Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Kilworthfox

Martin Allen

I was wondering during last nights boredom, what further punnishment boredom I am in for, and remembered that MadDogs Barmy Army are in town on Satdi.

What reception will he get from the LCFC faithful? i will give him a cheer as he was not responcable IMO for our downfall. he was a good guy IMO who really wanted us to do well.

I remember when he was sacked, I could not believe it! Was disapointed then, maybe not now but was at the time. Remember how we sang at Forest take 2 after he was sacked? :scarf:

I was wondering during last nights boredom, what further punnishment boredom I am in for, and remembered that MadDogs Barmy Army are in town on Satdi.

What reception will he get from the LCFC faithful? i will give him a cheer as he was not responcable IMO for our downfall. he was a good guy IMO who really wanted us to do well.

I remember when he was sacked, I could not believe it! Was disapointed then, maybe not now but was at the time. Remember how we sang at Forest take 2 after he was sacked? :scarf:

Remember how we beat Watford 4-1, when they were clear at the top of the league, we played decent attacking passing along the floor, cutting edge football, with De Vries, Hume and Dj Campbell ALL scoring and assisting each others goals.

Awesome game :scarf:

Then he was sacked for non footballing reasons :giggle:

600_b747-jumbo-jet-engine-cowling-reception-desk.jpg

One like this.

He'll get indifference off me not because I dislike him I'm just miserable meanie who rarely if ever applauds or boos a currently employed returning player or manager.

As far as I'm concerned I take the same view as they mostly take with us, they're just doing a job and have no specific loyalty to us, they've been paid and moved on so have I.

I'm pissed off by all the people who blame Allen for the siltation we're in and take the piss out of him at Cheltenham when he was responsible for one of our most hopeful pre-seasons in recent years, got the squad playing well (chance after chance against Blackpool, the Watford game) and was universally missed in the days after his sacking. Everyone was close to calling for Milan's head in the days after his sacking yet things seem to have shifted in some people's heads in the year and a half since.

I'm pissed off by all the people who blame Allen for the siltation we're in and take the piss out of him at Cheltenham when he was responsible for one of our most hopeful pre-seasons in recent years, got the squad playing well (chance after chance against Blackpool, the Watford game) and was universally missed in the days after his sacking. Everyone was close to calling for Milan's head in the days after his sacking yet things seem to have shifted in some people's heads in the year and a half since.

I agree

I agree

I'll probably give him a clap at the start of the game, Certainly won't boo.

He wasn't here long enough to do anything wrong despite some people blaming him for us going down, but he wasn't here long enough do prove anything, I did want him back and slagged MM off alot when he was sacked, and would still love to know what actually went on, I have heard various stories but struggle to believe some of them (Both for MM/MA and against MM/MA respectively).

As I read someone post the other day I think MA is a man who will and perhaps has regretted leaving MK Dons.

If Hammond scores the week after Chris O' Grady expect a Sheehan free-kick to sink us at Leeds and Thracian to promptly explode.

Hammond is just the sort of player who could trouble our defence but the chances of Sheehan playing for Leeds are remote.

He's dropped right off the radar since a seemingly uncommitted performance when Grayson took over.

As far as I'm aware he's not been in the team or on the bench again since.

I was one of those calling for Milan's head at the time but subsequent events have proved him right. I thought the huge number of crap signings was Milan's interfering but he done the same at Cheltenham and virtually bankrupted them at the same time.

I won't cheer or clap him as I never cheer or clap the opposition on principle.

Hammond is just the sort of player who could trouble our defence but the chances of Sheehan playing for Leeds are remote.

He's dropped right off the radar since a seemingly uncommitted performance when Grayson took over.

As far as I'm aware he's not been in the team or on the bench again since.

He had a lot of good attributes but not a set that was suited to one position. Not sound enough for defence, not quick enough to make a left-midfielder. But pointless dragging all this up again. Be funny if all that happened though, wouldn't it? :D

i'd still be interested in what really happened

I believe that what really happened is simply Allen and Mandaric didnt get on - call it a power struggle if you like.... for me, this was a shame because I'm convinced that we wouldnt have gone down under Allen and the players he bought in, to play for him, would have been a success - so many people now knock Clemence, for example, and its a shame he's so injury prone, but I for one thought he looked superb for the few games he played under Allen... I'll cheer him on Saturday

Allen wasn't up to the job, I hoped he was the messiah but he was just a very naughty boy.

Mandaric employed him and signed off on his transfers - they both contributed to sending us down, I won't be giving either of them the time of day in a hurry.

Archived