win on saturday against Cheltenham and we should pick up a bit. :thumbup:

David Stockdale 7

Kerrea Gilbert 8: Starting to love this guy more and more....several perfect interceptions....great runs and some skill to boot.

Joe Mattock 4

Jack Hobbs 5

Michael Morrison 5

Matt Oakley 6

Lloyd Dyer :sick: 2: Ive lost interest...completely...when the part time fans in the family stand start calling for his dropping u know he's not performing(gave him half of mattocks rating i feel thats fair some may feel its nuts)

Bruno Berner N/A: Ive decided this as i actually dont think berner wanted to play today, i swear to god i saw him yawn after about 20 minutes. poor guy looked knackered, hardly moved an inch.

Andy King 5

Matty Fryatt 5

Steve Howard 4

Tom Cleverley 6

Barry Hayles 5(Made an okish impact as usual.

Stockdale 7 (Competent debut. No chance with the goal and a couple of excellent saves. Occasional good throw-outs to dyer).

Gilbert 7 (Surprise but welcome goal, sharper than of late, pick of the defence).

Morrison 6 (Ordinary)

Hobbs 6 (When you leave a striker like O'Grady with time and space 22 yards out then you're asking for trouble. The back line had fallen back to readily anyway. Never fully in command anyway against what was a numerically limited attack).

Mattock 6 (Never looked likely to make a difference but reasonable enough defensively).

Oakley 6 (Disappointing. Free kicks were predictable and lacked pace or devilment, some of our corners, particularly the short ones, were embarrassing, his final passes were uninspired or inaccurate and, like others he lacked for movement and urgency).

King 6.25 (One of the few who at least tried to play the ball simply and quickly to feet but since Davies departure he often finds himself without a runner to aim at. The movement around him was woeful tonight and Stockport had clearly done their homework cos they closed him down very quickly in the box).

Berner 4.5 (Once again I wondered what he was for. As so often he failed to have any great impact either with a notable pass or two or through his movement off or around the ball).

Dyer 5 (The best thing he did all niight was getting credited with Gilbert's goal. Tried a few runs against his full-back but was always quite easily neutralised. Why Pearson didn't use two wingers to stretch the visiting defence and to make full-backs commit on the wet surface I don't know)

Howard 5 (Looked battleweary throughout. Needed to come off but I saw little purpose in his being replaced by Hayles)

Fryatt 5 (Almost completely shackled and seemed like the Fryatt of last season, not strong enough and not good enough)..

Subs:

Cleverley 5 (Injected a little bit of energy into a completely flat side but the lad doesn't look to be in Porter's class from anything I've seen so far apart from at Walsall. Disappointing).

Hayles 4 (Spluttered along like a vintage motorbike in need of a service. He was no threat whatsoever and I saw little point in his being there for the difference he made).

Pearson 0 (Presented a team with no joy, no energy, no movement, no sparkle and no ambition. On a wet night and against a defence that was solid down the middle we needed to spread the play, make defenders turn and try to create some space between them.

Leaving Gradel on the bench was an insult to the lad and the perfect way to deflate him when he really was champing at the bit and ready to offer the energy our side so desperately needed.

Yet another home bore draw with so few shots and so little invention stuck two fingers up to the fans and Pearson did sod all to change it. While Ferguson would have put an exta forward on, used two wingers and driven his men forward in maximum effort to win the game, Pearson bored the pants off everyone in the ground. Yes we had some tired players out there but only because Pearson was too negative to use any pacey or worthwhile alternatives)

Stocky-d 6 - Made some decent saves to keep us in the game.

Gilbert 6 - Glad to see him finally get a goal. Getting back to his usual self.

Hobbs 6 - Seemed to have most things under control.

Morrison 5 - Pants, second poor performance in a row.

Mattock 5 - Very poor long balls.

Oakley 6 - Worked very hard, pitch made it hard to get any decent passing moves going. Better set pieces than of late.

Dyer 5 - Why didn't Gradel come on?

King 6 - Didn't waste a pass all night on a tricky surface but seemed reluctant to tackle.

Berner 5 - Didn't make a telling contribution. Can see why he was subbed off.

Fryatt 6 - Worked hard but very greedy.

Howard 4 - Did nothing but moan all night long. If you're not fit, don't play.

Cleverley 5 - Just for the energy he brought.

Hayles 5 - Although he didn't do a lot, he did more than Howard.

Stockdale - 7.* Kept the run going with vital second-half saves.

Gilbert - 6. Did very little after his goal.

Hobbs - 5. Not improved during his rest.

Morrison - 5. Serious distribution issues.

Mattock - 5. Far too casual.

Oakley - 5. Decent first half, then went missing yet AGAIN. :angry:

King - 5. Can't pass forward to save his life.

Berner - 6. The only tackler in our midfield.

Dyer - 2. Now becoming a serious liability. Contributed jack in attack tonight..

Howard - 4. Can't play twice in four days, simple as.

Fryatt - 6. Was woefully out of form but at least kept trying.

Cleverley - 5. No impact whatsoever.

Hayles - 5. Better than Howard, but not by much.

Apart from the manager... :angry:

I'd love Pearson to have the bottle to explain his reasoning with Gradel.

In the pub tonight we were even discussing whether our current approach is purposely designed to keep the fans turning up until the end of the season.

Because there seems to little commitment to actually winning.

Stockdale 7 (Competent debut. No chance with the goal and a couple of excellent saves. Occasional good throw-outs to dyer).

Gilbert 7 (Surprise but welcome goal, sharper than of late, pick of the defence).

Morrison 6 (Ordinary)

Hobbs 6 (When you leave a striker like O'Grady with time and space 22 yards out then you're asking for trouble. The back line had fallen back to readily anyway. Never fully in command anyway against what was a numerically limited attack).

Mattock 6 (Never looked likely to make a difference but reasonable enough defensively).

Oakley 6 (Disappointing. Free kicks were predictable and lacked pace or devilment, some of our corners, particularly the short ones, were embarrassing, his final passes were uninspired or inaccurate and, like others he lacked for movement and urgency).

King 6.25 (One of the few who at least tried to play the ball simply and quickly to feet but since Davies departure he often finds himself without a runner to aim at. The movement around him was woeful tonight and Stockport had clearly done their homework cos they closed him down very quickly in the box).

Berner 4.5 (Once again I wondered what he was for. As so often he failed to have any great impact either with a notable pass or two or through his movement off or around the ball).

Dyer 5 (The best thing he did all niight was getting credited with Gilbert's goal. Tried a few runs against his full-back but was always quite easily neutralised. Why Pearson didn't use two wingers to stretch the visiting defence and to make full-backs commit on the wet surface I don't know)

Howard 5 (Looked battleweary throughout. Needed to come off but I saw little purpose in his being replaced by Hayles)

Fryatt 5 (Almost completely shackled and seemed like the Fryatt of last season, not strong enough and not good enough)..

Subs:

Cleverley 5 (Injected a little bit of energy into a completely flat side but the lad doesn't look to be in Porter's class from anything I've seen so far apart from at Walsall. Disappointing).

Hayles 4 (Spluttered along like a vintage motorbike in need of a service. He was no threat whatsoever and I saw little point in his being there for the difference he made).

Pearson 0 (Presented a team with no joy, no energy, no movement, no sparkle and no ambition. On a wet night and against a defence that was solid down the middle we needed to spread the play, make defenders turn and try to create some space between them.

Leaving Gradel on the bench was an insult to the lad and the perfect way to deflate him when he really was champing at the bit and ready to offer the energy our side so desperately needed.

Yet another home bore draw with so few shots and so little invention stuck two fingers up to the fans and Pearson did sod all to change it. While Ferguson would have put an exta forward on, used two wingers and driven his men forward in maximum effort to win the game, Pearson bored the pants off everyone in the ground. Yes we had some tired players out there but only because Pearson was too negative to use any pacey or worthwhile alternatives)

:crylaugh:

I'd love Pearson to have the bottle to explain his reasoning with Gradel.

In the pub tonight we were even discussing whether our current approach is purposely designed to keep the fans turning up until the end of the season.

Because there seems to little commitment to actually winning.

The winless home run is hardly tempting fans to meet the early deadline for renewing season tickets.

Indeed, it's starting to raise serious doubts as to whether Pearson is capable of building a side to compete at a higher level.

His team is being sussed out, and to date he appears to lack the wit or nous to change tack.

Unless Gradel had a knock, and his half-time warm-up gave no evidence of one, failure to bring him on was inexcusable.

The winless home run is hardly tempting fans to meet the early deadline for renewing season tickets.

Indeed, it's starting to raise serious doubts as to whether Pearson is capable of building a side to compete at a higher level.

His team is being sussed out, and to date he appears to lack the wit or nous to change tack.

Unless Gradel had a knock, and his half-time warm-up gave no evidence of one, failure to bring him on was inexcusable.

NP will have to build a new team next year. Look at the loan signings he's made this season, he's utilised the system perfectly to get us out of this league. We are top of the league by 12 points remember.

Next season he's going to have to play it differently and he knows that. The Championship is a lot more physical, NP's gonna have to sign players that will cut the mustard at that level.

David Stockdale - 6, did what he needed to do, no real chance with the goal, a couple of decent stops in difficult coinditions

Kerrea Gilbert - 6, didnt see any real problems, did well for the first 20 minutes cutting in from the right, faded towards the end

Joe Mattock - 6, cant remember him doing too much, but didnt really do anything wrong

Jack Hobbs - 6, good to see him back, but not his best game

Michael Morrison - 6, see jack hobbs

Matt Oakley - 4, when will he realise he can dominate games like this, too anonymous, drifted in and out of the game

Lloyd Dyer - 4, did some good things but ultimately is suffering from a crisis of confidence or something, and please god make a challenge once in a while!

Bruno Berner - 4, poor game for Bruno, very disappointing

Andy King - 5, did some nice things, but like Oakley drifted in and out of the game too much

Matty Fryatt - 7, chased the ball down for most of the game, got no service, but looked good when on the ball

Steve Howard - 3 - total rubbish for me, no first touch tonight, and when he runs he looks like he's going backwards, looked totally uninterested

Tom Cleverley - 5, no real impact but tried to get forward and create something

Barry Hayles - 5, some neat touches but ultimately not good enough

Weather - 0, got pissed on on the way there, nearly knackered my new phone cause my coat had soaked right through and my pockets were full of water

Referee - minus 10, the man was a clown, without a doubt!

(and dont get me wrong I quite like Steve Howard but he was Piss Poor tonight)

To be fair, Howard was marked out of the game!!

David Stockdale - 7, good stops and some attempt at thoughtful distribution, no chance for the goal, and a good performance given that he'd been a LCFC player for less than 24 hours.

Kerrea Gilbert - 6, the pick of the defence, and some threat going forward.

Joe Mattock - 6, kept trying but overlap with Dyer is not working.

Jack Hobbs - 5, not his best performance by a long shot.

Michael Morrison - 6, covered Hobbs a couple of times, when it's mostly been the other way around in previous matches.

Matt Oakley - 5, only average, with poor corners.

Lloyd Dyer - 5, better than recent games, but still barely average.

Bruno Berner - 4, didn't want to be playing as far as I could see.

Andy King - 5, another one who didn't seem to like the conditions.

Matty Fryatt - 6, blustered around a fair bit, especially towards the end, but no threat.

Steve Howard - 5, triple-teamed out the game whenever we hoofed it.

Tom Cleverley - 5, little impact when he came on.

Barry Hayles - 6, seemed more likely than Howard to break the marking, but didn't.

Archived